Formula One - 2020

I suppose, Russel winning the race on sunday would give some validity to everyone saying anyone could win in Hamilton's car ;)

I suspect he'll be mid table respectability, realistically he has to at least be behind the Redbulls and ahead or close to the the racing points. 

I  am still to be convinced he's as great as some of you think he is. Saturdays are good, sundays start well but tail off. He's beat his team mates as you would expect given who they were. But I think he's just getting what the car will give, not a lot more. 

He seems like a really nice guy, I hope he does really well, beating Albon would be massive statement. 

10 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

He seems like a really nice guy, I hope he does really well, beating Albon would be massive statement. 

I suspect Perez would love to see him do that...and if he gets chance to help during the race, he absolutely will.

Felt sooooo sorry for him when they pressed the 'whoa, slow down, not today lad' button on him.

52 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

I’m happy they’re trying the circuit out. It’s good to try something different, and it might throw up a surprise result if it turns out some cars are better suited to the layout than expected. 

Me too, it should be fun, but it is an odd layout for George to show what he can do. I think I and possibly he himself would have liked his first race in the big team to be on a more technically demanding track. It's going to be interesting whatever though, can't wait.

37 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Because they wouldn’t have to pay George 47 million?

Russell is Coulthard with an English accent from a marketing perspective, part of the reason the team is so relatively cheap to run is all the advertising money Hamilton brings. in. Only Bottas and Russell have a contract for next year of course. 

53 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Because they wouldn’t have to pay George 47 million?

Bottas isn’t that far off Lewis on single lap and race pace so someone brand new into the team and car beating him would be alarmingly quick and in Lewis territory without knowing the finer workings of the car!

6 hours ago, Dudley said:

To be fair when you're the size of Alan Jones you have trouble escaping from a medium sized fire engine.

I love the clip on YouTube of Jones complaining about the ride when testing a Williams with no suspension, and Frank telling him to sit on his wallet. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Powerful words from Romain there. 

He insisted on walking to the ambulance, even though he knew he’d broken his foot, because the cameras were on him and he wanted his family to see him walking away rather than going out on a stretcher. What a hero. I’m actually a bit tearful thinking about it all.