Space Chanel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash - 5
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - 5

The Making Of...
Eliza

Time Extend
Star Wars: Republic Commando

edg_p1(53).jpg

• Upvote 8

Everyone called the Dreams 10, didn't they? Hopefully it ages more gracefully than LBP...

E: mine just arrived. Hype includes FFVII Remake, Baldur's Gate III, New World, Ynglet, Fuser, World of Horror, and the roundup (Hotshot Racing, Project GG, Sludge Life, Maquette, Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon.) The Long Game is Fire Emblem Three Houses.

I thought a 10 for Dreams was on the cards. I've watched some videos that suggest it's just full of dross, however, like Mario Maker.

Still, good scores for AC and Alyx, not that I'll ever be able to play the latter...

I wonder how big Alyx is. Are we expecting something along the lines of Episode 2's length (according to steam I took 4 hours to finish it) or HL2 (13 hours for me)? I'm hoping it's somewhere between the two. 

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition. 

1 better than 3rd Strike the prior best Street Fighter game ever. 

Holy shit guys 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition. 

1 better than 3rd Strike the prior best Street Fighter game ever. 

Holy shit guys 

What? IV over III any day of the week. III has its charms (and is definitely better than a 6/10), but is pretty flawed, and that's before you consider the 4F block / jump OS on wakeup that basically breaks the game.

• Upvote 1

On a similar tangent, Granblue should've got a 9. IDK why @Nate Dogg III wouldn't love it, the Ken analogue is a top tier character!

7 minutes ago, imp said:

What? IV over III any day of the week. III has its charms (and is definitely better than a 6/10), but is pretty flawed, and that's before you consider the 4F block / jump OS on wakeup that basically breaks the game.

image.gif.ab00795779633ed222dc25ffec844255.gif

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

That's the Hunt: Showdown getting bought, then, only £25 on PSN.

It's excellent but can be brutal.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

That's the Hunt: Showdown getting bought, then, only £25 on PSN.

What even is this?

Just now, Jamie John said:

What even is this?

It's a PvEvP survival game. You get dumped into a map to kill over monsters but so do other people. Then you have to extract. Sounds simple but it's atmospheric as fuck and tense to go with it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

It's excellent but can be brutal.

Is voice comms with other players necessary? Any good for solo play? The trailer is completely focussed on teamwork which has put me off a bit.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Subscriber's get the G-man

IMG_3223.thumb.JPG.4bfbb431b6dadd3256096aa6438d6e41.JPG

My subs copy just dropped through the letterbox.

Thank God! The kids have just started watching "Irritating Rabbit" starring James Corden.

• Upvote 1

Animal Crossing is a Ten of course, no arguments please, but otherwise good stuff. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Is voice comms with other players necessary? Any good for solo play? The trailer is completely focussed on teamwork which has put me off a bit.

I want to know this too, I've watched some lets plays of it on Youtube and it looks fab. But of course they always play with their friends. I only play online very late at night so I can't get a regular group of friends to play with so is there any point in picking this up?

What a great month. Unlike most of the world right now, gaming is in such a good place.

• Upvote 2

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition better than 3rd Strike?!

Pretty strong month for reviews overall. I've only spent the briefest time with Dreams but it's an absolutely bewildering thing. No idea how they achieved it. Gonna self isolate myself right into it.

Damn that’s a nice subs cover. And I was literally just thinking that a new Edge would help me and my army of singing potatoes get through this psychologically trying time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Are people actually playing Dreams? Seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. 

The really long beta did for it I think. The whole time people were posting these fascinating creations I couldn’t get it, and now it’s out it’s been months since I heard a peep and I forgot it existed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I only solo'd it but teams with people actually working together usually got the upper hand. It's enjoyable as solo but a much tougher experience.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

The really long beta did for it I think. The whole time people were posting these fascinating creations I couldn’t get it, and now it’s out it’s been months since I heard a peep and I forgot it existed.

Can people stop quoting the review? Haven't had my copy through yet.

• Empathy 2

I’ve had to cancel my sub this month as I was supposed to be moving and I know it’s cheeky and I promise I’ll be re-subbing soon, but can someone please post a pic of what is increasingly my favourite part of the mag

the chillout games advert? :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Dreams is the most ten of all tens they've ever tenned (probably not but it's well worth that score). I may be an exception to prove the rule here but it is keeping me sane at the moment (and not just because of the Covid19 situation).

It is a way easier proposition to craft a full experience in than learning something like Unity. 

Most importantly of all it's for the sheer joy of creating, just like painting an image or composing music in reality. Sometimes you do so because it's a therapeutic enjoyable activity and not because it has some possible financial incentive down the road.

I'm going to re-sub as the rest of the year is going to be a big games year - any decent deals atm? Is there a free gift offer on?