Formula One - 2020

5 minutes ago, mexos said:

Ok so in total we have:

Max beats Perez in 3/4 of all qualifying

= I give £10 to a charity of your choice.

Max beats Perez by 100 points or more

= I give £10 to a charity 

Max gets more points than Checo in 2021

= I give £10 to charity of your choice

Covid clause is only activated if either driver misses 2 races.

Deal?

Deal. I think if covid reduces the season to 10 or less races or as you say, either driver misses 2 races, all bets are off, but otherwise I'm good with it. 

I think the 100 points one was very optimistic on my part (50 should be safe) but I'm pretty confident about the other two. 

26 minutes ago, mexos said:

Max gets more points than Checo in 2021 AND stays with the team

Perez is within 20% of the Max's points at the end of the season and MAX LEAVES THE TEAM.

Covid clause is only activated if either driver misses 2 races.

Deal?

Haha, what is this bullshit? :D 

If Max leaves RB, it won't be because of Checo, but he may well leave the team, so that's a no deal. Also, Checo is highly rumoured to have a drive with another team for 2022, so that's another reason Max wouldn't be leaving because of Checo. Not happy with the 20% rule either. Bet's off pending further negotiation.

Well, Max's dad doesn't run the team or call the shots from the pit wall, so that's one less thing to have to cost five places on the grid....

Max might get a shoeing.

Looks like Redbull and Honda have agreed that Redbull can continue using it's Engines in 2022 (as in, Redbull run it themselves, Honda will still be out). They are waiting on the FIA for confirmation of the engine freeze though.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76875/breaking-red-bull-and-honda-agree-on-engine-deal-as-of-2022.html 

https://formula1news.co.uk/honda-agrees-to-let-red-bull-use-its-power-unit-after-2021/

I really hope we don't get a fucking engine freeze but it'll probably never be properly unfrozen and we'll be entirely out of motorsport that isn't a)spec or b)basically spec because of BoP.

On 21/01/2021 at 20:01, marsh said:

Who givrs a shit about the noise of the engines in these cars? They all sound the same, BOP away, let them do more to the aero.

It's the one series in the entire world where you can develop an engine now.

Why change this one when you can go watch literally all the others.

Or indeed compete in any of the others.

Might as well just rebadge some indycars and give them another half bar of boost at this rate.