rllmuk

Call of Duty: Warzone

Played last night and super impressed - really detailed, super slick, lots of verticality and really nice speed of play. Can go from PUBG creeping around to super sweaty,

They’ve taken all the best bits from all the BR’s - the ping from Apex, the looting from Fortnite and grafted on some great stuff like the Gulag. Very impressed with how they have integrated stuff from the ‘main’ COD game in that you can call in your guns and load outs. Very clever in that it keeps investment in unlocking stuff via non BR gameplay.

The missions and being hunted by another squad add another layer on too too.

Only gripes are the noises when people drop out of the lobby constantly.

• Upvote 3

Plunder is honestly such a great mode, the rage it induces when you steal a squads cash and they parachute back on to you, me and my nephew went on a merry go round with another squad last night, they killed us, we landed back on them, killed them, they landed on us, we killed them again and then we jumped in a jeep and got out of there with all the cash :lol:

• Upvote 3

One gripe last night was the lobby times.

We waited at the main lobby screen for ages then dropped into the pre-launch area for about 3 secs... at least let us shooty manz while waiting.

There's a lot going on with this. The whole gulag thing is impressively bananas. Shoving metal plates down your shirt is pretty odd too. TTK is freaking ages, makes it seem very un-codlike. Almost endless resurrections and redeploys make games seem quite long?  Technically it's pretty choppy too, though beta I guess. A fascinating addition to the genre anyhow.

It does seem to take a lot of the niggles associated with the genre and solve them.  I need more time but on the face of it is a good take on the BR genre.  Plunder sounds even more fun as I am reading about it so will give it a try later. 

I do enjoy PUBG but have drifted away from it lately and really think it could do with incorporating some quality of life improvements to it.  It was first out of the gate but is rapidly being surpassed.  At times PUBG feels like a loot generator rather than a battle game whereas COD you're effectively equipped with the basics after just a small amount of early looting. Doing away with attachments, health really helps streamline games. 

I would like to see some different team options down the line, solos is an obvious one but bigger teams as well would be nice to see. 

Noticed last night that if you've an active bounty and someone else gets the kill you still get the cash monies :)

Oh and the buy stations are campy death traps, beware people!

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Seemingly randomly during the game you will be assigned a target and you can see their realtime movements on the minimap. Killing them gives you a cash reward. If you are being tracked the game notifies you to be on your guard. It’s a really cool idea to give players more to do.

This may not be random, more that a member of your team has activated the mission. Perhaps it is random but it is definitely one of the possible missions you can be given when you activate one. 

I was marked last night and it was quite good fun trying to make my escape. 

Quite impressed so far. Very smooth on X. Getting in games quick.

Just wish I wasn't being matched up with keyboard and mouse players every game. And you need cross play on to play warzone. I'm guessing they will change this. 

1 minute ago, max renn said:

You really don't need crossplay on I had it off all night last night. (PS4)

Maybe it’s an Xbox thing? I turned it off and it wouldn’t let me look for a match until I turned it back on. @Mr Tony said the same earlier too

• Upvote 1

First round, my two buds got taken out in thirty seconds tops, and I managed to hoard and sneak my way to the final circle! Ended up being one of those dickheads doing donuts in a cargo truck while being pelted with lead, jumped out and got behind my tactical shield and prayed for the gas to take them out before I got flank-BAMMM. 

4th place, though. Great fun for someone who's hardly played any BR since the PUBG beta so this feels pretty fresh. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, max renn said:

Noticed last night that if you've an active bounty and someone else gets the kill you still get the cash monies :)

Oh and the buy stations are campy death traps, beware people!

We bought a weapon drop crate, set it up, tooled up, then hid on a hill watching it. Fucked up people who went anywhere near it. 

• Upvote 1

Be nice to team up. The game requires communication like no other BR game. I played with silent randoms for an hour and was a nightmare. They just split off and died. 

Luckily met a cool guy online and teamed up with him for a few games had much more success and a few tense games. 

Not sure how to add cross play players mind you. 

• Upvote 1

Looking to play Plunder tonight for the first time. What happens if you have undeposited cash at the end of the game, does that count towards your team total? Or is only deposited cash? Cheers!

9 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Looking to play Plunder tonight for the first time. What happens if you have undeposited cash at the end of the game, does that count towards your team total? Or is only deposited cash? Cheers!

Counts toward the win. You have the gamble of banking it but risk having it stolen during the deposit phase, or keeping it but risk being hunted.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Counts toward the win. You have the gamble of banking it but risk having it stolen during the deposit phase, or keeping it but risk being hunted.

Thanks Mr Tony, appreciated! :)

Had a day off and had a great few sessions with @KriessG think this is the most streamlined BR. 

such great fun with a party and utterly superb addition to the genre. 

highlight of the day was sniping a headshot with the Kar98 on some chopper riding chap. He fell for miles and bet had some choice words in the gulag. 

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Maybe it’s an Xbox thing? I turned it off and it wouldn’t let me look for a match until I turned it back on. @Mr Tony said the same earlier too

Just to add my voice to it yeah it won't let me leave it off on Xbox. 

2 hours ago, Dave White said:

Had a day off and had a great few sessions with @KriessG think this is the most streamlined BR. 

such great fun with a party and utterly superb addition to the genre. 

highlight of the day was sniping a headshot with the Kar98 on some chopper riding chap. He fell for miles and bet had some choice words in the gulag. 

Genuine :lol: at that

Went in solo and came out on the chopper solo! Yes!!! Warzone victory.

After some early kills played the gas PUBG Style and smoked four players on the final circle. Shaking.

playing the circle really works in this as it’s really punishing in seconds.

Had some great games of plunder too but the games/score  always seem to go bananas after the half way stage.

78F57F9F-7A59-4C3A-B59C-A00399647AF0.gif

• Upvote 1

Nice dude. Me and the boys got a victory yesterday also. It was 2vs2 in the final circle. My man goes down, Skittles jumps out of the trenches and launches a precision airstrike. Boom! Victory.

Had great fun defending the prison with a helicopter.  Quality game mode. 

However I do feel the calling of your personalised load out is super OP and kind of boring.  Hardly any point in looting and looking for good guns now.

• Upvote 1

Turns out you can win outside of the circle. Two people go into the gas at slightly different times then alternate reviving each other. Even at the end you can revive a team mate before the gas kills you. 

Played three games of Plunder with two friends. Utterly superb. I can see however why this would not be as good with randoms as sticking together and communication is key. Just love the way you are always on edge. Do we risk going to a buy station and buying a balloon to deposit cash or do we keep moving and remain out of sight. Found it very addictive. Hopefully another map down the line if this proves successful.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, grindmouse said:

The double xp thing on at the moment where it shows xp progressing twice seems to confirm that last season’s final double xp weekend was not registering for me at all. Annoying.

I think they maybe changed that just to make it more obvious? Or else it was broke for me too before!

(Last week I popped a 30 mins double XP token, which managed to manifest as 30 minutes of ZERO XP. LOL)