rllmuk
bplus

Pc games I might like?

I ve just got my self a graphics for my pc. It's an gtx 1660 super. I've got an i7 from 2017 and 16 gig of ram. A good gigabyte motherboard too.

I haven't played pc games in years. 

My favourite games on the pc where unreal tournament, quake three, Deus ex.

Can anyone recommend me some games ? I've bought Deus ex mankind divided so far.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

If you’re into shooters then Escape From Tarkov is the current king on PC. Steep learning curve but it is like nothing else.

• Upvote 2

Doom (2016) might fill the Unreal/Quake-shaped gap in your life, but you might want to wait since Doom Eternal is just over a month away...

• Upvote 1

Devil Daggers. It's a lot like the games you've mentioned and is like 5 quid.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Qazimod said:

Doom (2016) might fill the Unreal/Quake-shaped gap in your life, but you might want to wait since Doom Eternal is just over a month away...

or you can pick it up for a few quid and get right on it in time for Doom Eternal, and it'll run like shit off a shovel on a 1660ti.

In terms of arena shooters, you can take a look at Splitgate or Warfork, if you're not inclined to keep playing UT or Quake, which still has surprisingly strong communities. Destiny 2 is also free to play on PC, and is the best version out there.

If you liked the choice and dialogue in Deus Ex more than the shooting, there's always more RPG options like Disco Elysium or Underrail.

Do you have any budget? Any games or genres you enjoy playing elsewhere? The current PC scene is an embarrassment of riches.

Oh, and give risk of rain 2 a blast. Proper good.

• Upvote 3

If you want games that are PC only I would recommend the strategy games made by Paradox, as they offer something you cant get on consoles.  

Outer Wilds, The Signal from Tolva, GTFO, Black Mesa, Deus Ex HR (& MD which you have), Firewatch, Inside, Kentucky Route Zero, Prey (if you like Deus Ex you'll love this), PUBG, Metro Exodus, SOMA, Wolfenstein (take your pick of the new ones), Witcher 3, What Remains of Edith Finch, Control, Knights and Bikes, Division 2 (only $3 atm which is crazy value even to just play through to the endgame) and Observation to name but a very varied few.

• Upvote 2

Start by making an Epic Games account, setting a reminder for 4pm every Thursday, and claim the free game every week.

Also look into Game Pass PC, which is £3.99/mth while it’s in beta, and is an embarrassment of riches.

You might like Metro Exodus (which is on Game Pass):

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bplus said:

I ve just got my self a graphics for my pc. It's an gtx 1660 super. I've got an i7 from 2017 and 16 gig of ram. A good gigabyte motherboard too.

I haven't played pc games in years. 

My favourite games on the pc where unreal tournament, quake three, Deus ex.

Can anyone recommend me some games ? I've bought Deus ex mankind divided so far.

Cheers!

If you enjoyed Quake 3, Quake Live is still a thing. And Quake Champions, if that's your thing.

• Upvote 2

It won't remotely stretch your GPU, but Noita is more addictive than crack.

I love Q3A but went off Quake Champions pretty quickly, the character classes are kind of a mess and the art is very, um, inconsistent to put it charitably. I had a lot more fun with Apex Legends last year.

If I had a ninja PC the first things I'd probably be checking out would be Metro Exodus and Control.

• Upvote 1

Another vote for Gamepass PC! there will be something you want to play! also, here is everything currently on it!

Spoiler

gamepasspc1.thumb.JPG.a93d5006a40dd7023552793bef2dcaad.JPGgamepasspc2.thumb.JPG.03a1154cf94565a78db8929ff707d581.JPGgamepasspc3.thumb.JPG.3b7b62c3d4694dc7235e6669a2200974.JPGgamepasspc4.thumb.JPG.9c7e155d4eacafdc3ad4566bf012e281.JPGgamepasspc5.thumb.JPG.d95e8dd1c5eacf548b1b5fa9b4fa5d8e.JPGgamepasspc6.thumb.JPG.93dfe918fdbc5ffc4f34dd4d00ac4b40.JPGgamepasspc7.thumb.JPG.91dbe7c0ef7999b648b662474a217d1e.JPGgamepasspc8.thumb.JPG.d8cef5463315da4769f3f6cf163c6f82.JPG

• Upvote 3

Thanks for all responses.

I had deus ex mankind divided on PS4, never played it much. Got it now on pc, really prefer playing it on mouse and keyboard like the pc original. Plus ultra settings look good :)

• Upvote 2

On 15/02/2020 at 10:24, vezna said:

If you’re into shooters then Escape From Tarkov is the current king on PC. Steep learning curve but it is like nothing else.

This

Cities Skylines is one of my favourites, even if you only play it for a few nights running, it's the best Sim City you can play. 

I also recommend Islanders, which is a weird little puzzle / scoring game that initially looks like a city builder, but isn't, really. 

Also, Oxygen Not Included is helladdictive. Weird procedurally generated colony simulator thing. Very cool if it sinks its hooks! 

• Upvote 1

Loved a bit of Islanders during Christmas. It's got a lot more in common with something like Tetris or boardgames like Carcassonne with scoring points via placing things in a particular order, but it's so pretty to look at and a very calming soundscape to it all.

Also, in addition to services like XBox Game Pass (which is very good by the way, especially if you also have an X-Box to take full advantage of the tier that gives you XBL Gold and game pass on console), you could have a look into the Humble Monthly and Twitch (Amazon) Prime services that provide games for a monthly fee. Likewise, you can't say no to free games on Epic's service.

Try and find a website that keeps you updated on current bundle deals, as well. Fanatical, which are now very close to what Humble Bundle was like during the 'good old days' of 2008 or so, are currently offering two bundles which are really good value - one includes the previously mentioned Devil Daggers and 7 other games for a crisp £2, and another has The Surge, King Of Fighters XIV and the incredible Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap for just £4.

pubg lite, its free and a lot easier than full blown pubg... its designed for lower spec machines so it looks a bit arse, but its the same game...

• Upvote 1

Just now, 5R7 said:

kingdom come is free on epic right now!

Epic are currently knocking it out of the park with their freebies! 

13 minutes ago, Profgoten said:

Epic are currently knocking it out of the park with their freebies! 

shame about the "store"...and bizarre updates of games...and it in general lol

49 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

shame about the "store"...and bizarre updates of games...and it in general lol

I have literally only used the store for the free games lol, the complete Batman series was awesome! :D Alan Wake was a nice addition too