IGNORED

SnowRunner

djbhammer

5 hours ago, englishbob said:

Next gen versions released today 

Added to my wishlist, I’ll pick this up in a PSN sale sometime. Definitely something I want to play but not sure how I’ll take to it.

Yep I might dip back in on the PS5 as well. Its one of those games that I hammered for weeks but doesn't really lend itself to such intense play. I feel like its one I'll keep returning to every year or two as a nice fall-back chillout game.

Remembered I had this on Steam so booted it up. So good on the Deck. Forgot totally how to play though and picked the wrong sort of vehicle the the task. Oops 

18 hours ago, bradigor said:

Remembered I had this on Steam so booted it up. So good on the Deck. Forgot totally how to play though and picked the wrong sort of vehicle the the task. Oops 

It’s the biggest bummer about the game really.

I have the platinum on ps4, loaded up the ps5 version and took the wrong logs to somewhere. 
once they clear that shit up snowrunner 2 will be quite amazing. 

I’ve started a new game on ‘hard’, which imposes all sorts of restrictions to make things more challenging. The tension when you only have limited money to rectify fuck ups is quite something. I also bought the Year 2 pass, which looks to be great.

9 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

I’ve started a new game on ‘hard’, which imposes all sorts of restrictions to make things more challenging. The tension when you only have limited money to rectify fuck ups is quite something. I also bought the Year 2 pass, which looks to be great.

That’s too much. No doubt they included it only because of the moaning on the forums about their runner games had now gone causal.

I started a new game , it’s rough at the start. No trucks to get anything done, nothing but road tires. I’m even struggling to get stuff down the road. Terrible balance in the early game so no wonder a lot of people bounce off it. Definitely definitely just get a scout (nothing less than the dlc Khan will do and that’s all I have now the servers for mods are so terrible) and unlock upgrades and watch towers, doing anything before you have some 4x4 capability or at least all terrain tires is probably pointless.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

That'll probably be better than struggling with what I have at the moment

You get xl for discovering trailers and places etc a lot of upgrades are locked to level.

Go for the watch towers, traverse maps. Go to Alaska and do the same thing and the other maps though tymir might be a bit much till you get dirt tires.

Never worry about selling anything in the garage because you just get your money back and rebut if needed , this includes parts.

I bought the AMK MK38 civilian could be a life saver In early game.

4 hours ago, bradigor said:

Thank you, didn't know that about selling, so it is 100% back so I can sell and buy again if needed

What you really want to do is what I suggested but in a mod scout. Some people enjoy the slow grind of finding stuff and I did for 80% of the game but after a while you realise there’s so much content you dont need to be doing things any slower.

Once you have the watch towers and locations done you should move on to repairing bridges. Then start doing contracts.

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

What you really want to do is what I suggested but in a mod scout. Some people enjoy the slow grind of finding stuff and I did for 80% of the game but after a while you realise there’s so much content you dont need to be doing things any slower.

Once you have the watch towers and locations done you should move on to repairing bridges. Then start doing contracts.

Mod scout? From the workshop? Or is it something in game already?

18 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Mod scout? From the workshop? Or is it something in game already?

A scout class (jeep, pickup truck, 4x4 type thing) from the Mod Browser on the main menu.

i had an excellent one on ps4 but the whole mod thing is having server issues this week.

It was a 4x4 that was stupidly fast and stupidly strong. Really handy for getting stuck into a new area. You could call it cheating but I think it balances the game out a bit overall.

Really enjoyed playing this on PS4 throughout 2020/2021.  One of my favourite 'chill' games that I can remember.

I got to Alaska, and although I was well equipped with good vehicles I found the challenge something different, and more stressful what with a lack of garage. 

Should I try to plough on, or restart?   I really enjoyed those earlier hours, the final hours not so much.

32 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Really enjoyed playing this on PS4 throughout 2020/2021.  One of my favourite 'chill' games that I can remember.

I got to Alaska, and although I was well equipped with good vehicles I found the challenge something different, and more stressful what with a lack of garage. 

Should I try to plough on, or restart?   I really enjoyed those earlier hours, the final hours not so much.

If they fixed the garage issue the game would be far less frustrating.

At the very least have us build a garage by taking it supplies if they can't bare to just let us find one and magically use it. perhaps limit the number of vehicles to come from said garage, I dunno....this game is full of bad design choices but Snowrunner 2 is going to be amazing one day :)

You do indeed. Some of the connecting areas of Alaska though maybe not, that's part of the challenge they introduce. I've never even managed to open up the routes to the connected areas in Alaska. I think on the difficulty curve of things I would recommend to instead start opening up connecting areas from the Michigan starting zone and exploring Russia.

You just complete all the tasks and contracts basically.

Then a giant rift opens in the sky, you fuse with your Tayga and take the fight to the freezing alien horde.

Slowly working through the first Michigan map. I need a better understanding of what trucks work best for each task. A suggestion when choosing a task would be nice. 

Also some kind of optional accessibility option to recover a truck in place, even if that means a minor cost or something.