Formula One - 2020

5 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Bottas reduced Hamilton’s lead by three points, championship race back on.

Reduced the lead to Bottas, ironically the actual lead remains the same since Bottas just replaces Verstapoen as being 47 points behind. 

Mugello up next. Mercedes should fuck off down the road pending closed pit lanes. Most interesting thing will be trying to guess how much hilariously faster F1 cars will be over the usual MotoGP bikes that race there.

Lewis is a bit of a twat in the post race interview.

"I don't know who was on the podium", and then looking a bit awkward as he realises the bit he thought he said in his head, was broadcast on live TV.

Still, credit where credit is due - he raced well.

22 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

May as well get some money on whoever is driving for Alpha Tauri at the Italian GP in 2031. 

And then when that fails, try the maths again and go for 2032.

21 minutes ago, Paul3704 said:

"I don't know who was on the podium", and then looking a bit awkward as he realises the bit he thought he said in his head, was broadcast on live TV.

He knew gasly had won. He knew the real competition were nowhere and basically nowhere respectively. Who really cares where Stroll came other than Stroll’s dad?

21 minutes ago, Paul3704 said:

Did he especially?

In a Mercedes he gained 12 seconds on Gasly in over 20 laps having claimed he could gain 2.5 seconds a lap.  He was barely catching the field at a second a lap.

I'd have said at best that's what you would expect from a Mercedes.

Who?

Although in all seriousness, 5th in a race where nothing not of your own design went wrong for you when your 5 theoretical biggest competitors all had major issues is pathetic.

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Literally no one on sky talking about Bottas. Like he doesn’t exist.

Hamilton doesn't mention him either, instinctively refers to 'Seb' as his rival before correcting himself and saying Max.

It was impressive just how fast the Merc was catching up to the pack. 

So fucking happy for Gasly, literally cried at him screaming :lol: He deserves a better car but I really hope he tells Christian Horner to go fuck himself and refuse to play back up to the toddler.

Quite like how pissed off Sainz is that he didn't win

Pleased for Gasly to get a win as he seems like a good guy who has had a rough year and even though he was very lucky to be in contention for the win, he nailed the final restart and showed a strong nerve to hold off Sainz.

His half season was so bad in the RedBull (go back and watch Drive to Survive if you’re in doubt) that even this win wont make them swap him and Albon back mid season but he’s shown he still has something to offer in the sport other than to fill the seat because they had no one else.

His promotion to Red Bull was too early and into a team that was evidently only about one man with there being no intention there to nurture him and put an arm round him. I think hes a decent driver that is more capable than the car he's in but needs to feel loved, as cliche as that is.

I think this is a lesson to Red Bull that there needs to be a different approach to their second driver. Gasly is showing exactly the form they expected when they put him in the car the first time. Had they bothered to help him properly when he had his issues last year RB could have one of the best pairings on the grid right now. They’ve changed their tune of late putting support out there in the press for Alex, but I do wonder just how much goes on behind the scenes. I fear nowhere near enough.

In other news... did Bottas actually have a problem with the end? :unsure: Or was he... just not.... that good?

2 hours ago, wev said:

So fucking happy for Gasly, literally cried at him screaming :lol: He deserves a better car but I really hope he tells Christian Horner to go fuck himself and refuse to play back up to the toddler.

Quite like how pissed off Sainz is that he didn't win

image.png.23cdfc64ba26059fe814f8823cfbf43a.png

This is awfully close to being very embarrassing for Red Bull.