rllmuk
JoeK

Poor purchases 2020

Shadow of the Colossus

Was looking for something very different from Tomb Raider games, Ico and Last Guardian are among my favourite ever games, and although I bounced off this when I played it on the PS2 years ago, from memory is was mainly because the god awful frame rate hurt me. 

But fuck me, there’s a great game in here but the controls feel like they’ve been deliberately set up to make the actual experience of playing as unpleasant as possible. Beat the first three but it was sooo painful I’ve lost all desire to go back. Twenty quid in the bin. 

Very disappointed

• Empathy 1

Jedi: Fallen Order. Played for about two hours and was just bored. Genuinely couldn’t be bothered to see if it got interesting.

• Empathy 1

Apple Arcade. I really thought that the friendlier, less "adult" focus of the games was refreshing and something that I'd enjoy about the platform. Quirky, friendly, a bit naive and charmingly creative. No.

Since Modern Warfare came out I've learned that I really do need to be killing someone or something in a game to fully enjoy it, in as much luridly graphic detail as possible.

Subscription cancelled and won't be going back until they get a Hitman or Manhunt reboot on there.

I'll also add that supposed Rollcage reboot that I bought near Christmas. Absolute complete wank.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Oh, I probably should add:

Every hand-held gaming machine ever.

Now, I did learn my lesson eventually and stopped short of buying a DS, but from Gameboy, Lynx, PSP and the rest - I've bought them all, and failed to enjoy handheld gaming :( . 

Honestly, I'm a fucking terrible human being but unless I'm in my gaming room with my TV and my PC around I cannot enjoy anything ever.

I'm probably the reason the world's as fucked up as it is :( 

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, spanx said:

Shadow of the Colossus

Was looking for something very different from Tomb Raider games, Ico and Last Guardian are among my favourite ever games, and although I bounced off this when I played it on the PS2 years ago, from memory is was mainly because the god awful frame rate hurt me. 

But fuck me, there’s a great game in here but the controls feel like they’ve been deliberately set up to make the actual experience of playing as unpleasant as possible. Beat the first three but it was sooo painful I’ve lost all desire to go back. Twenty quid in the bin. 

Very disappointed

Did you try the alternate controls they implemented on the PS4 version?

15 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Did you try the alternate controls they implemented on the PS4 version?

urrrrr, no

Do they help a lot?

Google stadia is looking like it’s my next cd32 onlive virtual boy Aquarius disaster purchase  :( 

• Empathy 2

14 hours ago, skondo said:

Jedi: Fallen Order. Played for about two hours and was just bored. Genuinely couldn’t be bothered to see if it got interesting.

For me too. There’s a good game buried somewhere but it just feels so average. To many other games to focus on to bother. I’d purchased it digitally too :(

• Empathy 2

14 hours ago, JoeK said:

Oh, I probably should add:

Every hand-held gaming machine ever.

Now, I did learn my lesson eventually and stopped short of buying a DS, but from Gameboy, Lynx, PSP and the rest - I've bought them all, and failed to enjoy handheld gaming :( . 

Honestly, I'm a fucking terrible human being but unless I'm in my gaming room with my TV and my PC around I cannot enjoy anything ever.

I'm probably the reason the world's as fucked up as it is :( 

That new yellow thing with the crank will end up forgotten in drawers within a month. I can't believe they're actually following through with that project, if it ever appears.

Football Manager Touch 2020 for Switch. 

My jaw was on the floor with how bad and awkward the controls are. Some parts of the UI are touch, some are not. Loads of lag in the UI, and all feels like it's about to crash. 

Tried playing a second time but I was about to throw throw the Switch at the wall, so stopped. 

Granted it's a PC game that should clearly only be used with a mouse, but that's £22 down the drain, and that was sale price! 

• Empathy 1