Formula One - 2020

There is a survey on F1 fan voice:

How positive/negative are you around the possibility of Formula 1 trialling reverse-grid qualifying races at around four races (out of 22) next season?

These races would consist of a 30 minute reverse-grid (based on current World Championship standings) qualifying race that would replace the existing qualifying format for those particular races. The finishing positions of that race will determine the grid positions for Sunday’s race.

Pure reverse race like that is insanity imo. There are just too many instances in F1 where overtaking is basically impossible unless you're not just faster but massively faster (like 1-2 seconds a lap). As much as I'd like to see a shake up of the format I think it needs to be something other than reverse champ order qualifying race.

Something more along the lines of qualifying leading to a sprint race on Saturday. Then run a feature race on Sunday with the finishing order from the sprint race with the top 8 reversed. I suspect the result wouldn't be that different really at the very top (the Mercs would mostly find their way back to the front on Sunday) the back of the midfield would be a scrap.

I don’t know if anyone else follows Joe Saward on Twitter but I’ve finally decided to unfollow him. I think he’s a great journalist but man what a dick. The last few days have really shown what a tool he is. He’s especially not had a great day today.

He’s been on the arseholes side of the fence re: the whole Hamilton & Racism debate for the last few days. Then this morning, seemingly apropos of nothing, posted a really douchebag asshole comment passively aggressively telling some journalism uni student she was shit. This has not gone unnoticed by many.

Sorry. I do appreciate the irony / hypocrisy  of me being mean and grumpy complaining about someone else for doing exactly the same. I suppose people in glass houses and all that. I dunno, I’ll tell some jokes later to balance the whole thing out.... why did the pie cross the road? Because he was meat n’ potatoes. 

Just not necessarily is it? Too easy to stick a boot in. Why not offer some constructive criticism instead? Everyone starts somewhere. I’ve thought he was a bit of a dick for a while now, this just confirms it.

I see Will Buxton got drawn into it too and got snagged trying to say something positive and just getting dragged into the shit slinging that is Twitter.

11 hours ago, GwiDan said:

Apparently Stefano Domenicali is going to be CEO of F1; I did wonder why he was being so prominently interviewed in Mugello, but still somewhat surprising. 

Well Ferrari's preferential treatment will surely come to an end. :lol:

Personally I think Stefano is a pretty legit guy. I don't see it being an issue. Also he has been working for one of Ferrari's direct competitors since he got the boot. If anything I think Ferrari would be worried by his appointment - in getting harsher treatment from him. Again, I don't believe this would be the case.