Jump to content
rllmuk
Sloth

Call of Duty: Warzone

Recommended Posts

I'm currently rocking a disgusting loadout on my PKM that I can't remember at the moment. It's a little bit Lazer Beam at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PKM got a bit of a nerf to the accuracy early on, but it's still beastly. Marley13 has a video of him hipfiring it, and melting people.

 

In other news on PC, there's a major problem with battlenet which is still ongoing. I mentioned last night that it decided I should download a 170 gig patch, and after a bit of googling I found that you can get it to repair the installation and check the existing files. I ran that and now I only have to download a mere 150 gigs. The problem is that it disconnects after about 30 seconds and is ridiculously slow. I can't open the game because it's not updated and I can't update it. I'm hoping they sort it soon, but it does seem totally ridiculous for a franchise as big as this not to have this sort of stuff nailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, U2031 said:

The PKM got a bit of a nerf to the accuracy early on, but it's still beastly. Marley13 has a video of him hipfiring it, and melting people.

 

In other news on PC, there's a major problem with battlenet which is still ongoing. I mentioned last night that it decided I should download a 170 gig patch, and after a bit of googling I found that you can get it to repair the installation and check the existing files. I ran that and now I only have to download a mere 150 gigs. The problem is that it disconnects after about 30 seconds and is ridiculously slow. I can't open the game because it's not updated and I can't update it. I'm hoping they sort it soon, but it does seem totally ridiculous for a franchise as big as this not to have this sort of stuff nailed.

I changed the region to americas and the download worked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flipped it over to us last night and it didn't seem to do anything so I switched it back, but later on it seemed to be downloading. Obviously instead of leaving my computer on over night I turned it off when I went to bed, so hopefully I'll be back in action later today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, U2031 said:

I flipped it over to us last night and it didn't seem to do anything so I switched it back, but later on it seemed to be downloading. Obviously instead of leaving my computer on over night I turned it off when I went to bed, so hopefully I'll be back in action later today. 

 

And now it's just deleted 100 gigs which I've been having to download in tiny chunks. I'm out till this is sorted, what a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....it looks like Modern Warfare 2 Campain Remaster is out tomorrow.

 

Haven't seen anything that says you need to pay for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Its £25ish.

I heard. I am hoping it is a segway into proper spe ops somewhere down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a quick game before breakfast this morning and bagged my first BR solo victory! I've had a few second or third places, which obviously were quite frustrating, and it felt great to finally pull off a win.

 

It was a pretty epic final few minutes as well, up in the forest behind the quarry area. I only had 2 kills prior to that point, I think, but then had to take out 5 of the final 10 or so. A couple of sneaky longshots thinned the crowd, then as it went down to the final 3 I dropped an airstrike in the rough vicinity of where I'd heard someone sniping, a little further up the hill, and then spotted the other remaining enemy. Just as I was shooting him, the notification came in for the airstrike taking out the sniper, and victory was finally mine.

 

Love this game.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, hmm said:

Had a quick game before breakfast this morning and bagged my first BR solo victory! I've had a few second or third places, which obviously were quite frustrating, and it felt great to finally pull off a win.

 

It was a pretty epic final few minutes as well, up in the forest behind the quarry area. I only had 2 kills prior to that point, I think, but then had to take out 5 of the final 10 or so. A couple of sneaky longshots thinned the crowd, then as it went down to the final 3 I dropped an airstrike in the rough vicinity of where I'd heard someone sniping, a little further up the hill, and then stopped the other remaining enemy. Just as I was shooting him, the notification came in for the airstrike taking out the sniper, and victory was finally mine.

 

Love this game.

Good work. I've now had 5 second place finishes on Solos. Need to get the monkey off my back.

 

Is it just me or is the quality of opponent weaker in the morning/lunchtime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three 3rds for me on solo's and a team win on Plunder.  With this and the base game it is by far the best COD in years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's odd that the sound in the main MP game seems to be really good, with footsteps and that being quite easy to pick out directionally. It's all over the place in warzone though. Players above and below sound like they're on the same floor as you and parachutes are either really obviously loud or completely silent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched what I suspect is the worst possible ending to a BR game the other day, after dying somewhere in the last 10 or so. There had been several people just mindlessly driving around in trucks as the game reached its conclusion, including the guy I was now watching. It got down to just him and one other, after he finally abandoned his truck, and it turned out that this final enemy was in a helicopter overhead. It also turned out that they had no intention of leaving it. The final circle started closing down to nothing, the guy on foot desperately fired a few clips at the helicopter to little effect, and then the gas closed on them both. I could see that the guy I was watching only had about 2/3 of a mask left and I guess the one up above had a full one, because basically they both just succumbed to the gas and the one in the air won because his mask held out slightly longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hmm said:

I watched what I suspect is the worst possible ending to a BR game the other day, after dying somewhere in the last 10 or so. There had been several people just mindlessly driving around in trucks as the game reached its conclusion, including the guy I was now watching. It got down to just him and one other, after he finally abandoned his truck, and it turned out that this final enemy was in a helicopter overhead. It also turned out that they had no intention of leaving it. The final circle started closing down to nothing, the guy on foot desperately fired a few clips at the helicopter to little effect, and then the gas closed on them both. I could see that the guy I was watching only had about 2/3 of a mask left and I guess the one up above had a full one, because basically they both just succumbed to the gas and the one in the air won because his mask held out slightly longer.

 

I saw similar, though the guy in mine managed to down the chopper (it was close though he only had a sliver of health at the end). Perhaps the gas should be like a slowly enclosing dome, affecting higher altitudes first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit I've used the chopper ruse a couple of times. It is tempting because you can generally get down to the last couple without too much interference. I do think it will be adjusted in time. Giving the choppers limited fuel would be a simple fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

 

Where did you parachute in from? and how did you only have a pistol, did you do the Gulag cutscene glitch?

There was a buy point in the final circle, two of us dead, team mate bought us back in and we just parachuted right away so everyone else would take out each other whilst we floated down. Team mate died but then it was just us two left slowly falling down and the other team of two below.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mawdlin said:

I must admit I've used the chopper ruse a couple of times. It is tempting because you can generally get down to the last couple without too much interference. I do think it will be adjusted in time. Giving the choppers limited fuel would be a simple fix.

 

I got and emblem for 15 minutes in a vehicle daily just by circling the edge of the circle in a chopper. I thought it was a bit daft they don't have a limited lifespan

 

 

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

Me and a team make managed to get a win by parachuting in at the last second and then I punch them both to death. 
 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/sack-man-64/video/92158247


 


      

 

Melee is way overpowered in this. Two hit kill when I'm shooting them  with a pistol? Nah, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pal dropped out before the gas started closing in on the first circle, I had a pistol at that point because I was on the phone, I scrabbled around, picked up a green m4, found a loadout drop, killed a squad near it, got in a truck, drove fully across the map from bottom left to top right, took the highest ground possible round the quarry, and won with 8 kills as a solo on squads. 
 

Dropped from above onto the last trio and killed them all for the dub.

9D3D2D56-DDDE-44FB-8392-267C7889498C.jpeg

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, this is actually the best game that's been released for such a long time and it's free.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hmm said:

and it turned out that this final enemy was in a helicopter overhead. It also turned out that they had no intention of leaving it.


had one my most satisfying wins like this, no masks though. Two guys in a chopper. Finally they came down to the ground, I got one in the back as he jumped out, the pilot also jumped out but stepped backward onto the claymore I’d set in the circle. :) On my feed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to do something about peeps in the final circles just driving round In trucks and jeeps - several games now my squad has got down to the top ten only to be driven over as the final circles are open ground with very little cover etc... a kill switch for the last couple circles would be good to stop all vehicles would be good 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, papalazarou said:

They need to do something about peeps in the final circles just driving round In trucks and jeeps - several games now my squad has got down to the top ten only to be driven over as the final circles are open ground with very little cover etc... a kill switch for the last couple circles would be good to stop all vehicles would be good 

 

Make sure one of you keeps a claymore or bouncing betty and bait them towards you :D

 

That...or a rocket launcher or C4.  Easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always take an RPG , job done. Got my second squad win yestersay, it hits a sweet spot for me I thought I'd had enough of BR in general but i'm enjoying this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.