The Greatest Game Title Music you never knew existed (possibly).

They amazing thing about that Buck Bumble tune is while it is, without question, a tune, the entirety of what elevates it above equitable noodles is simply the way the guy pronounces ‘Bumble’. 

It’s quite magnificent.

On 18/02/2020 at 13:10, robdood said:

Nothing alike, but my god, I used to think this music was AMAZING when I was 13. 

How many times did you play air guitar to this baby? I’m assuming a lot.

On 18/02/2020 at 13:10, robdood said:

Nothing alike, but my god, I used to think this music was AMAZING when I was 13. 

Snes was weird. You either got rubbish conversions of amiga or megadrive tunes, flaky rubbish that used the same samples as all the other flaky music or absolute bangers like this.  Fest or famine. Snes music was either average or completely outstanding.

I mean  how? Just how did they make this ?

15 hours ago, dumpster said:

Snes was weird. You either got rubbish conversions of amiga or megadrive tunes, flaky rubbish that used the same samples as all the other flaky music or absolute bangers like this.  Fest or famine. Snes music was either average or completely outstanding.

The SNES sound chip generated audio using audio samples, which was both its strength and its weakness. It had a dull standard sound library with a characteristic SNES slap bass sound, but skilled composers could do amazing things with it. I've read that Yuzo Koshiro hated working with the SNES sound chip, though.

I'd argue that the hit-to-miss ratio was more extreme on the Mega Drive. The problem with the SNES is that it had a lot more bland soundtracks.

On 17/02/2020 at 17:10, dizogg said:

Right I’ve got another one. Basically this is the worlds first grime instrumental. A 90s Wolverine game invented grime:

When are we getting the version with you and @Muorali on it?

On 20/02/2020 at 16:04, RYAN WHITELAW said:

The music for PlayStation demo discs were amazing.

Hard to find samples of the best ones though.

The lite D&B of this one was a favourite of mine. Very 90s. :D 

Deadly Premonition is often unfairly criticised for its inappropriate music because of the over use of the Life is Beautiful theme.  But it has a few absolute crackerz.

First the soft, beautiful music 

Then two bangers

And

I realise this thread is pretty young, but thanks to the Bumble, Wolverine, Pictonary and Bomberman bits, I think it may be one of my absolute favourites. Amazing stuff. 

On 18/02/2020 at 09:24, b00dles said:

That pictionary tune is amazing, you'd never assume it was that. 

I know this is very lazy but does anyone know if there are any albums/ collections of retro video game music? I know I can record a load off YouTube using various apps and that but I thought I'd ask. 

I haven't got spotify in case anyone is about to recommend some playlists. 

Using Google invariably brings up covers or more recent albums but I'm more interested in bonkers synths and chip tunes. I backed the kickstarter for the last ninja remixes which include lots of other c64 tunes and it's great so albums of stuff like that or the ones in this page would be very welcome. 

Kingdom Hearts Insider has videogame music. I just checked whether it had Pictionary, thinking it wouldn't, but it does. It seems to have everything. 

• 3 weeks later...