IGNORED

The Free Games Thread - Add them to your account - Keep Forever

Goose

To echo the above posts, Prey is on my backlog but I recently tried to get through Dishonored and bounced off that pretty hard, as said above due to having the 'wrong frame of mind'. Tangibly so, and even more apparent because I'd played through Dishonored before and really enjoyed it! At some point in the last few years I've lost a lot of patience for games that require you to skulk around slowly, loot, stalk enemies, read their emails etc. I'm hoping it comes back though because I used to love these immersive settings.

9 hours ago, monkeydog said:

I've tried Prey twice now and become annoyed as soon as the combat started. :unsure:

Same for me on first go. I think you have to be much more careful, for want of a better word, and it is very tricky at the start. Definitely not an all guns blazing fps and those bloody mimics are hard to hit at the start.

Maybe have a look at best powers to go with guide if you try again.

2 hours ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

To echo the above posts, Prey is on my backlog but I recently tried to get through Dishonored and bounced off that pretty hard, as said above due to having the 'wrong frame of mind'. Tangibly so, and even more apparent because I'd played through Dishonored before and really enjoyed it! At some point in the last few years I've lost a lot of patience for games that require you to skulk around slowly, loot, stalk enemies, read their emails etc. I'm hoping it comes back though because I used to love these immersive settings.

I think Prey is a much better game than Dishonored (liked the first, bored rigid with second) but that's subjective I suppose.

On 13/05/2022 at 17:20, Len said:

I think Prey is a much better game than Dishonored (liked the first, bored rigid with second) but that's subjective I suppose.

I hated Dishonored as a stealth game (which is one of my favourite genres). It was pretty good as an action game though (when you could actually use all the kit you'd been accumulating from looting everything). It was fun and messy and so much better than if you decided not to.

Note to game designers (and I am one) encouraging folk to sneak around to covertly rifle through drawers which consistently only contain shit that you absolutely cannot use if you're playing stealthily is an absolute dick move. "Oh! More ammo! Thanks a lot! Said no-one ever"

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Developed by MachineGames, a studio comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognized for their work creating story-driven games, Wolfenstein offers a deep game narrative packed with action, adventure and first-person combat.

Intense, cinematic and rendered in stunning detail with id® Software’s id Tech® engine, Wolfenstein sends players across Europe on a personal mission to bring down the Nazi war machine. With the help of a small group of resistance fighters, infiltrate their most heavily guarded facilities, battle high-tech Nazi legions, and take control of super-weapons that have conquered the earth – and beyond.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/wolfenstein-the-new-order

Tell Me Why

Tell Me Why is the latest narrative adventure game from DONTNOD Entertainment, the studio behind the beloved franchise, Life is Strange. In this intimate mystery, reunited twins Tyler and Alyson Ronan use their supernatural bond to unravel the memories of their loving but troubled childhood. Set in beautiful small-town Alaska, Tell Me Why features true-to-life characters, mature themes and gripping choices.

As you conjure up memories of the past, your choices will affect the twins’ relationship, determine the strength of their bond, and shape the course of their lives.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180660/Tell_Me_Why/

Venetica - Gold Edition

Set in the fantastic world of long ago Venice, the young Scarlett falls victim to a terrible mystery, which begins with the murder of her companion by a secretive alliance of mighty necromancers. Thus fate takes its inevitable course and threatens to throw the world out of order.

Scarlett finds out that she is the daughter of death incarnate and is blessed with his ultimate powers. She is the only one who can stop the gruesome powers that threaten to destroy the entire living world.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/venetica

I just watched the trailer for whatever that is... The main character has literally the same face as same late 2000s era remake Lara Croft.

I'd be amazed they didn't get sued.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Embark on an all-new adventure with Shantae, the hair-whipping belly dancing genie. After losing her magic, Shantae teams up with the nefarious pirate Risky Boots in order to save Sequin Land from a curse. As a pirate, Shantae gains new weapons to advance her quest, slay monsters, battle epic bosses…and hopefully get her magic back in the bargain!

• Incredible high resolution artwork, unlockable Pirate-Mode, multiple endings, and an unforgettable soundtrack make this one game you won't want to miss!
  • Upgrade Shantae's hair and weapons or unlock advanced Fighter's Moves.
  • Locate Pirate Gear, return lost Heart Squids, collect rare loot, and laugh out loud at the weird, wild, and wonderfully humorous cast of characters.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/shantae_and_the_pirates_curse

https://www.gog.com/game/daggerfall_unity_gog_cut?

Play a reimagined version of the all-time RPG classic from The Elder Scrolls series. Daggerfall Unity – GOG Cut brings this amazing experience to modern gamers. It has been made possible thanks to a whole team of passionate creators working under the banner of Daggerfall Unity.

This ambitious project, launched over a decade ago by Gavin “Interkarma” Clayton, is aiming to bring the unique experience of the classic open-world RPG game to a new generation of gamers. Thanks to the efforts of the GamerZakh, a gaming content creator with a love for classics, you can now enjoy a special GOG Cut of the Daggerfall Unity title.

All you have to do is download the game and simply launch it. The GOG Cut of Daggerfall Unity doesn’t require any special actions or updates on your behalf. Thanks to settings and mods that were selected by GamerZakh you can explore the rich world of Daggerfall with enhanced visuals and gameplay.

However, please note that although we find the experience very enjoyable the work on the title is stil ongoing. Some technical issues might occur, so it’s wise to quicksave often (F9) :D

ad47cd4e7aaa4beb545ec4f87e5f54477b31b09c