rllmuk
mansizerooster

Last Gamer - biggest videogame collection on the planet?

This guy's collection has to be seen to be believed:

The guy is clearly so dedicated to games. I'd love to have a look around his collection. He's like the Willy Wonka of video games.

I see that he currently doesn't have the Guinness world record for the largest collection, but having seen a video of the current owner of that title, I'd say it's self-evident that this guy has a collection that absolutely dwarfs the record holder.

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

I just don’t see the point of owning that many games.

There's a point fairly early on where it becomes "a collection" and they essentially go from being games to just "things". They aren't there to be played, they're there to be owned and to tick a box on a spreadsheet. 

I don't see the point, but I don't see the point of collecting anything. Rach to their own, I suppose.

• Upvote 2

Aye, he mentions in that video that he doesn't believe in insurance.

Having a collection that size uninsured would give me serious heart palpitations.

Seriously though, just imagine being able to browse that place at your leisure, just having a go at literally any game as it took your fancy. Heaven.

He's said before that he was an electrician? I could be wrong. And that he just bought games with his money. I find that to be complete bullshit. He must have won the lottery or something like that if he could afford to rebuild his house to keep his games collection.

His house is massive, it's worth millions itself.

1 hour ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Wait, why is he pronouncing Sega like that? I would get paranoid and think I was wrong except all the games helpfully shouted it at me.

I haven't watched it but the channel has a 27-minute video all about that:

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Aye, he mentions in that video that he doesn't believe in insurance.

Having a collection that size uninsured would give me serious heart palpitations.

Neither do I. Generally speaking you only need insurance if you can’t afford to pay in full if something does go wrong. Longer term statistically you’ll be better off by not paying for it.

I've always pronounced it Sea-gah too so I was glad someone else did lol

In my reasoning you don't call it the Say-gah May-gah drive , though that's gonna get us proper off topic haha.

Anyway, the guy in the video used to run a games shop in the early 90s that sold imports, then he worked for an arcade operators for a while and learned how to fix/service arcade machines. He says the majority of his collection has come from via his connections he made when working in the industry. I could certainly believe that.

The price of those games has skyrocketed in the last 10 years, probably more return on an investment than anything a bank would give.

• Empathy 1

37 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I pronounce it like the voice in every logo on startup, so it's their fault if I'm wrong. :P 

Exactly!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dave7g said:

He's said before that he was an electrician? I could be wrong. And that he just bought games with his money. I find that to be complete bullshit. He must have won the lottery or something like that if he could afford to rebuild his house to keep his games collection.

His house is massive, it's worth millions itself.

electricians earn bundles, like plumbers and plasters do.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

Edge introduced us to this guy a few years ago.

He also has a Star Wars collection and is happily married to it.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

He also has a Star Wars collection and is happily married. I don’t understand.

Just to double check, to a person and not a love pillow?

7 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I don't see the point, but I don't see the point of collecting anything. Rach to their own, I suppose.

I know someone that collect pens. 

9 hours ago, Down by Law said:

I've always pronounced it Sea-gah too so I was glad someone else did lol

In my reasoning you don't call it the Say-gah May-gah drive , though that's gonna get us proper off topic haha.

So you call it the Sea-gah Mea-gah drive?

It popped up yesterday that a lightning strike fried everything in his house - including his entire arcade. Halfway through he explains that nothing has been insured because he  'doesn't believe in insurance'.