rllmuk
Mr Tony

Formula One - 2020 - It's Race Week again! - British GP Live on C4

So, the teams who have lost the most compared to 2019 all have one thing in common...

7F637DC0-FB15-478C-9905-454DB66FBA01.thumb.jpeg.7534ba7ddb8120a4cd68f37e09198f3a.jpeg

Hmm :sherlock:

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, mexos said:

Amazing performance from Williams.

And only in their first season since Paddy Lowe left. I’d like to know what happened. 

Looks like the stewards are going to try and impose a reverse grid :lol:

Gonna go read the comments section on the BBC to get some salty racist schadenfreude. 

Merc 1-2, whatever. Looking forward to the racing behind though :)

First turn one wins then.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a comfortable Bottas win.

What odds can I get of Vettel getting sacked before the season is out?

Plenty of previous for just binning a driver off if the saltyness becomes too much....

I don’t see them binning Seb. The car clearly isn’t great and he’s still a strong driver, don’t see them putting Kimi back in the car, plus,  this is Ferrari we’re talking about, not Red Bull..

Nice to see a clear explanation on why Hamilton isn’t getting a penalty, can’t help but think Bottas could have taken a much shorter route back to the track. Are Merc allowed hoovers and leaf blowers in parc ferme conditions?

A certain Frenchman with a broken nose says hi... I'll never forget Prost getting sacked. That seemed unthinkable at the time.

Slate the car too much and I think they'll boot him out. What's in it for Seb to remain if the cars an absolute dog?

If it was a normal season I could see them binning Vettel before the end but none of the replacements are that appealing. Kimi is past it, Giovanazzi isn't good enough, it's too early for Mick Schumacher, Pascal Wehrlein hasn't raced in F1 since 2017 and would be a Luca Badoer level replacement. Maybe they'll give Alonso a call for maximum banter.

That post qualifying speech by Hamilton was.....not rehearsed, shall we say? Sounds like he had a lot still fresh on his mind? I mean, it was clearly all about solidarity with speaking out against racism. But sounded very troubled. 

Part of me wants a list of all the drivers who’d respond with all lives matter...

..is that wrong?

Feels great to have it back again though. Weekends are now more normal!

• Upvote 2

I guess we know what Sky Red Bull F1 will be talking about during the race then. Still bitter about Max in Mexico last year aren't they. 

Three place penalty for Hamilton. Max and Leclerc also will not take a knee before the race. Barring a mechanical failure I cannot see anything other than a comfortable Bottas win.

I don't like this.

You can't hold a hearing, clear someone, have them spend the entire day prepping their race place for starting 2nd and then suddenly change it 30 minutes before the race because the owner of the track has a strop.

• Upvote 1

It was only ever going to be a two horse race, and they’ve decided it before it starts. Way to keep the excitement levels up.

8 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I don't like this.

You can't hold a hearing, clear someone, have them spend the entire day prepping their race place for starting 2nd and then suddenly change it 30 minutes before the race because the owner of the track has a strop.

The penalty should have rolled over to the next race. Changing the grid less than an hour before the start is ridiculous. 

That would have been better.

It's not even like it was some super secret conspiracy evidence they couldn't possibly have had, it was literally the onboard from the car concerned.  Did they apparently not think to look at that?

Hamilton did start ninth and was fourth behind Rosberg by the end of the first lap in Austria in 2014. Hamilton’s biggest problem if he gets stuck behind the other cars is his car overheating, a problem Bottas won’t have,

I know it's improvement but the constant talking up of a team that qualified 17th and 20th is a little absurd.

Especially when you realise that Alfa have got slower more than Williams have got quicker.

Hamilton’s penalty is stupid so late in the day but I can’t help but think it’s wrong to call out Red Bull for it. The FIA investigation should have picked it up, that’s why they investigate, it’s their failure (again). I mean what happened - oh shit yeah the 360 degree camera gives a good view, why didn’t we think of that...

Anyway, it means we’ll see 3 more overtakes this afternoon!

Bottas has checked out already. Hamilton needs DRS to start overtaking.