Formula One - 2020

2 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

He insisted on walking to the ambulance, even though he knew he’d broken his foot, because the cameras were on him and he wanted his family to see him walking away rather than going out on a stretcher. What a hero. I’m actually a bit tearful thinking about it all.

He attempts to get out several times and can't, sits back down, decides he is going to die, gives his death a name and feels calm, thinks of his children and decides to try again. I started to blub when he called his wife from the medical centre. 

'It's just the car' comments intensify. Apparantly Mercedes tried to get Russell for 2021 but Williams said no so next year might be it for Bottas anyway. Assuming Mercedes sign Hamilton again for next season of course. 

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

'It's just the car' comments intensify. Apparantly Mercedes tried to get Russell for 2021 but Williams said no so next year might be it for Bottas anyway. Assuming Mercedes sign Hamilton again for next season of course. 

Yeah I read the other day some comments about Williams saying they didn’t want to stand in Russell’s way “again”...

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

OR

Bottas is top notch. It just so happens that Ham and RUS are freaks.

2 minutes ago, mexos said:

OR

Bottas is top notch. It just so happens that Ham and RUS are freaks.

I agree with that, if he was in a Red Bull he wouldn't be .500 behind Max in qualifying at every race. Its going to be real downer for him if he ends up back in the Williams tooling around at the back in the final race if Hamilton has recovered in time. 

11 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Well, colour me impressed. Solid, no frills, didn't stick it in the wall. Job done for George. 

The fact he's ahead of the Redbulls tells you all you need to know. he looked comfortable there didn't he :)

Yeah ignore the times a little, although it's a good headline.  He had a near perfect session straight away, he's clearly "up there".

Meanwhile Bottas went off twice, he's badly rattled.

In reality, Russell just needs to make sure that if he doesn't score points, it's not his fault.  A nice safe run to 4th or 5th would be absolutely perfect and much better than going off trying to overtake Verstappen for 2nd.

It's worth stressing how healthy a gap that is though, over 3 tenths on a very short track with very few corners. 

Remember that “mild” officially just means “not hospitalised”. 

I reckon he was already feeling it during the race last Sunday. He was saying things like “that wasn’t as easy as it might have looked” and he seemed visibly deflated after winning.

Hopefully he does just need to rest up. 

Incredible that this is the first race weekend he’s missed in his whole F1 career.