Motorsport Manager - iOS, Android, PC, Switch

Wallace

We have a Switch in the house but it's about to become a dedicated Animal Crossing machine, to the point where I genuinely might buy a second console in case I might want to play anything else.

I've sort of swithered about whether or not to buy MM3 on Switch before - I keep nearly doing it, but I don't love the idea of losing all my progress etc.

Should probably do it anyway to send a message with my wallet that I'd rather pay once and own, rather than endure F2P mechanics. I've previously paid for the Steam version of MM, the Android version of MM2 and the iOS version of MM3 so it's not like I'm averse to spending out on this franchise - but I'm very loath to spend money on consumable IAPs (as distinct from DLC that persists, eg extra songs for music games, cars and tracks in racing games etc).

55 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

We have a Switch in the house but it's about to become a dedicated Animal Crossing machine, to the point where I genuinely might buy a second console in case I might want to play anything else.

I've sort of swithered about whether or not to buy MM3 on Switch before - I keep nearly doing it, but I don't love the idea of losing all my progress etc.

Should probably do it anyway to send a message with my wallet that I'd rather pay once and own, rather than endure F2P mechanics. I've previously paid for the Steam version of MM, the Android version of MM2 and the iOS version of MM3 so it's not like I'm averse to spending out on this franchise - but I'm very loath to spend money on consumable IAPs (as distinct from DLC that persists, eg extra songs for music games, cars and tracks in racing games etc).

It's a series I love. Bought every version includig the original on iOS, own them all on Android and love the PC version. 

I remember the original, it came out when me and my Wife started dating. I used to get a 45 minute bus to see her every day and another home. Motorsport Manager kept me happy on those journeys.

2 minutes ago, RJ Badman said:

As someone who always likes the idea of manager sims but is massively intimidated by all the massive stat screens on the Football Manager games, would I be alright with this?

Yes. MM3 is incredibly simple to get into.

19 hours ago, RJ Badman said:

As someone who always likes the idea of manager sims but is massively intimidated by all the massive stat screens on the Football Manager games, would I be alright with this?

You would probably love MM3 mobile.  MM (Computer) would be probably a little beyond you.  Obviously avoid the new PTW monstrosity like a plague now beenabadbunny has confirmed it's exactly the trashpile I feared.

• 10 months later...

I've moved over to the PC release after hammering MM3 on iOS and Switch - I found them too easy, and the races too short (too few opportunities to mix up the tactics!), but I still keep playing them because it's kinda satisfying and there are no other decent racing management games to play (I did dip into MMO, got up to the higher ranks, then stopped because it turned into a grind). 

I may have bitten off more than I can chew, turned up the difficulty and picked the 'hardest' team from the beginning - I'm yet to finish a race higher than 17th. I did have a couple of races where I would have have grabbed 14th, but didn't realise the game was telling me the incorrect number of remaining laps when doing a pit stop - I need to add 1 to whatever it tells me, otherwise, strangely enough, I run out of fuel on the last lap! :rolleyes:

Picking up 'cheap' designers etc who are out of contract doesn't seem to work, as they're all extremely insulted I'm not trying to offer them a huge cash incentive - I can't, they're not in a contract, and the boxes are greyed out. This seems a silly bug that should have been ironed out years ago, I guess it never will be now. 

• 7 months later...

I’ve just got back into the PC version, absolutely loving it.

@The Bag - Do you still work there? I know it’s very unlikely, but is there any chance of the Mac OS Steam version being updated to 64 bit? You can’t run it on latest MacOS which is a shame since it’s only 5 years old.

23 minutes ago, T Pot said:

I’ve just got back into the PC version, absolutely loving it.

@The Bag - Do you still work there? I know it’s very unlikely, but is there any chance of the Mac OS Steam version being updated to 64 bit? You can’t run it on latest MacOS which is a shame since it’s only 5 years old.

I do.  From what I understand it should be 64 bit, but obviously not (thanks Unity) if it’s not running.  I’ll talk to people about it, currently I’m on holiday.

21 minutes ago, The Bag said:

I do.  From what I understand it should be 64 bit, but obviously not (thanks Unity) if it’s not running.  I’ll talk to people about it, currently I’m on holiday.

Thanks mate, no rush. Enjoy your holiday.

This is the screen I'm seeing on Steam:

1771669649_Screenshot2021-10-07at10_19_54.thumb.png.8fc5cdb48b6370e1fdadeada81b258c0.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2021 at 11:34, SMD said:

Love this game, caned it on mobile and got it last year on Steam. PC Version is rock solid.

Yep me too. I'm playing the PC version at the moment but having to do it on low graphics mode on my old system. Hoping the team can fix the mac version so I can run it on my Macbook Pro with shiny 3d graphics.