Last Gamer - biggest videogame collection on the planet?

On 25/01/2020 at 23:00, knightbeat said:

Everyone I knew pronounced it Sea-gah in the early 90s (including the staff at the Console Concepts import shop I used to annoy with questions). I suspect many early 90s fans first heard it pronounced Say-gah when playing Sonic 1.

There's a third way you could potentially say it: "Sir-ga", like the first E in "service", from the company's previous name "SErvice GAmes".

2 hours ago, Gord said:

It was always cvg for me.

Was CVG the first games mag to have a regular retro section? I remember being amazed when the 1-2 page Retro Computer Cabin feature was introduced in CVG 174 (May 1996), even though it was printed on yellow toilet paper in the Freeplay pull-out section.

10 hours ago, Isaac said:

N64 magazine was the most joyful magazine I remember, although maybe that was just nostalgia for the time.

This one:

latest?cb=20190701164518&path-prefix=en

Totally agree. I loved this magazine as a kid and had a huge collection.

Also thanks to that magazine I found a link to future publishing and the gamesradar forums and from there to edge!

On 25/01/2020 at 21:25, hub2 said:

My game 'collection' usually hovers around the 4/5 mark and then I get rid as 99% of games I do not re-play. I also do not collect anything like comics or memorabilia, BUT I did have a slight pang of envy when he mentioned his complete set of C+VG mags. 

However that segment of the video leads me to a VERY important question which might just mess up my entire world view:

"C and VG"

OR

"C plus VG"

I need to know.

It’s either CVG or C and VG

Only a proper fucking nutcase would say C PLUS VG

1 hour ago, skittles said:

Totally agree. I loved this magazine as a kid and had a huge collection.

Also thanks to that magazine I found a link to future publishing and the gamesradar forums and from there to edge!

This is basically exactly how I found this place too! 

I had every issue of that magazine until the PS2 came out.

This is weird. I’ve been watching this guy for years. assumed I found out about him through the forum yet everyone seems to be discovering him for the first time. I also thought he used to post on here too. I forget who I thought he was. But I must’ve got it all wrong.

Anyway, he’s not an electrician, or won the lottery. His ‘story mode’ series explains his back story. He just a legit fucking go getter

Yeah, from what I can tell, he just networks like fuck, and has contacts within Sega, Nintendo etc, and within the arcade market, who just want to see his collection increase. He regularly gets gifted seriously rare items that would move on eBay for tens of thousands of dollars.