rllmuk
sandman

The Outsider

I couldn't find a thread for this.

Is anyone else watching it on Sky Atlantic?

Based on a Stephen King novel (which I haven't read) and starring Ben Mendelsohn and Jason Bateman. Its riveting stuff so far and is up to the usual HBO standards. Not sure if its going to go supernatural or not at this stage.

From what I've seen so far, definitely recommended

Yeah, I'm watching it. I have read the book and they're doing a very good job so far, though I'm puzzled at what the next 8 eps are going to cover as they've done about 1/3rd of the book in the first 2 eps alone!

Noticed that Jason Bateman directed the first episodes too, was impressed.

4 hours ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Yeah, I'm watching it. I have read the book and they're doing a very good job so far, though I'm puzzled at what the next 8 eps are going to cover as they've done about 1/3rd of the book in the first 2 eps alone!

I’ve ve only watched episode 1 so far, but thought the same thing. Very impressed by the first episode though. My wife was hooked too, although she kept asking me questions knowing I’ve read the book.

Episode 3

Spoiler

This has taken a real turn for the worst, actually gutted after such a strong opening to the show. Felt like the Stephen King-ness was turned up to 11. Went from creepy but grounded to silly X-files nonsense this week.

3 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Don't suppose this is on NowTV, is it? 

Yep, first three episodes, in line with what's been shown on Sky

24 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Really enjoyed episode 1! 

Hide contents

Who was the creepy guy watching the house?

I'm sure we'll find out.

Episode 3 spoiler

So the bad cop has now been 'cut' just like Terry Maitland was I assume. I'm guessing the child killer in the prison was also affected by this method as well.

Really enjoying the series so far but my god the video quality is shocking. It's like watching a pirate rip on SKY HD.

19 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Episode 3

Hide contents

This has taken a real turn for the worst, actually gutted after such a strong opening to the show. Felt like the Stephen King-ness was turned up to 11. Went from creepy but grounded to silly X-files nonsense this week.

Well I'm still gripped, although I hope the reveal doesn't disappoint after all the tension building.

Yeah, I’m not out it was just a big change probably partly due to the change in director (the actor who did the first two rocked it - I guess he learned a lot on Ozark) and the switch from it being from the perspective of the main guy to bringing in the wider story.