rllmuk
Robo_1

E3 2020 - Sony Not Attending

43 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Is it, though? It seems to end up with people getting awfully het up and calling each other cocksuckers and so on very quickly.

Well that's on them. I think it should be up for a bit of pondering anyway. It's mostly middle aged men around here and I don't really see any of that going on, but if that does indeed happen and someone starts calling people cocksucker whilst talking about what Sony not attending E3 could mean they'll most likely cop a ban and have plenty of people calling them out on it. I'd think that was more prevalent on younger poster biased forums.

I've done my wondering on the subject now anyway. Wasn't as much fun as I'd thought.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, amc said:

I've done my wondering on the subject now anyway. Wasn't as much fun as I'd thought.

What fun were you expecting? 

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

Demon's Souls remake. :)

That's GOT to be a nailed on thing I'd imagine.  Early life-cycle remaster that loads of people would get excited about.   Schedule it to drop where there's a Sony first party hole to fill.  Q1 2021?

They could even make it a Ps4 remaster so the people that invested in Ps4 aren't shafted in the drive for SSD speeds and shinies. 

On 14/01/2020 at 16:13, rafaqat said:

That's GOT to be a nailed on thing I'd imagine.  Early life-cycle remaster that loads of people would get excited about.   Schedule it to drop where there's a Sony first party hole to fill.  Q1 2021?

They could even make it a Ps4 remaster so the people that invested in Ps4 aren't shafted in the drive for SSD speeds and shinies. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a launch title, given the fact that Bluepoint was explicitly named in the Wired article.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Ah . All of the sudden next generation exclusives are shafting the userbase for the previous gen . Gotcha. I wonder what event could have caused this sudden concern . 

• Upvote 4

Does it matter if a company isn't part of another companys trade show? The end effect is they get a big stage and stream stuff to you - I guess some companies want to do that on their own terms rather than what tradition set out years ago. Nintendo broke it a while ago by ditching the live show and its working for them so I don't see why a company can't move their live show to another part of the year? If MS left and did the same I wouldn't see the controversy either - the only people who lose out from this are presumably the ESA? In the age of the internet and live streaming you don't need every console giant under one roof swinging their dicks out - just tune in when they have their shows and it'll save you staying up till 3am watching the Bethesda BS conference too!

anything that reduces the number of awkward as fuck don't know what to do with their hands developer presentations is a good thing

Rllmuk definitely needs a console wars forum, it's already getting silly and there's like 11 months to go!

No doubt there will still be plenty of PS5 games at the show anyway as the third parties all start revealing their wares. 

I wonder though, if they’re not going to reveal PS5 at E3 then when/where will they do that? Hopefully before E3.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

No doubt there will still be plenty of PS5 games at the show anyway as the third parties all start revealing their wares. 

I wonder though, if they’re not going to reveal PS5 at E3 then when/where will they do that? Hopefully before E3.

PS4 was February . There are strong rumours PS 5 will follow suit . 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Harsin said:

It’s quite funny watching various console warriors emerging from the virtual trees posting like the letters page in a 90s single format magazine; like the apocryphal Japanese soldiers on an island somewhere who never realised the war ended.

Yeah, they never realised the Americans won

s-l500.jpg

Oh say can you seeeeeeeee??????

It does seem a bit odd to leave Microsoft with a relatively easy opportunity to "win" E3 but maybe Sony felt that Microsoft didn't do much with the same opportunity last year so feel like it's a risk worth taking again. 

On the other hand maybe they have knowledge about how Microsoft's plans for owning a studio in Asia are shaping up and feel they won't be able to counteract Spencer walking out on stage and announcing the megaton acquisition of industry powerhouse Konami? 

As someone who enjoys the pomp of E3 it's a bummer. There's something enjoyable about three days of announcements of new games and reading about some unexpected title generating a lot of buzz. I get that people seem to like playing poundland Pachter and talking about how companies don't need E3 but I like the showiness of the whole thing. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bear said:

As someone who enjoys the pomp of E3 it's a bummer. There's something enjoyable about three days of announcements of new games and reading about some unexpected title generating a lot of buzz. I get that people seem to like playing poundland Pachter and talking about how companies don't need E3 but I like the showiness of the whole thing. 

I agree with all this. It’s great having those dates to look forward to when all the madness happens. Not so much now, if more companies decide to host their own events on random dates throughout the year. Ah well. Hopefully it means we’ll find out more about the PS5 before E3.

23 minutes ago, bear said:

It does seem a bit odd to leave Microsoft with a relatively easy opportunity to "win" E3 but maybe Sony felt that Microsoft didn't do much with the same opportunity last year so feel like it's a risk worth taking again. 

On the other hand maybe they have knowledge about how Microsoft's plans for owning a studio in Asia are shaping up and feel they won't be able to counteract Spencer walking out on stage and announcing the megaton acquisition of industry powerhouse Konami? 

Microsoft intend to buy out Konami?!?

E3 isn't really a known thing to anyone outside of us and the other gaming forums/ sites etc. No member if the general public would be able to tell you when it was and if they find out about something like Keanu at last year's, it will be through Facebook or Twitter or technology sections of other media, which they would find out in the same manner (but with less competing news) if they did it even a week earlier or later. 

I bloody love e3 and watching it with all on here but I can totally understand why they (or anyone else) wouldn't bother and just do their own thing or just use social media etc to get the messages out. 

Obvs still a shame but to assume it means they're DOOMED or the ps5 is the next 3DO or phantom is just crazy talk. 

2 minutes ago, b00dles said:

E3 isn't really a known thing to anyone outside of us and the other gaming forums/ sites etc. No member if the general public would be able to tell you when it was and if they find out about something like Keanu at last year's, it will be through Facebook or Twitter or technology sections of other media, which they would find out in the same manner (but with less competing news) if they did it even a week earlier or later. 

I bloody love e3 and watching it with all on here but I can totally understand why they (or anyone else) wouldn't bother and just do their own thing or just use social media etc to get the messages out. 

Obvs still a shame but to assume it means they're DOOMED or the ps5 is the next 3DO or phantom is just crazy talk. 

The 3DO was freaking awesome! Way ahead of the times. Which sadly was it's downfall.

6 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

The 3DO was freaking awesome! Way ahead of the times. Which sadly was it's downfall.

CD-i then?

5 minutes ago, b00dles said:

CD-i then?

We can agree there! What was that thing? 

32 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

They are looking at boosting their presence in Asia. Phil Spencer has spoken about it a few times in the past. 

The Konami thing is just something I made up, I thought the phrasing would have been enough to show I wasn't entirely serious. 

2 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

We can agree there! What was that thing? 

Both are better than the non existent console from infinium labs and you didn't even blink at that one :D

3 minutes ago, bear said:

They are looking at boosting their presence in Asia. Phil Spencer has spoken about it a few times in the past. 

The Konami thing is just something I made up, I thought the phrasing would have been enough to show I wasn't entirely serious. 

I noticed that Konami was promoting their 2020 version of PES at the Manchester United game, so they still have money to burn.

58 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Microsoft want that sweet sweet health club and pachinko money.

9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Agreed. But if Bloodborne 2 magically appeared from somewhere as launch PS5 I'd be in very, very serious trouble. 

Besides, I reckon we'll see a Bloodborne remaster with reinstated bosses and content before that.

I’d not doubt a remaster but they’ve not bothered adding anything to Dark Souls for the remaster, so I don’t see why they would with Bloodborne. With Scholar they had to in a desperate attempt to make it less shit.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

1 hour ago, PeteBrant said:

PS4 was February . There are strong rumours PS 5 will follow suit . 

Friday the 21st is the rumoured date.

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

They’ve already bought From.

• Downvote 1