rllmuk
Mr Tony

Formula One - 2020 - It's Race Week!

Thanks for the invite to join fantasy league! Should be fun, haven't done it before and I'm very much a casual F1 fan so don't really know what I'm doing. All the same, should be fun.

• Upvote 1

Yes!  Just been thinking about doing an FF1 somewhere!

Enjoyed pawing over the choices for the last 25 minutes, trying to think what might work out, then thinking sod it and choosing drivers I like.

I'm Scuderia Corranga, because in the excitement, I forgot it was from rllmuk, which is the only place on the internet that I'm not called Corranga ;)

Team IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN reporting for a new front wing / duty.

Not done this before. Barely know what I'm doing. But I'm in.

"THE WHEEL! GIVE ME THE WHEEL!!" has arrived in the paddock

I'm finding this FIA/Ferrari investigation and settlement a bit weird. They investigated the power unit from last year's car and presumably found something wrong, because a) they then announced an extra fuel flow sensor for each car for this season and b) Ferrari are already saying this year's power unit isn't as good.

None of the other teams have been informed what the investigation discovered, or what this settlement was. They're pretty angry about it. If the power unit was legal then surely the FIA would have said so, in which case if it wasn't then why have they seemingly been able to reach some kind of deal that allows them to keep all their results from last year? Why have no other teams been informed about this? 

All a bit fishy.

I'm Anthony Team 1 because I don't know how to change my name :doh:

renameteam.PNG.06101929199037745db84bc32800bcb3.PNG

To the right of your team name should be this little fella. Selecting it brings up some options, one of which is to rename your team :) 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

I'm finding this FIA/Ferrari investigation and settlement a bit weird. They investigated the power unit from last year's car and presumably found something wrong, because a) they then announced an extra fuel flow sensor for each car for this season and b) Ferrari are already saying this year's power unit isn't as good.

None of the other teams have been informed what the investigation discovered, or what this settlement was. They're pretty angry about it. If the power unit was legal then surely the FIA would have said so, in which case if it wasn't then why have they seemingly been able to reach some kind of deal that allows them to keep all their results from last year? Why have no other teams been informed about this? 

All a bit fishy.

I wonder if the FIA couldn't find what is wrong so they made a deal to say they won't continue the investigation & wont give any punishment if Ferrari admin what they did. 

20 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

renameteam.PNG.06101929199037745db84bc32800bcb3.PNG

To the right of your team name should be this little fella. Selecting it brings up some options, one of which is to rename your team :) 

Baring is faster than you, sorry mate. Is in!

“Netflix are a real bunch of cunts aren’t they?

I can’t wait for them to play that”

”They’re not going to play that”

Good fun this :D

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Baring said:

I'm Anthony Team 1 because I don't know how to change my name :doh:

Of the Lancaster Team 1s?

Mercedes not happy with the FIA / Ferrari settlement and exploring legal options which will be fun.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

Mercedes not happy with the FIA / Ferrari settlement and exploring legal options which will be fun.

With what appears to be the backing of all the other teams.....

Yeah figured it might come to this. Ugh, what a mess.

Latest amusing rumour I saw was that Ferrari kind of admitted something was wrong but the FIA didn't have the test equipment to fully nail what it was, so they've come to some sort of odd arrangement where Ferrari will supply the FIA equipment to properly measure and test power units in return for getting off with a slapped wrist for being naughty.

If (and it's a big if) true, then... :facepalm:

Of course all this does it make another tedious Lewis Hamilton championship stroll even more likely.

3 hours ago, Freeman said:

Minus the Ferrari junior team of course.

Both of them in fact.

Aye it's a pretty poor standard when you're cheating and you can't even win. They should hire Flav, he knew how to do it properly....

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Of course all this does it make another tedious Lewis Hamilton championship stroll even more likely.

championship stroll

championship

stroll

stroll championship

lance-stroll-racing-point-1.jpg

:omg:

• Upvote 4

Mine too.

Crazy predictions ahoy: Racing Point will win a race this season

Ok let’s do some predictions.

We don’t have a world championship this year. We do have a number of one off events. I’m guessing 10 tops later in the year.

The field is not always full. Ferrari, Haas and AT miss races.

Stroll wins a race

Haas pull out at the end of the year.

Seb retires, Ferrari hire Danny.

Renault pull out. 

Kimi retires

Albon wins a race. 
Williams score points.
3 car teams become a possibility again.

Bottas has the most points at the end of the season but is not crowned champion. :ph34r:

Zandvoort will be even more boring than Paul Ricard

• Upvote 1

I love how the camera follows the track.

They will call it a championship if there's more than about 5 races.