rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Benny

The Official Rllmuk Game of the Year Awards 2019

AS A RESULT OF THE AWARDS, WHICH TOP 20 GAMES DO YOU THINK YOU WILL NOW PLAY?   

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Wow, so neither Days Gone, nor Star Wars made it in. Fair enough. 

Sony and EA right now

spacer.png

:D

Really enjoyed the lists as always !

• Upvote 2

Rllmuk Zeitgeist Award:

Like last year, none of you managed to get the full hat trick of all 5 of your votes hitting the top 5 games in the list, so those of you that got closest to bingo with 3 matches were:

strawdonkey, Hylian, Beezer, APM and imp

@strawdonkey was the first to get 3 matches, so is the Rllmuk Zeitgeist winner!

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Let’s be honest that’s a great top 20, I really must buy Slay The Spire. 

gamespass

I’ve played it on Game Pass but I’d like the Switch version as it seems like the best way to play it. I didn’t realise there is a mobile version. 

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’ve played it on Game Pass but I’d like the Switch version as it seems like the best way to play it. I didn’t realise there is a mobile version. 

isn’t yet. Thankfully. Soon...

6 minutes ago, footle said:

Then buy on Switch And mobile.

And then get it on Steam so you can play around with the beta stuff.

Ooh, I didn’t expect Katana Zero to be so close to the top 20! Given the quality of the winning games, I’m happy with that. :) 

• Upvote 1

Love the choice of, er, screenshot for Fallen Order there. Entirely accurate representation of the game's primary mode of transportation.

31. Pistol Whip

IllegalWeakBluebird-size_restricted.gif

I’m starting to come round to the idea that videogames might actually be starting to become murder simulators. I mean look at this.

32. Tom Clancy's The Division 2

gif-4-1.gif

Is literally the least interesting looking game I’ve ever clapped eyes on. I couldn't even find a fun gif.

dreamylittledream:

“Ubisoft manage to deliver a game that fails at being a GASS but delivers massively as a truly epic cover shooter.  Whilst I would never have been even vaguely arsed to chase yet another LMG, there is 70+ hours of really great single player shooter action here.  And it looks absolutely phenomenal. So sod the endhgame, enjout the masses of content provided.”

33. Crackdown 3

3462468-6396233771-giphy.gif

(Image shown may differ from actual game experience.)

Free on Game Pass. Just as well! Actually, Wiper likes it…

“Does exactly what it sets out to do, which is to live up to the original Crackdown’s design in every way. A game which presents you with a hundred different ways to solve the problem of ‘how to I best demolish this horde of enemies?’, all the while figuring out how you can bunny hop your way to the top of that convenient building over there.

Naturally got derided/ignored by the press because it focussed on actually being a fun time and not outstaying its welcome rather than trying to inexplicably bodge a dumb action game into an interminable morality play and/or overwrought simulation. Between it and Shenmue III, a very good year for old-school sandbox games!

The driving’s shit, mind.”

Skull Commander:

“This wasn't on my radar at all but it's exactly what I require from a game. Lots and lots of over the top fun with bags of replayability. Videogaming in it's purest form. Good updates added for free with extra content. Only negative was the rather poor multiplayer but with a single player experience like the one provided it really wasn't needed.”

• Upvote 7

I didn't vote too well, cos I'd not played a lot this year, but Id forgotten about Crackdown 3... says it all really

34. Wreckfest

BiodegradableVastDromaeosaur-size_restri

A 2018 game given a new lease of life now it’s out on consoles. Destruction Derby in all but name?

35. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

giphy.gif?resize=350,200&ssl=1

Modern borefare more like. Look, I get it, it’s gone back to the series’ roots and the multiplayer is the best it’s ever been yada, yada, yada. But honestly the single player parts are just so incredibly unpleasant to me these days. It’s not even shocking anymore, just try hard nonsense all over a game that literally fund arms manufacturers through its sales. And I’m really not down with that at all anymore.

36. A Plague Tale: Innocence

DemandingThickBorzoi-size_restricted.gif

Now this is something I can get down with: rats exploding from plague ridden corpses! A heartwarming tale of running away from an almost certain death that killed most of the population of Europe. I always assumed it was the disease that did it and not rats eating people to death but I stand corrected.

37. Mortal Kombat 11

glsm9wbp202jjgeypv7i.gif

And while we’re on the subject of senseless violence and death, everyone’s favourite on the very edge of taste brutal and bone crunching torture fighting game is back to tickle that worryingly fetishised murder gland. It's got Arnie in it though.

38. Blood & Truth

AnimatedWelltodoDog-size_restricted.gif

I mean, like, it’s not that I don’t like firing virtual guns, but I’m on a sort of non violent digital detox kick at the moment. I have a pamphlet if you’d like more information… Only £12.99 a month…

• Upvote 7

Oops, I buggered up the links that should have been in Wiper's Ace Combat 7 review. Now fixed. Please understand.

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

Have we had enough gifs on the page yet? I'm not sure.

The one for the Division doesn't seem to be working (unless that's the joke, of course...).

I've never even heard of Wreckfest. Is it online only?

5 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

The one for the Division doesn't seem to be working (unless that's the joke, of course...).

Same. It might be an hour-long gif of an 8 man team taking a few pixels off a raid boss. Probably not missing much.