Call of Duty: Warzone

58 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I like changing skins and using blueprint weapons. I did have a slight buyers remorse after buying the battle pass because I thought "I'm never going to use this shit." Fucking FOMO.

I never normally buy this sort of cosmetic crap but it's nice having a few different skins to choose from etc., and also if you're playing regularly then when you buy one BP you get future ones for 'free' anyway, because you'll earn enough CP to buy the next one each time. I figured, for the amount I'm playing, £7 or whatever it cost me was decent enough value.

I don't really get how they sell any of the individual packs though, besides the general principle of fools and their money! Some of the prices, for what you get, seem completely incredible to me. To think what people said when horse armour kicked all of the nonsense off, back in the day.

9 minutes ago, hmm said:

I never normally buy this sort of cosmetic crap but it's nice having a few different skins to choose from etc., and also if you're playing regularly then when you buy one BP you get future ones for 'free' anyway, because you'll earn enough CP to buy the next one each time. I figured, for the amount I'm playing, £7 or whatever it cost me was decent enough value.

I don't really get how they sell any of the individual packs though, besides the general principle of fools and their money! Some of the prices, for what you get, seem completely incredible to me. To think what people said when horse armour kicked all of the nonsense off, back in the day.

I needed pink guns :blush:

100 rounds down and 1 win. I was waaaay better at Apex.

I wish they made top 10 placements a bit easier to see in the records so I'd feel a bit better about the whole thing.

I've only seen one I could say for certain was hacking. The killcam showed him looking at a crate, spinning 180, looking straight up and wiping me out before I'd deployed the parachute...

There are other times when I've wondered, but that's just online gaming in general. On PC at least.

I encountered one the other night. I was doing really well and I went into a building and got obliterated in a split second. I specced him for a while and it was painfully obvious that he was aimbotting, when someone came near him he'd just lock on, even on the other side of a wall. He was hitting people that literally weren't even visible on screen. Another player killed him not long after because an aimbot can't even help you if you move into a bad position. 

I don't think they're necessarily trying to annoy people, more it's that "win at all costs" mindset. I tend to assume there's something a little bit wrong with them.

I ha e played a handful of games the last couple of days and within the opening 2-10 minutes I'm getting a constant barrage of "Enemy radar in the air" 

This can go on basically the whole match. 

There's no way people can have that many UAV's that early and continue to spam them. 

Is this a bug? Cheaters?

It plays the personal radar voice whenever someone launches a recon drone (no matter how far away, supposedly), but it still seems to play far too much.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Does anyone play this on xbox? Sick of playing with randoms

Yeah I do mate, whats your gamertag?

• 3 weeks later...

I played it on my Xbox and I was ok. Can get a few wins and about average, which is good for me as I have double vision. 

I sold my Xbox X to help fund series X and have tried playing it on PS4 and I'm unbelievably shit due to one thing, the controller. I just can't use the thing for FPS games. Hate the controller in general.

Most days I'm absolutely shat...and the odd day I'm shit hot. The only problem when that happens is I always end the session early, frightened that'll I turn useless again. :lol:

15 hours ago, carlospie said:

I'm so unbelievably shit at this, I love and hate the game in equal measures 

You're not that bad! We did get 3rd last night.

Granted, we didn't fucking deserve it one bit after fucking about in cars on the lake, but it was still 3rd!

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Is this worth a go on PC? I'm guessing the fact the thread hasn't been posted in since July suggests not, but I fancy giving a new FPS a go but feel I've missed the boat on stuff like Apex Legends. 

It's still very active it's just not really worth gushing about. It's very, very good but I guess the next time it'll get discussed will be with  any massive changes that happen with Black Ops.

I'd say absolutely give it a go. If you can get one other for Apex you should try that too as there's no solo mode and fuck playing with randoms.

I'm completely addicted to it. I love it and hate it in equal measure. If you like COD/Battle Royale games then you definitely need to give it a go. 

I wouldn't recommend solos. I find it too tense/boring/campy. Duos, trios and quads are all excellent.

25 minutes ago, Sng said:

I'm completely addicted to it. I love it and hate it in equal measure. If you like COD/Battle Royale games then you definitely need to give it a go. 

I wouldn't recommend solos. I find it too tense/boring/campy. Duos, trios and quads are all excellent.

Agreed. I don't like the Gulag aspect though. Mostly because I'm terrible at it but also because it just makes a kill seem less worthwhile when you know there is a 50% chance they will be back. Indeed, I'd be tempted to take out entirely the respawning measure (including reviving team mates with cash). 

Basically I'd really like something which is not so terribly serious as PubG but not quite as casual as Warzone. I still find the original PUBG maps such as Erangel and Miramar to be much more interesting locations for a battle royale setting than Warzone which is basically just mega cluttered with buildings everywhere.