Call of Duty: Warzone

Mine's just decided that it wants to download a 171GB update. I'm trying to point it to the existing folder, because that won't download before christmas.

1 minute ago, U2031 said:

Mine's just decided that it wants to download a 171GB update. I'm trying to point it to the existing folder, because that won't download before christmas.

This the first update you've done, by any chance?

It was telling me previously that I wasn't connected to the internet, and the blizzard launcher says that's something's amiss so I'll switch it off till tomorrow and pray.

Anyone been on the new map and seen what looks like an open door leading into a corridor...except, you can't go through the door...it looks like it should be open judging by the mini map but blocked off with an invisible wall.

Hackney Yard is actually quite good in Gun Game. Awful in pretty much anything else, of course.

Haven't tried the new map yet - mainly because I haven't loaded up any mode except WZ in quite some time!

I've never played a cod and just downloaded warzone. There seem to be lots of weapons guides online... I imagine it will come down to personal preference but any recommended setups for someone that prefers close/medium range combat? 

45 minutes ago, Muz said:

I've never played a cod and just downloaded warzone. There seem to be lots of weapons guides online... I imagine it will come down to personal preference but any recommended setups for someone that prefers close/medium range combat? 

Someone with a lot more knowledge of COD can maybe help you more but the weapons are ranked when you are close to them: common, uncommon, epic, legendary etc.

I don't know the nuances of each weapon but I tend to just choose a sub-machine gun or assault rifle for close to medium combat (my preference too). If you pick up an epic or legendary version they usually have a scope for medium range which really helps.

I like to have an RPG or sniper rifle in the other slot for a bit of differentiation. 

52 minutes ago, Muz said:

The M4A1 is a really good assault rifle that you unlock pretty early on.

You'll unlock loads of add-ons and attachments the more you use the same weapon and it can be pretty heavy going at the beginning until you unlock them

:)

The PKM got a bit of a nerf to the accuracy early on, but it's still beastly. Marley13 has a video of him hipfiring it, and melting people.

In other news on PC, there's a major problem with battlenet which is still ongoing. I mentioned last night that it decided I should download a 170 gig patch, and after a bit of googling I found that you can get it to repair the installation and check the existing files. I ran that and now I only have to download a mere 150 gigs. The problem is that it disconnects after about 30 seconds and is ridiculously slow. I can't open the game because it's not updated and I can't update it. I'm hoping they sort it soon, but it does seem totally ridiculous for a franchise as big as this not to have this sort of stuff nailed.

2 hours ago, U2031 said:

The PKM got a bit of a nerf to the accuracy early on, but it's still beastly. Marley13 has a video of him hipfiring it, and melting people.

In other news on PC, there's a major problem with battlenet which is still ongoing. I mentioned last night that it decided I should download a 170 gig patch, and after a bit of googling I found that you can get it to repair the installation and check the existing files. I ran that and now I only have to download a mere 150 gigs. The problem is that it disconnects after about 30 seconds and is ridiculously slow. I can't open the game because it's not updated and I can't update it. I'm hoping they sort it soon, but it does seem totally ridiculous for a franchise as big as this not to have this sort of stuff nailed.

I changed the region to americas and the download worked. 

I flipped it over to us last night and it didn't seem to do anything so I switched it back, but later on it seemed to be downloading. Obviously instead of leaving my computer on over night I turned it off when I went to bed, so hopefully I'll be back in action later today. 

5 hours ago, U2031 said:

I flipped it over to us last night and it didn't seem to do anything so I switched it back, but later on it seemed to be downloading. Obviously instead of leaving my computer on over night I turned it off when I went to bed, so hopefully I'll be back in action later today. 

And now it's just deleted 100 gigs which I've been having to download in tiny chunks. I'm out till this is sorted, what a joke.

Had a quick game before breakfast this morning and bagged my first BR solo victory! I've had a few second or third places, which obviously were quite frustrating, and it felt great to finally pull off a win.

It was a pretty epic final few minutes as well, up in the forest behind the quarry area. I only had 2 kills prior to that point, I think, but then had to take out 5 of the final 10 or so. A couple of sneaky longshots thinned the crowd, then as it went down to the final 3 I dropped an airstrike in the rough vicinity of where I'd heard someone sniping, a little further up the hill, and then spotted the other remaining enemy. Just as I was shooting him, the notification came in for the airstrike taking out the sniper, and victory was finally mine.

Love this game.

59 minutes ago, hmm said:

Had a quick game before breakfast this morning and bagged my first BR solo victory! I've had a few second or third places, which obviously were quite frustrating, and it felt great to finally pull off a win.

It was a pretty epic final few minutes as well, up in the forest behind the quarry area. I only had 2 kills prior to that point, I think, but then had to take out 5 of the final 10 or so. A couple of sneaky longshots thinned the crowd, then as it went down to the final 3 I dropped an airstrike in the rough vicinity of where I'd heard someone sniping, a little further up the hill, and then stopped the other remaining enemy. Just as I was shooting him, the notification came in for the airstrike taking out the sniper, and victory was finally mine.

Love this game.

Good work. I've now had 5 second place finishes on Solos. Need to get the monkey off my back.

Is it just me or is the quality of opponent weaker in the morning/lunchtime?

It's odd that the sound in the main MP game seems to be really good, with footsteps and that being quite easy to pick out directionally. It's all over the place in warzone though. Players above and below sound like they're on the same floor as you and parachutes are either really obviously loud or completely silent. 

I watched what I suspect is the worst possible ending to a BR game the other day, after dying somewhere in the last 10 or so. There had been several people just mindlessly driving around in trucks as the game reached its conclusion, including the guy I was now watching. It got down to just him and one other, after he finally abandoned his truck, and it turned out that this final enemy was in a helicopter overhead. It also turned out that they had no intention of leaving it. The final circle started closing down to nothing, the guy on foot desperately fired a few clips at the helicopter to little effect, and then the gas closed on them both. I could see that the guy I was watching only had about 2/3 of a mask left and I guess the one up above had a full one, because basically they both just succumbed to the gas and the one in the air won because his mask held out slightly longer.

21 minutes ago, hmm said:

I watched what I suspect is the worst possible ending to a BR game the other day, after dying somewhere in the last 10 or so. There had been several people just mindlessly driving around in trucks as the game reached its conclusion, including the guy I was now watching. It got down to just him and one other, after he finally abandoned his truck, and it turned out that this final enemy was in a helicopter overhead. It also turned out that they had no intention of leaving it. The final circle started closing down to nothing, the guy on foot desperately fired a few clips at the helicopter to little effect, and then the gas closed on them both. I could see that the guy I was watching only had about 2/3 of a mask left and I guess the one up above had a full one, because basically they both just succumbed to the gas and the one in the air won because his mask held out slightly longer.

I saw similar, though the guy in mine managed to down the chopper (it was close though he only had a sliver of health at the end). Perhaps the gas should be like a slowly enclosing dome, affecting higher altitudes first?

I must admit I've used the chopper ruse a couple of times. It is tempting because you can generally get down to the last couple without too much interference. I do think it will be adjusted in time. Giving the choppers limited fuel would be a simple fix.