rllmuk
Mr Tony

Formula One - 2020

Nice little preview for the new season, going over the driver line-ups, engineer moves and how each team is looking going into the first race:

• Upvote 3

There's an official F1 Manager game coming in 2022 from Frontier:

• Upvote 5

Apparently 3 team members are self isolating. It’s going to get called off isn’t it.

53 minutes ago, mexos said:

Apparently 3 team members are self isolating. It’s going to get called off isn’t it.

you’d imagine so. When’s the deadline to create a team in the league?

Rumours over the past couple of minutes that the Vietnam GP has been postponed / cancelled.

Im holding off buying the Sky F1 pass because Australia might be the only GP for a while if it takes place at all. I might get the 3 months for £20 a month instead and see what happens. If Vietnam is cancelled there will be no races in April.

At least it wasn't a sponsor on this car

1454668698587.jpg

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I've got DP World 1 & 2 on DVD. 

I laughed too much at this. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

Rumours over the past couple of minutes that the Vietnam GP has been postponed / cancelled.

Work colleague has tickets for this. He's still going regardless, I told him to take plenty of dong...

8 hours ago, mexos said:

New Renault livery:

renault.thumb.jpg.7421219104f45f736c0c38763aed46cc.jpg

DP WORLD:unsure: 

Not safe to google that....is it?

14 minutes ago, marsh said:

Work colleague has tickets for this. He's still going regardless, I told him to take plenty of dong...

The way things are going, they may not even let him in. I believe they've already suspended the visa waiver (I think it's called) for the UK.

I'll gently drop this into the conversation about our bonus with him on Friday...

All that dong and nothing to spend it on.

3 hours ago, marsh said:

Not safe to google that....is it?

:eyebrows: 

3 hours ago, marsh said:

All that dong and nothing to spend it on.

:unsure:

Got my ticket and into the track today to watch some support stuff. Not very busy yet obviously.

I fully expect cancellation to happen at some point over the weekend. With 8 team members apparently now self isolating if any test positive I think that team will find itself having to isolate many more and basically unable to run. And that would seem to be game over for the event (unless they run it as a non-points round but not sure that would actually happen).

FE is al street races but if they are doing this I cannot see how F1 will be able to keep going.

Jon Noble

@NobleF1

·

1m

Breaking news: McLaren withdraws from the Australian Grand Prix after team member tests positive for coronavirus.

Well that is that. It will get called off.

It has been odd seeing various sports taking action whilst F1 seems to keep quiet, despite members of the paddock being isolated. I assume it's seeing who blinks first, tracks want FOM to cancel so they aren't out of pocket, FOM don't want to cancel and lose money whilst they both hope Governments will cancel so insurers pay.

The drivers aren't so quiet Hamilton thinks it's shocking they've pressed ahead, Kimi says it probably isn't right and would likely be different if the teams had the final say.

Edit: Looks like the teams have decided to have the final say then.

I think this is the perfect opportunity for the teams to take a stand and pull out, the FIA are more bothered about events going ahead and not getting involved in political situations in certain countries that it makes the sport look really bad.

This is a pretty ugly black eye for the sport. You get the feeling that the FIA and the event organisers basically ended up in a game of brinksmanship, not wanting to be the ones who cancelled due to financial concerns.

Congratulations to McLaren for taking the right action. You'd hope the rest of the sport will now take the same stand.

I can see races happening from say July / August on a handful of tracks with double header races.

The British GP could be Round 1...

I don't know what F1's deal is but MotoGP need to run 13 for various commercial and championship reasons in order to award a title.  They're talking double headers.

Assuming F1 accept McLaren's decision as Force Majore and surely they will, if this happens it's now not for points.

Hopefully. I think (well, I hope) that the world as a whole has now realised the best way to deal with this is to bunker down and make some social/sporting/entertainment/etc sacrifices now for the good of peoples' health. The initial prognosis from China and even a few comments from Italy suggest that the tide is being stemmed somewhat by their dramatic measures - it's time for everyone else to follow suit so this thing can properly be slowed and nations' health systems can be given a chance.