IGNORED

Jurassic World: Dominion (Jurassic World 3)

JohnC

May as well start a thread as it's now got a name. And as mentioned in the JW2 thread, Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum are back, along with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. Colin Trevorrow back directing, with shooting started yesterday. Currently set for release on 11 June 2021.

Colin Trevorrow is like the Tony Blair of Hollywood. Fallen Kingdom was even worse than Jurassic World, which its 1.6 billion gross was because a couple of generations hadn't had a new dinosaur film they could watch on the big screen, but the assumption will be he's uniquely positioned to understand dinosaurs like no one else rather than being lucky to be anywhere near a film set, being so average you imagine how even Ron Howard would improve on his mess. 

Maybe someone other than a child will script this one and Goldblum's glow will mesmerise everyone enough we don't notice the million poor decisions. 

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He didn't direct Fallen Kingdom.

Yeah I know. You could see some of the visual flair of Bayona in the bedroom scene. The Orphanage is one of my favourite films, so it's a shame he was swamped in stupidity for his dinosaur film. 

I am also aware Colin Trevorrow has a hand in writing these films along with writers who wrote Pacific Rim: Uprising, Kong Skull Island, Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, Monster Trucks so hoping 'someone other than a child will script this one' is calling Trevorrow a child, not somehow lacking access to imdb and not knowing who wrote and directed what. 

I also realise I've gone past the point of giving an opinion to being weirdly aggressive about a film and its director, so no, Colin Trevorrow didn't kill my dog. 

I liked the first Jurassic World until a rewatch when it came across as a little nasty in places. Did the woman from Supergirl do anything so heinous as to be killed in that way? That's the sort of death you give to your main antagonist.

Fallen Kingdom was fine till the very end  spoilers just in case anyone still cares.

when everyone just accepted that the girl decided to murder a bunch of people by releasing dinosaurs into the world.

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

I liked the first Jurassic World until a rewatch when it came across as a little nasty in places. Did the woman from Supergirl do anything so heinous as to be killed in that way? That's the sort of death you give to your main antagonist.

I believe it's because she wasn't particularly nurturing and caring for children as society demands.

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

Fallen Kingdom was fine till the very end  spoilers just in case anyone still cares.

Reveal hidden contents

when everyone just accepted that the girl decided to murder a bunch of people by releasing dinosaurs into the world.

I don't admittedly have any idea whether this is true or not but I'd heard that the writer's ex girlfriend had the same name and likeness to that lady who got the most gratuitous and over the top death in the whole film. It is so excessive that it sounds possible at least. 

15 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

How many times are they going to try and open this park?

Twice?

Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. I guess the smaller, more contained amphitheatre they try to build in The Lost World might count but it certainly isn't on the scale of the parks. So in answer to your question, it's twice out of the 6 films.

Yes I am great fun at parties 

Why don't they introduce time-travel or something to spice it up a bit?

Cast:

Sam Neill - Homer

Laura Dern - Marge

Jeff Goldblum - Bart

Bryce Dallas Howard - Lisa

Chris Pratt - Maggie

Everything else: CGI

• 3 months later...

They're bringing back another character from the original. I'm not sure he was named in the original movie, but he's Lewis Dodgson, the guy who gave Nedry the fake shaving foam can. What was not detailed in the movie, but was in the original book, he was head of product development for an InGen rival, BioSyn. By the time of Dominion, he's been promoted to CEO.

On 26/02/2020 at 09:39, Gambit said:

Isn't the point really to show how bad the situation is. Anyone can get fucked up by the dinosaurs, not just "bad guys".

That is what the acclaimed creator of The Book of Henry tried to fall back on after criticism, although I think you’d have to be pretty naive to buy that. See also his tortured explanation that Bryce Dallas Howard running in stilettos was actually an empowering feminist statement.

His ‘Bridezilla’ comments didn’t help either.

7 hours ago, Treble said:

CreativeCautiousErin-small.gif.d3e118ab3b4f92d12aa9e14691a7313c.gif

"Dodgson! We've got Dodgson here!

See? Nobody cares"

Yeah. They totally walked into that one. :lol:

Interestingly, the way Ludlow, the bag guy, dies in the lost world movie (t-rex biting his leg and letting the baby eat him) is how Dodgson dies in the lost world book.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...