Formula One - 2020

20 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Haas to announce Mazepin & Schumacher for 2021 tomorrow or later today with Sauber to announce an unchanged lineup of Raikkonen and Giovinazzi.

Well, according to ze Germans anyway.

Kinda surprised Illot doesn't get Gio's spot.  That's basically the end of his F1 ambitions I'd say, even if he wins next year he's a 4th year F2 driver.

The other 2 Ferrari drivers in F2 are Armstrong and Alesi and I'll let you look at the championship table to tell you why neither of them are getting a sniff of that drive.

George Russell learning just how much of a dead end being a young Mercedes driver can be. He can’t even go to DTM like Werhlein and Di Resta because Mercedes have withdrawn if Williams do get rid of him.

The last place I'd want to be heading right now is DTM, the series is dead on it's arse. Sad to see but I reckon he'd be best to land a dev role with one of the LMP teams for the next couple of years.

Yeah, DTM is trying to be a GT3 series next year but there's already a german GT3 series so what it's going to be is a GT3 series except you need to spend another several thousand euros on your car to make it legal for it.

16 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

How is Giovinazzi keeping his seat, he's even worse the Grosjean !!! 

Ferrari have 1 viable alternative and he's going straight to Haas.

Gio hasn't actually been confirmed for 2021 btw, so Ferrari might do something else. 

2 minutes ago, layten said:

So which driver without enough points but a big bag of cash is this for?

Amazingly it's not for Mazepin.

2nd GP3 - 20.

18th F2 - Nothing

Currently 6th F2 - 10.

3rd F3 Asia - 12

so 42.  Assuming of course he does finish 6th or 7th in F2. With 4 races to go he's got an 18 point lead on that score.

4 minutes ago, layten said:

So which driver without enough points but a big bag of cash is this for?

Juri Vips, he couldn’t take part in Japanese Super Formula this year due to COVID restrictions.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Ferrari have 1 viable alternative and he's going straight to Haas.

Gio hasn't actually been confirmed for 2021 btw, so Ferrari might do something else. 

To be fair, Schumacher and Mazepin haven't been confirmed either.

On the grounds Hass has all but put an add on ebay to sell his team, i'd be really surprised if Shumi ends up there rather than Alfa Romeo. I was under the impression it was all a done deal, but then I thought Magnussen had done enough to keep his seat to mentor Ilot. :facepalm:

Hass should take Perez. Slim might not allow it though so they won't.

I think Red Bull should re-promote Gasly but they won't.

Alfa should copy Hass and show both drivers the door... 

I'd also love Hulk to get the Red Bull seat but it's a good story for F1 so it won't happen.

I still think Albon can cling on but he needs a couple of stellar races or he's out imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ocon is half out the door either. Gasly to Alpine makes a lot of sense imo.

My number one red hot prediction of the ages is that Danny goes home to Red Bull when Max finally takes Ham's seat.

So my don't want it but probable prediction would be:

Alfa: RAIK, GIO :facepalm:

Red Bull: Max, Albon :rolleyes:

Williams: LAT, Perez :quote:

Hass: Schumacher, fuck knows, spin a wheel. Maybe Ilott

AT: Gasly, Vips

8 hours ago, Dudley said:

Kinda surprised Illot doesn't get Gio's spot.  That's basically the end of his F1 ambitions I'd say, even if he wins next year he's a 4th year F2 driver.

The other 2 Ferrari drivers in F2 are Armstrong and Alesi and I'll let you look at the championship table to tell you why neither of them are getting a sniff of that drive.

You’ve missed Schwartzman who is possibly better than all of the others, including Schumacher..

5 hours ago, Freeman said:

Great to see Haas having a clear out, shame Alfa aren’t doing the same!

You’ll miss Grosjean, which isn’t something he ever managed with any other cars. 

Hamilton may want to keep it clean this weekend. Petrov is a steward and there's been words between them over anti-racism stuff (apparently it's like urging everyone to be gay!).