Formula One - 2020

50 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Lewis has already done that, he went from McLaren who were top tier to a very average Mercedes team....

I'm not the only person who thought he was crazy to do such a thing. Something the 'it's all the car (and not because he is black)' crew seem to forget.

Good job I wasn't his manager. :lol: 

3 hours ago, ryodi said:

I'm sure Lewis doesn't care about how boring the races are and he'd be crazy to walk away from the best car when he's nailed on to win the title next season. It's ridiculous to say he needs to prove it in another car, he paid his dues at McLaren and has earned the best car on the grid. Going back to a shitbox made Alonso more likeable and that's about it. 

I don’t know. When you’re part of such a thrilling sport, there must be many facets why you compete. I’d hope part of it was that he enjoyed what he brought to the table. 

I didn’t say he needed to prove it in another car. I said he could. When you’ve accomplished basically everything, you might as well have some bloody fun. It’s not like he has much to go home to :( 

4 hours ago, NexivRed said:

I don’t know. When you’re part of such a thrilling sport, there must be many facets why you compete. I’d hope part of it was that he enjoyed what he brought to the table. 

I didn’t say he needed to prove it in another car. I said he could. When you’ve accomplished basically everything, you might as well have some bloody fun. It’s not like he has much to go home to :( 

Yeah, but he’s a very well paid racing driver. The fun is continually grinding your teammate and the rest of the field into the dirt. Not sitting around the back markers like Vettel getting overtaken race after race in an uncompetitive car.

6 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Although if this week’s Popbitch is anything to go by (which it probably isn’t) he’s having a lot of fun and has plenty to go home to (or at least with):

“It's still not clear if Lewis Hamilton will be Covid negative enough to race in the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend. It would be a real shame if he missed out on the chance to take the deserved plaudits for his record-equaling seventh title - but it could be a self-inflicted one. 

Though Lewis has been very keen to insist he's followed all protocols and taken every possible precaution, he might be laying it on a little too thick. Our spies in Dubai spotted him out at a glitzy restaurant right around the time he was likely to have picked it up, where he and his bodyguard spent the evening in the not-very-socially-distanced company of six beautiful young women who chose to join him. 

He and the ladies all left together. So unless he was simply checking that they all got their taxis, chances are they had a nightcap at even closer quarters. “

1 hour ago, footle said:

Yeah, but he’s a very well paid racing driver. The fun is continually grinding your teammate and the rest of the field into the dirt. Not sitting around the back markers like Vettel getting overtaken race after race in an uncompetitive car.

Exactly. It would also be more interesting to see one of the new generation beat him before he retires like Alonso did to Schumacher instead of him waking away unbeaten since 2016.

15 hours ago, Papaya Dance said:

Weirdly disappointed Lewis is back. I'm a big fan of his and always have been but seeing George in the Merc last week got me more excited about a grand prix than I have been in ages. Proper shouting at the tv celebrating as he took the lead into the first corner.

Oh well, there'll be plenty more of that in future to look forward to.

Feel the same.  Was looking forward to an exciting race this weekend but it'll be the standard snoozefest now, so bored of Hamilton winning everything at a canter.

There should be a rule that when you mathematically win the championship, you have to sit the rest of the season out so that fun stuff might happen. 

If we get the 24 race season next year, it's going to be a slog. If Russell is in the car next year then we might get a bit more spicy racing towards the front. If it's still Bottas, then congratulations Hamilton on his record setting championship win. 

The problem if Hamilton retires, which he won't because he can easily set history next year, is that Russell will just become the new dominant driver and we'll be stuck in the same situation we are now 

Yes, he signed a new one year deal a few months ago. Apparantly Mercedes did try to get Russell for 2021 but Claire Williams said no and Williams took up the extra year on his contract. It's only Hamilton (no contract) and Albon (rubbish) who are a doubt for next year. 

I'm surprised no one has posted the sweet message Williams put in George's car for his return

george.jpg.279a6c0dffa46df0fdb3fedc5a5ca697.jpg

Spoiler

simpsons.png.4f65004c087a0436abf3097c92201aff.png