rllmuk
Mr Tony

Formula One - 2020 - It's Race Week!

Just now, kiroquai said:

Hopefully. I think (well, I hope) that the world as a whole has now realised the best way to deal with this is to bunker down and make some social/sporting/entertainment/etc sacrifices now for the good of peoples' health. The initial prognosis from China and even a few comments from Italy suggest that the tide is being stemmed somewhat by their dramatic measures - it's time for everyone else to follow suit so this thing can properly be slowed and nations' health systems can be given a chance.

It really is. I just hope we can actually starve it out sooner rather than later. If we have to wait for a vaccine then we could go years without sport or normal life.

Personally I'm sad, but clearly in light of events postponing the start of the season for the time being is the right thing to do. 

We're all assuming this will mean the postponement of the race but who knows really... Hard to see how it goes on from here. 

Yeah. I mean, the thing isn't whether this thing will eventually go or not. It will. Pretty much every health expert I've listened to has said that. It's how it goes and what lasting effects it leaves that matters. That is completely up to us, now. It has been proven to a relative degree of certainty by now what measures we need to be taking if we want to flatten the infection spike and give time for much-needed healthcare investment, both monetarily and staff.

It's a bit of a shitter happening soooo close to the start. It's just there, I can almost see it!

But it means nothing if people are getting sick. Time to go home and hope for the best. 

• Upvote 2

I mean, we're assuming it is off but who knows what Liberty/FIA will do....

I guess in theory you can run with 9 teams. 

It's not necessarily cancelled yet, looking back at Brawn's comments he left it open to have a non championship race if teams are prevented from entering a country, but if they decide to pull out of the race then that's on them.

So will be interesting to see how they respond to this and if they carry on what the other teams will do.

9 minutes ago, McCoy said:

I mean, we're assuming it is off but who knows what Liberty/FIA will do....

I guess in theory you can run with 9 teams. 

This is a governing body that ran with three teams once, while the angry mob pelted the track with bottles and cans....

• Upvote 4

*cracks knuckles* reckon we should all come out of retirement and stream a revived RLLMUK F1 Championship to fill the void :coffee:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kiroquai said:

*cracks knuckles* reckon we should all come out of retirement and stream a revived RLLMUK F1 Championship to fill the void :coffee:

cover3.jpg

• Upvote 2

Ferrari were very vocal about how the race shouldn't be counted as a championship race if any one of the teams couldn't participate.

Of course back then they, and everyone else, assumed it would be Ferrari who wouldn't be able to compete.

• Upvote 1

At best we'll get a non championship race. With no audience.

Everyone is there now. DO IT. :ph34r:

I think it is still possible until someone high profile gets it. Like a driver.

13 minutes ago, mexos said:

Feels like a memes day to cheer me up.

Can't beat an F1 meme or two!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Ferrari were very vocal about how the race shouldn't be counted as a championship race if any one of the teams couldn't participate.

Of course back then they, and everyone else, assumed it would be Ferrari who wouldn't be able to compete.

All of the teams took the formation lap before retiring so they all participated. McLaren withdrawing is a different situation.

This would be a perfect opportunity to introduce E racing to everyone. How quick do you think they could set up an F1 series ?

Each team could have a set up in the factory and all the simulators linked up. We could take bets on how long it takes Redbull to complain everyone else is cheating :)

• Upvote 1

Oh I reckon we could get an RLLMUK one running again in days. You could then marvel at such things as @Thor not liking his car's wing mirror layout, of @Meerman being literally furious at everything and @mexos disappearing from the lead of races but it's okay because I was behind and definitely quicker and definitely going to overtake him and certainly not having already accepted second place.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, ryodi said:

All of the teams took the formation lap before retiring so they all participated. McLaren withdrawing is a different situation.

Formation lap? I'm talking about last week when Ferrari were worried they might not be allowed to travel to Australia. Ferrari were very vocal that if one team can't take part, the race should be called off or at least not count as a championship race (and to be fair, I agree with them).

Yeah, think he quoted the wrong post and was referring to Marsh's mention of Indy 2005 :)

Sorry I wasn’t paying attention to what I was quoting.

Nope, that'll get pulled by Saturday morning.....

Unless they're chasing ratings because to be fair, nothing else is going to be on at this rate.

*scarpers to the local shop to get a lottery ticket*