rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Dudley

The Biggest Game Developer you've never heard of... Distinctive Software

Yeah, part 1 is something of an easing in to that, until I made the video I'd be the same.

Part 2's gonna get some people, part 4 will get literally everyone who has played video games.

15 hours ago, Soulstar said:

Oh right so there’s more to it. Will watch em when you’re done. 

Oh yeah, there's another 4 parts to get us right up to today, when they are still very much going.

Friday around end of the work day each week.

You could probably get out on the grounds they didn't do that port and so technically you've not played their code.

But you might as well get comfy for the other parts.

In Part 2, DSI are ready to unleash their first break through hit.  But it would start a chain of events that would eventually see a messy split with the publisher they called home.

Well they probably called them "Accolade" like everyone else but you get the point.

Find out how that happened in Part 2, The Test Drive Years.

• Upvote 3

In Part 3 DSI are homeless, destined to wonder the desert making ports and original driving games for various publishers, some more famous than others.  Will they find a new forever home? Find out in "The Wilderness Years"...

• Upvote 1

Good vids Dudley and the amount you put into them they obviously deserve a lot more views. I suppose you just need that one break to grow, then follow it up with click bait titles and someone gurning in the thumbnail. 

Talking of thumbnails, that one for the last part of your DSI series seems to have the new Tesla polygon truck driving around the track.

Appreciate the work you put in, these three above went nice with my mocha and custard doughnut this evening.

• Upvote 1

You’re not the only one to spot the cyber truck, it’s from a mod but the screenshot worked :)

The current series is already about as clickbaity as I go and the danger of gurning is very low I promise :)

Honestly the RG thing has been a huge break, I’ve near doubled subs in the last month and the first ep of this series was already my second best week one after the first mega drive mini episode and the timing of that meant it appeared in a crap load of searches I normally wouldn’t.

Reaching Endgame.

In Part 4 of "The Biggest Games Developer you've never heard of", Distinctive Software become EA Canada and go on to create 2 of the top 10 best selling video game series of all time...

And we reach the finale.

In "The Now Years" we look at where the key people from DSI ended up, including how DSI founder Don Mattrick managed to become the most notorious man in gaming. And TV. And Sports.