Formula One - 2020

6 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

The fuck is hamilton's scooter all about.  I've  never seen anyone over the age of 8 using one of those apart from him.

/confession time 

I have one... 

image.thumb.png.a5efb25a591049e4f01d5e52a805b093.png

It was really good fun, then I was using it to get to the garage quicker than walking, and stupidly crossing a road, I noticed a bit too late that there were cobbles at the lowered kerb, and they were a bit wet.  So the front wheel slipped out from under me, and I went straight on, luckily managing to rotate my body so it was my shoulder that hit the stone gatepost and not my head. About 1/5th of my torso was yellow the next day, and black the following, and that bruising stuck around for about 3 weeks.  This is why anyone over the age of 8 shouldn't use them.  We don't heal so well!

I haven't used it since.

I’m not absolving Merc or LH of responsibility by any means. There definitely should be some lights on the inside of parabolica though. I’d also be interested in how much time went between the decision to close the pit lane and the call to box. 

Yeah I’d love to see the time between the pit closure & lewis boxing. Also when Lewis went in no Marshall’s on the track, when the other guy pitted they were wheeling the car towards. Either way it spices up the race. 

4 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Where is that from, everything I’ve read has said Ferrari had the biggest budget and both exclude engine/power train?

Every team buys their performance, what I’m on about is Ferrari have and always have had an unfair advantage in the sport so it’s always good when any team beats them.

To prove myself wrong, Racefans have Ferrari 10mill above Merc, but have nice graphics (which include the no PU comment) so I'm linking it:

https://www.racefans.net/2020/01/02/the-cost-of-f1-2019-part-two-what-the-top-teams-spent/

But I was going off this article that puts Merc at 20mill more:

https://www.essentiallysports.com/what-are-the-budgets-for-all-10-formula-one-teams-2019/

So probably safe to say they are about even.  Can't find the PU 1 bill thing which I remember reading a couple of years back, but the race is back on so...