Formula One - 2020

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Are we starting to wonder if Hamilton might not actually line up for Mercedes this year.

It's 2 weeks since he stopped being a Mercedes employee, he's a free agent right now and still no agreement.

Well he appeared "on stage" with Toto at AMD's CES keynote this week. https://www.techpowerup.com/277148/amd-ces-2021-keynote-address-by-ceo-dr-lisa-su-live-blog

image.thumb.png.c6d93de23073482bd354941f0e6d332f.png

2 hours ago, mexos said:

Just a testing livery to get them some kick off press coverage. Blue will come for the real car launch and final livery I would expect.

For reference this what Red Bull did as their kick off just after purchasing Jaguar:

f1-barcelona-november-testing-2004-vitan

:blink:

Talk about zero effort...

Good job they canned that livery. 

45 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Leclerc has tested positive COVID 

That’s two since the season ended when only three drivers caught it in 2020.

Defo seems that once the season was done (which for Hamilton meant after he won the title) the drivers took the opportunity to let their hair down and hire some prostitutes.... 6 months of being really well behaved must have taken its toll!

20 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Good job they canned that livery. 

Yes it's not very good but please think for a second about poor the designers that worked on that to make it as good as it could be even though they hated it. Must have been soda pressing.

3 hours ago, mexos said:

I did wonder but... Why would you give up an almost guaranteed 8th championship?

If you really want to quit and do something else wait 1 more year. Leave with every prize, record and accolade that counts. Never look back.

Or leave with 7 and that little voice in the back of your head keeps reminding you how easily you could have had the record with 8.

Yeah, this year is just a freebie and yet...

Unless Mercedes are really taking the piss somehow with either the money or the length or both.

Or he is.

31 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, this year is just a freebie and yet...

Unless Mercedes are really taking the piss somehow with either the money or the length or both.

Or he is.

Maybe it's late because his next deal is not JUST a driver contract.

Could he want to have stock in the team and become a FUTURE NIKI. Imagine that. He use Merc to help run a few black drivers in lower formula with a view to them eventually getting into F1. His existing commission and other plates he's spinning also get more BAME engineers into the team. Oooh this sounds... it's out there but to me something like this sounds plausible. 

There are reports that his demands are pretty high. He's reportedly after a 3 year deal and wanting a share of the team's prize money ontop of an additional increase in salary. One newspaper (the Express) is even claiming he wants to be able to chose his teammate from 2022 onwards.

I'm sure most of that is journalistic guesswork and probably varies between slightly true and total bullshit. But if all of that were true and I was Toto, I'd politely decline and give mr. Russell a call.

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Is that official or a Sean Bull have a go hero with blender?

Either way it looks great.

Just some random I found on the internode, whoever did it, they need to be hired.

5 hours ago, mexos said:

Maybe it's late because his next deal is not JUST a driver contract.

Could he want to have stock in the team and become a FUTURE NIKI. Imagine that. He use Merc to help run a few black drivers in lower formula with a view to them eventually getting into F1. His existing commission and other plates he's spinning also get more BAME engineers into the team. Oooh this sounds... it's out there but to me something like this sounds plausible. 

It's certainly possible, he's already taken a step into team ownership.

4 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

There are reports that his demands are pretty high. He's reportedly after a 3 year deal and wanting a share of the team's prize money ontop of an additional increase in salary. One newspaper (the Express) is even claiming he wants to be able to chose his teammate from 2022 onwards.

It's the Express of course but this would be a very brave stage of his career to be making demands.  The team will know he wants 8 and he'll know they have good options after next year.

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

Are all the Sky team really going to pronounce Alpine as Alpeen as they have done since the announcement, because it's quite grating.

Given that's how it's pronounced, I would assume so.

Better that than the American "Alex" Zanardi, "EJ" Viso and "Bobby Doornknobs" approach.

Hyundai is fine. There’s 3 correct versions of that, depending on the region. The company acknowledges that and I’ve read they use all three at head office depending on where they’re talking about, so they could be saying them all in a single conversation. 

Despite the latest rumours circulating on certain websites and social media, the ACM can confirm that the #MonacoGP will take place from 20-23 May 2021.

hahahahah

11 minutes ago, mexos said:

Unpopular opinion: Perez is to Max what Max was to Seb. Just a bit watered down.

I'm not sure 'unpopular' is the word.  I'd love to be proven wrong as in the way they present themselves, Perez is a likable chap and Max is an utter cock, but I don't see it...

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes, I can really see Max jumping ship out of fear of losing to Checo. I'll take further bets on that not happening. :D

hahah. double down on a bad bet :lol:

15 minutes ago, mexos said:

tenor.gif

Ready to put your money where your mouth is? :D

Checo gets more points than Max in 2021, I give £10 to charity.

Max gets more points than Checo in 2021, you give £10 to charity.

If covid decides the outcome of that challenge, bet is off.

Deal?

Ok so in total we have the original:

Max beats Perez in 3/4 of all qualifying

= I give £10 to a charity of your choice.

and vice versa

Max beats Perez by 100 points or more

= I give £10 to a charity 

and vice versa

Max gets more points than Checo in 2021 AND stays with the team

= I give £10 to charity of your choice

Perez is within 20% of the Max's points at the end of the season and MAX LEAVES THE TEAM.

= I give £10 to charity of your choice

Covid clause is only activated if either driver misses 2 races.

Deal?