rllmuk
Sloth

Call of Duty: Warzone

Played a few more hours today and this is excellent. Came 3rd on BR even though I was left on my own for most of the game - well chuffed.

Plunder is brilliantly designed. There's always a goal or mini goal to achieve and the risk/reward has been beautifully judged. Making that run to the dispatch helicopter to dump the money never gets old. And they create several choke points if you want to lurk and get some easy kills.

It doesn't take long to get into a new game either, and the simple fact you can actually shoot people (rather than just throw snowballs like PUBG) to get some target practice as the game is filling makes a big difference.

I played a bit morePlunder and I like it, but the games are too long. Definitely too long if you consider you’re in there with randoms a lot of the time. 30 mins is a long time to be stuck with an idiot. 

The maps also feel too big a lot of the time. 

Titanfall 2 had a mode like this which was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I played a bit morePlunder and I like it, but the games are too long. Definitely too long if you consider you’re in there with randoms a lot of the time. 30 mins is a long time to be stuck with an idiot. 

The maps also feel too big a lot of the time. 

Titanfall 2 had a mode like this which was brilliant. 

But flip side if you are with 2 buddies with mics all working together, its one of the most fun gaming experiences I had since the Destiny Raids.

Managed 2 x 2nd place finishes, should of been first but we got hit in the last 5 seconds and lost loot.

2 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

But flip side if you are with 2 buddies with mics all working together, its one of the most fun gaming experiences I had since the Destiny Raids.

Managed 2 x 2nd place finishes, should of been first but we got hit in the last 5 seconds and lost loot.

Would it be significantly less fun if the rounds were 10-15 mins shorter, though?

I had a plunder game where it dragged on for ages. It doesn't have a player count so you can't see how many are left. I'm pretty sure most of the lobby left because by the end I was just solo wandering around an empty map with nothing to do. 

I had a Plunder game where we were doing really well - Top 5 during the first half of the match.

Then the two people I was matched with decided to just hang around one extraction point, getting killed repeatedly, and we totally bombed out. Very frustrating.

32 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Would it be significantly less fun if the rounds were 10-15 mins shorter, though?

It would be a lot tougher to get a Million bucks, and harder to hunt down the 3 top earners, and to do all the missions and contracts yes.

14 minutes ago, Soi said:

I had a plunder game where it dragged on for ages. It doesn't have a player count so you can't see how many are left. I'm pretty sure most of the lobby left because by the end I was just solo wandering around an empty map with nothing to do. 

Why not do the contracts?

I solo'd a match and ended with about 500k just doing contracts. Had I done that and actively sort out the top earners I'd of prob been top 5.

2 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Why not do the contracts?

I solo'd a match and ended with about 500k just doing contracts. Had I done that and actively sort out the top earners I'd of prob been top 5.

I think I'd done the ones near me and there were no vehicles near. This was 30 minutes into the game.

What determines where you spawn if you die in Plunder? Sometimes you spawn near where you died. Sometimes you spawn somewhere else. 

The desync is pretty horrible in this.... still loving plunder though.... are there cheats? As in one game someone managed to get $1m inside 10 minutes....

2 minutes ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

The desync is pretty horrible in this.... still loving plunder though.... are there cheats? As in one game someone managed to get $1m inside 10 minutes....

not a cheat as such but the prision is a good place to get to first as there are tons of crates and can give you a good head stsrt in the round 

I do think Plunder is probably 10 minute too long.  And I would not be averse to some sort of circle mechanism to herd the remaining players into a small part of the map towards the end. 

6 minutes ago, McCoy said:

I do think Plunder is probably 10 minute too long.  And I would not be averse to some sort of circle mechanism to herd the remaining players into a small part of the map towards the end. 

I thought it ended when you hit 1 Million bucks. That would of been better.

Or maybe a countdown starts when the person/squad grabs enough to get to 1 Mill, and they can't deposit it, they have to hold it for 4/5 minutes, and if they do that, its Game Over.

Here's a niche as fuck thing: if you get warzone on PS4 and have PS+ you get a free vanity pack thingy. If you also have Warzone/MW on Xbox one, and you've paired you Activision account, you get that vanity pack contents to use there too.

I have created a regiment for Warzone (RLLMUK is taken)

Regiment name - RllmukWarzone

So if anyone wants to join so we don't need to play with randoms.

Not sure if you can request to join or if I need to add you. If you need me to add then just enter your Activision ID in the thread

(Heads up that to get to regiment options you press Y or ∆ on main screen)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Not sure if you can request to join or if I need to add you. If you need me to add then just enter your Activision ID in the thread

Looks like you have to invite, which is a bit fiddly isn't it?

I'm BoggyB

13 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

jbscript#8244152

Up to 5 wins now thanks to this downtime. Last one was probably the best game of BR I’ve ever experienced, great callouts, teamwork and positioning meant we were just rollin’ squads throughout and had the high ground over the final squad in the circle. A squad wipe with a precision air strike is a joyous thing.

2 hours ago, BoggyB said:

Looks like you have to invite, which is a bit fiddly isn't it?

I'm BoggyB

1 hour ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

jbscript#8244152

Sent you guys a request to join. 

19 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

I thought it ended when you hit 1 Million bucks. That would of been better.

Or maybe a countdown starts when the person/squad grabs enough to get to 1 Mill, and they can't deposit it, they have to hold it for 4/5 minutes, and if they do that, its Game Over.

yeah it sort of does work like that...i think anyway - when one team gets 1 million the game goes into a sort of overtime bonus mode for a few mins i think - when that finishes the team with the most cash wins.

I as playing Plunder the other day. I ended up hiding in a storage unit right at the end because of all the choppers. Stuck two proximity mines at the entrance. Guy runs past. BANG. Squad wipe. Second guy runs past and I shoot him. Second squad wipe. This game knows how to make you feel good :)

Played this till 3am last night, great fun. Plunder definitely throws up some hilarious and heroic moments. I got downed by one of the game leaders but managed to crawl behind a vehicle and self-revive just in the nick of time. Took him out with several bullets to the face as I'm getting up off the floor. He must have been pissed. Stole about $200,000 off him too.

I have a daily challenge that I can't seem to complete: "collect a weapon from 6 different games."

Found several weapons in loads of games but they don't seem to register. Do I need to collect a certain weapon, or in a certain way? Anyone know what I need to do?

20 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

HappiestRogue#4833731

@moosegrinder nice, looking forward to that.  Hopefully it’s permanent, what with the constant multiplayer playlist changes. 

Still getting an adrenaline rush after every victory in the Gulag, great addition to BR and spices it up. 

So....have they switched a texture pack or something on PS4....looking miles better on normal multiplayer tonight.

Solo's? 

Yes! That was quick. 

Will be on later if anyone wants a game. Remember to add Activision ID and I can add you to regiment. 

Maybe it's just my pubg training, but shouldn't the footsteps be louder in this?

The sound is off by fucking loads. It's not that they should be louder as such it's that there's not a lot of variance in distance. There's like 3 volumes; near, medium, far away. Same for gunshots.

To be fair, the pubg audio engine is incredible. Best part of that game.