rllmuk
Sloth

Call of Duty: Warzone

Anybody up for a few games today?

7 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Anybody up for a few games today?

Xbox?

I might be able to this evening if you're around. Will struggle through the afternoon I think unless good fortune smiles on me (it won't)

edit - xbox doesn't matter does it, it's cross platform :facepalm:

One thing I noticed recently that has been added is the regiment section. I’m not sure what it is but I’m guessing it’s some sort of clan system. It could be useful for people here looking to play with normal (ish) people instead of randoms. Has anyone set one up yet?

17 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

This game is nigh on impossible to win with randoms with no mic. Its making me rage. 

I've come in third 3 times and 2nd once and I only play solo.  It is possible, and I'm determined to get there :)

Here's a cool little easter egg - if all three of your team have UAVs and activate them at the same time, then you will get an Advanced UAV for short amount of time.

Another interesting theory going around is that if you do enough contracts during a game, then you will activate a nuke.  Here's Shroud giving it his best (a really cool video):

40 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Xbox?

I might be able to this evening if you're around. Will struggle through the afternoon I think unless good fortune smiles on me (it won't)

edit - xbox doesn't matter does it, it's cross platform :facepalm:

Yeah. Feel free to add me. 

RYAN WHITELAW on xbl. 

Seems very very jerky today on XB but might be because I'm on WiFi rather than LAN today (and downloading stuff on my Switch). I've never played a big online game before via WiFi so this might be a common thing rather than a bug. 

Homeplug if necessary, but WiFi should never be used for online gaming these days. It's a dismal experience with so many bloody devices causing interference.

Also, if you didn't quit the game and went back in after suspending it it jerks like a bastard. Or used to, I don't know if they fixed that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AfromB said:

One thing I noticed recently that has been added is the regiment section. I’m not sure what it is but I’m guessing it’s some sort of clan system. It could be useful for people here looking to play with normal (ish) people instead of randoms. Has anyone set one up yet?

Where is this? I can't find it.

I tried making an RLLMUK regiment but that name is taken 

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Homeplug if necessary, but WiFi should never be used for online gaming these days. It's a dismal experience with so many bloody devices causing interference.

Generally for most people using the crap that your ISP provides I'd agree but wifi can work fine if you do it properly.

Just got 89 kills on Shipment and 14655 score.

Second highest scoring player was 7770.

Still, that’s probably shite isn’t it?

• Upvote 1

Managed a win on Plunder with just two of us, me and a random not on coms. And a third on BR playing solo.   Bit tiresome playing with Randos though most of the time.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Where is this? I can't find it.

Dunno,  I can’t find it now either. It was there though honest. 

I always get annoyed with the little green squares!!

Takes me ages to find which weapon has got a new attachment or paint job. :angry:

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Pug said:

I always get annoyed with the little green squares!!

Takes me ages to find which weapon has got a new attachment or paint job. :angry:

There really should be a 'clear all' or 'mark all as seen' button.

• Upvote 2

Just tried Plunder mode for the first time. This is the one that scratches the itch. Loads of fun.

Some cool things you might not have known you can do in Warzone.  I love the dying on purpose while getting run over, self-rezzing and then. killing the driver one :D

I came first and was on my own the majority of the match!  Couldn't believe it. :)

Probs will never repeat the feat but was dead chuffed with myself as I'm not exactly the best gamer.

• Upvote 7

I played a game of plunder but the scoreboard only showed my team mates and I have no idea who won. It just showed how much we had collected at the end. :wacko:

Oh man, so close to my first win earlier. Decent squad of randoms, down to 6 or 7 players in the final circle, including our team of 3, and we blew it! It was a great game though, and made a nice change from all the other ones where I was put in a solo squad, or my teammates got themselves killed right at the drop and immediately left, or they fucked off to the other side of the map, or they didn't bother to rez me, etc. etc.

I do love it though, despite all that. I think the only mode I've enjoyed as much from the main game is Gun Game. Which is obviously slightly ridiculous when this is free (so far).

Have they said anything about their plans for more maps or anything else? I presume they're also going to be monetising the shit out of it even more than they already were too?

I've finally found one of these I'm not terrible at. Mind you it's a bit frustrating when you need to break off from your squad because they won't stop hurling their bodies at the brick wall of a chopper money extract point.

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2019 Screenshot 2020.03.15 - 19.26.15.31.png

Trying to play this now and getting lots of connection issues on Xbox. Anyone else?

13 minutes ago, pledge said:

Trying to play this now and getting lots of connection issues on Xbox. Anyone else?

Yep, seems to be screwed at the moment.