Best New Music 2020

I might give them another shot, I just recall losing interest in the last few records almost immediately.

That said, this is my favourite Casablancas thing of the last few decade or so, so I'm probably not to be trusted. :lol:

• Upvote 1

New AAL album, the last one has become a bit of a favourite of mine - and whilst this still features bits of soulful cut up vocals it’s ostensibly a more grimier darker machine driven affair, lots of broken beats and synthy bits, I love it. 

There’s also a single featuring Lydia Lunch, FKA Twigs etc. Not on the album, also fecking excellent.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, me too. Ignored them for a while because I unfairly assumed they were some Greta Van Fleet-esque bullshit, but 'The Fire' completely captivated me when I first heard it.

That new one sounds a bit like it escaped an Ariel Pink record.

Feelin' this:

Nice chill new Yaeji:

Been absolutely caning this Greek black metal record. 

• Upvote 2

Lemon Twigs are hard to get a grasp on, especially when their second album was based on a musical about a chimp who goes to school - but Never In My Arms, Always In My Heart is like the best love song in the last decade, can’t wait for the new album. Will check out those selections @Nequests  :)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead album is superb, one of their best. After over a decade of not doing too much of note album-wise, it's great to hear them back on form. 

• Upvote 2