IGNORED

Call of Duty: Warzone

Sloth

Oh man, so close to my first win earlier. Decent squad of randoms, down to 6 or 7 players in the final circle, including our team of 3, and we blew it! It was a great game though, and made a nice change from all the other ones where I was put in a solo squad, or my teammates got themselves killed right at the drop and immediately left, or they fucked off to the other side of the map, or they didn't bother to rez me, etc. etc.

I do love it though, despite all that. I think the only mode I've enjoyed as much from the main game is Gun Game. Which is obviously slightly ridiculous when this is free (so far).

Have they said anything about their plans for more maps or anything else? I presume they're also going to be monetising the shit out of it even more than they already were too?

I've finally found one of these I'm not terrible at. Mind you it's a bit frustrating when you need to break off from your squad because they won't stop hurling their bodies at the brick wall of a chopper money extract point.

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2019 Screenshot 2020.03.15 - 19.26.15.31.png

Played a few more hours today and this is excellent. Came 3rd on BR even though I was left on my own for most of the game - well chuffed.

Plunder is brilliantly designed. There's always a goal or mini goal to achieve and the risk/reward has been beautifully judged. Making that run to the dispatch helicopter to dump the money never gets old. And they create several choke points if you want to lurk and get some easy kills.

It doesn't take long to get into a new game either, and the simple fact you can actually shoot people (rather than just throw snowballs like PUBG) to get some target practice as the game is filling makes a big difference.

I played a bit morePlunder and I like it, but the games are too long. Definitely too long if you consider you’re in there with randoms a lot of the time. 30 mins is a long time to be stuck with an idiot. 

The maps also feel too big a lot of the time. 

Titanfall 2 had a mode like this which was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I played a bit morePlunder and I like it, but the games are too long. Definitely too long if you consider you’re in there with randoms a lot of the time. 30 mins is a long time to be stuck with an idiot. 

The maps also feel too big a lot of the time. 

Titanfall 2 had a mode like this which was brilliant. 

But flip side if you are with 2 buddies with mics all working together, its one of the most fun gaming experiences I had since the Destiny Raids.

Managed 2 x 2nd place finishes, should of been first but we got hit in the last 5 seconds and lost loot.

2 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

But flip side if you are with 2 buddies with mics all working together, its one of the most fun gaming experiences I had since the Destiny Raids.

Managed 2 x 2nd place finishes, should of been first but we got hit in the last 5 seconds and lost loot.

Would it be significantly less fun if the rounds were 10-15 mins shorter, though?

I had a plunder game where it dragged on for ages. It doesn't have a player count so you can't see how many are left. I'm pretty sure most of the lobby left because by the end I was just solo wandering around an empty map with nothing to do. 

32 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Would it be significantly less fun if the rounds were 10-15 mins shorter, though?

It would be a lot tougher to get a Million bucks, and harder to hunt down the 3 top earners, and to do all the missions and contracts yes.

14 minutes ago, Soi said:

I had a plunder game where it dragged on for ages. It doesn't have a player count so you can't see how many are left. I'm pretty sure most of the lobby left because by the end I was just solo wandering around an empty map with nothing to do. 

Why not do the contracts?

I solo'd a match and ended with about 500k just doing contracts. Had I done that and actively sort out the top earners I'd of prob been top 5.

2 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Why not do the contracts?

I solo'd a match and ended with about 500k just doing contracts. Had I done that and actively sort out the top earners I'd of prob been top 5.

I think I'd done the ones near me and there were no vehicles near. This was 30 minutes into the game.

What determines where you spawn if you die in Plunder? Sometimes you spawn near where you died. Sometimes you spawn somewhere else. 

2 minutes ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

The desync is pretty horrible in this.... still loving plunder though.... are there cheats? As in one game someone managed to get $1m inside 10 minutes....

not a cheat as such but the prision is a good place to get to first as there are tons of crates and can give you a good head stsrt in the round 

6 minutes ago, McCoy said:

I do think Plunder is probably 10 minute too long.  And I would not be averse to some sort of circle mechanism to herd the remaining players into a small part of the map towards the end. 

I thought it ended when you hit 1 Million bucks. That would of been better.

Or maybe a countdown starts when the person/squad grabs enough to get to 1 Mill, and they can't deposit it, they have to hold it for 4/5 minutes, and if they do that, its Game Over.

I have created a regiment for Warzone (RLLMUK is taken)

Regiment name - RllmukWarzone

So if anyone wants to join so we don't need to play with randoms.

Not sure if you can request to join or if I need to add you. If you need me to add then just enter your Activision ID in the thread

(Heads up that to get to regiment options you press Y or ∆ on main screen)