IGNORED

PlayStation Plus for Mar 2020

mdn2

Just to point out you don't have to kill the monsters in SOTC to explore a pretty unique landscape.

Friend of mine back in the day tried it out and rather than killing the first giant went off and explored and found some amazing chalky cliffs I didn't know existed despite playing the entire game through by that point.

I suppose you could just explore the landscape looking for white-tailed lizards which increases your

Spoiler

stamina meter

and then try and climb to the top of the starting temple where there is a

Spoiler

secret garden.

But that requires murdering innocent little lizards, so um...

I murdered everything in my path.

And I did it all for

Spoiler

love.

And

Spoiler

The voice in my head telling me to.

And

Spoiler

The game cost me £40 and I wanted to get my money's worth.

And

Spoiler

It's a video game and not real.

4 hours ago, AI1 said:

I murdered everything in my path.

And I did it all for

Hide contents

love.

And

Hide contents

The voice in my head telling me to.

And

Hide contents

The game cost me £40 and I wanted to get my money's worth.

And

Hide contents

It's a video game and not real.

so you would do

Spoiler

Anything for love

and

Spoiler

You WOULD do that? Meatloaf would be proud.

19 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

I think the game affected you in the way it intended, funnily enough. 

I imagine so, which would have worked out better for them if it hadn't been a free rental from Blockbuster. :P

Just last month I finally unlocked all the bonus artwork in SOTC, on the Japanese version that I purchased on release. That version doesn't have any english subtitle translations for the Dormin stuff, or the priest talking.

So I kind of want to replace my currently installed game with the Euro version from PS Plus. If I uninstall will I lose my fully completed save from the J-version? It may sound paranoid but that's what happened with uninstalling games on the Vita.

2 hours ago, Darwock said:

Just last month I finally unlocked all the bonus artwork in SOTC, on the Japanese version that I purchased on release. That version doesn't have any english subtitle translations for the Dormin stuff, or the priest talking.

So I kind of want to replace my currently installed game with the Euro version from PS Plus. If I uninstall will I lose my fully completed save from the J-version? It may sound paranoid but that's what happened with uninstalling games on the Vita.

No. Saves are kept separately.

I bought the PS2 SOTC on release and encountered a game-breaking, progress-halting bug after killing the second last beastie. It was enough to even put me off playing the third game in the series, and I LOVED Ico. So not sure how I feel about this. I'll give it a go I suppose.

Like everyone else I was pleased with this month's selection having recently bought a month of plus to buy some games in a sale. Just completed Sonic Forces. I've had a soft spot for 3d Sonic games ever since Adventure but this is clearly one of the lesser ones even by the standards of the series. Lost World on Wii U got panned, but at least it tried something different. This is just a phoned in inferior repeat of Generations.

Anyway, the gameplay is as deep as a puddle, the cutscenes are aimed at kids so whatever, has a super lame theme song so that's a plus. The end boss was quite tedious and annoying.

Not sure whether I'll play Shadow of the Colossus, played it on ps2 back in the day and I like the setting and atmosphere a whole lot more than the gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Looks like next month might be Uncharted 4 and Dirt Rally 2.0. 

Basically, stop buying Sony games because they'll be on PSPlus eventually. 

Or get the physical versions cheap and then get a "free" digital upgrade at a later point.  I've been temped to get the digital version of Uncharted for a while but held on with the disk.