Formula One - 2020

Hulk getting a podium is inevitably going to be followed by the RP being deemed illegal and it being taken away from him.

Bottas has sorted out his excuses for the last couple of races

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bottas-dashboard-light-changes-british-gp/4846420/?ic_source=home-page-widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-2

The flashing light was not the only issue that Bottas has faced at the start of the season, as he also revealed that other factors – like running with too-much fuel in Hungary qualifying or the wrong ride height in Austria – have also worked against him.

"The fuelling error we found as part of [the] analysis from last week," he said "There was an issue with the fuelling system, something with a pipe or the vent the fuel goes in, so it was around two kilos or a bit more over-fuelled in qualifying.

• Upvote 1
On 29/07/2020 at 12:42, Freeman said:

Can't help but think if they were the older light blue and orange, I'd have noticed more of them.  Google suggests there are 2 within 15 or so miles of me.  I know of both stations, but couldn't have said they were Gulf.

I found another today!

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

If someone can get it from in the F1 bubble that is pretty scary.

42 minutes ago, Nick_L said:

He was taking selfies with fans at a restaurant in Guadalajara a week or so ago which isnt a good look right now

I always had the feeling that the bubble stuff was all talk and no substance.

They should now be quarantining the entire trackside crew from Checo’s side of the garage on the assumption that they all have it. Can they scramble up an entire new roster in a day? Or do you reckon they’ll just ignore it and the only person replaced will be the driver?

For sure they will have a contingency plan for replacing people from all roles trackside should this type of thing happen.

I can imagine the issue being if LOTS of RP people got it from Perez then you might start running into issues. Like people needing to step up to roles trackside they’ve not done before. 

For example I bet the teams have anyone in mechanical or in engineering who could end up having to go trackside doing pit stop practice right now.

Because it’s F1 they’ll have a backup team for the backup team too.

On 29/07/2020 at 21:25, deerokus said:

That Adrian Newey book is surprisingly good, didn't think he'd be such a good writer. Well worth the 99p it cost the other day. 

I felt it was a bit look at how good I am/was and seemed to miss the poor performances particularly the period where redbull have been shit. The aero stuff was fascinating as was the insight of the early days political moves.

Pretty common with F1 books. It usually seems almost every victory is down the the individual brilliance of the author, whereas any loss is due to someone else’s mess up.

• Upvote 1

Mmm yes, it would seem like Checo wasn't particularly clever with his social arrangements. Obviously not that this changes my hope that he recovers/continues to show no symptoms and is cleared soon. Guess this pretty much confirms that F1 is going to keep the show running no matter what now, too, although to be fair it's also somewhat testament to their bubble and testing system in the paddock that this situation seems to have not ended with about 40+ Racing Point mechanics infected.

Whoever - and it looks like it will be Hulk - gets that second RP seat for the Silverstone races has a great chance of that podium spot. Silverstone always suits the Merc chassis nicely.

1 hour ago, kiroquai said:

Whoever - and it looks like it will be Hulk - gets that second RP seat for the Silverstone races has a great chance of that podium spot. Silverstone always suits the Merc chassis nicely.

What are you implying.......?:eyebrows:

12 hours ago, marsh said:

I'd have though they would be able to drag people out of the factory if needed...

Yeah just in case anyone here doesn't know, the RP factory is literally (actually literally) across the road from Silverstone.

image.png.0c4e20fcaa16de6b1ec1c2487870bce6.png

Further to my continual rants that this is not the "70th anniversary of F1" in any shape or form, here's a question for those not googling.

When was the last non-F1 car entered in a world championship grand prix?

Clue : It wasn't fucking 70 years ago!

Awaits kiro ending this one instantly.

Something laughably shit like a Colini? and are you talking about entered and qualified, or entered and fell at the first hurdle of pre-qualifying packed up at lunchtime and on the road immediately after ?

• Mr Tony changed the title to Formula One - 2020