Rllmuk Dungeons and Dragons 5e - Ghosts of Saltm... BZZzzzt - The Curse of Strahd!

Clipper

I'm currently feeling rather drowsy and thick-headed after my second vaccination, so at the mo I'm a bit 50/50 about tonight.  Will see how I feel closer to the time but if I don't make it, Ferrets' AI routine is to mistake doors for windows, wind up Samson about the ballista door thing and if it moves, shoot it (with sneak attack).

42 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

I'm currently feeling rather drowsy and thick-headed after my second vaccination, so at the mo I'm a bit 50/50 about tonight.  Will see how I feel closer to the time but if I don't make it, Ferrets' AI routine is to mistake doors for windows, wind up Samson about the ballista door thing and if it moves, shoot it (with sneak attack).

Feel better soon, dude! :(

Hope you feel better soon! I had my second jab yesterday too, and while my arm's finally stopped aching I'm also feeling a bit drowsy after a rubbish night's sleep. I'll still be on tonight, but Samson may be more subdued than normal.

33 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I have my second jab on Tuesday. You guys aren’t filling me with confidence here!

Oh I wouldn't worry, it's nothing much at all in the grand scheme of things, just foggy headed and not filled with joy at the prospect of having to think and interact with people (no offence!).

Seriously though while there was plenty of intrigue, there was no combat and everyone managed to get a nice long rest. If we did end up in a fight, I would have ended up controlling both Ferrets and Samson and that was never going to end well. :D

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

Not keen on how quiet it is.  Normally Hexx has posted a post sesh picture or something. Oh god, did I die? I died.  I bet it was Mogster's fault! He's had it in for me ever since that door.

It was a really good story and RP heavy session (the mystery still ticking in head as I tried to sleep). As Mogster says there was no combat (although some biting words) and don't think there was an obvious opportunity to die

The intrigue was thick and meaty last night. (I never know and always worry when we point out "flaws" in a mystery story if it's an actual written story bit we've correctly identified or it it's a weakness in the story that we're overly focusing on)

But also really hard to think a "moment" certainly one that could be imaged/gifed (which I do like to do after a session)

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

I am no mystery thriller writer in any way shape or form! My abilities to construct "watertight" intrigue is limited but I do ok and I get better the longer we go :D These days I very rarely have to hastily patch over big plotholes you spot :D(that was more common in Stomr Kings Thunder and Tomb of Annihilation). When you spot "holes" now there are usually reasons behind them you don't know yet. Similarly if plot threads don't go anywhere it is because the narrative has shifted elsewhere.

To be honest it may sometimes appear exposition heavy  (like this session) but all I do is put pieces and stuff in place. Coming back to town there was alot to address, the isle report, Eda's death, the council etc.  I react all the time to what the party do and how you deal with it so you completely influence the story as it progresses so it is a joint effort and you are all as responsible for the plot holes as me :D.

Most things that have happened in Saltmarsh so far are related to what the two parties have done.

I love the way you all react to it and its sometimes more fun than combat and dungeon crawling :D

I am.

I was just coming to post that I’d like to watch the football on Sunday with my son(s) (not sure the littlest will stay up for all of it) so won’t make Sunday. Sorry guys. 

42 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I couldn’t care less about the fooseball but if you guys want to miss Sunday then go ahead! 

This. Apart from the second part. Traitors. :quote:

Not fussed about watching, but looks like we're already at least two down.. Can't begrudge them though, it's not like this is a regular occurrence!

:lol:

Just a head’s up, my in-laws are visiting next weekend and I have just found out they are staying Sunday night as well. I’m not certain how me disappearing for a few hours Sunday evening will be received. I will sound out Mrs Sardan during the week and see how the land lies. 

9 minutes ago, Sardan said:

:lol:

Just a head’s up, my in-laws are visiting next weekend and I have just found out they are staying Sunday night as well. I’m not certain how me disappearing for a few hours Sunday evening will be received. I will sound out Mrs Sardan during the week and see how the land lies. 

Tell them it's a work meeting.:ph34r: