rllmuk
JohnC

Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet

Watched the first episode - it was ok-ish. I think Mac and Cricket got me through to be honest but I'm willing to stick with it for a few episodes. Surprised to see zero interest here on the day of release. 

I've enjoyed the first half of the season so far. It is always going to be compared to Silicon Valley, but so far they've avoided overlap. I like the cast and characters, so hoping this is the average first season that leads onto greater things.

I was a bit wary when I saw that it is a Ubisoft co-production. I'm sure the Sunny guys insisted on creative control, and there's been plenty of digs at mircotransactions etc - but then balanced out by "this is how the game is funded" themes.

Only watched the first episode so far and I like it.

If you’ve got Netflix check out the documentary Playing Hard about the development of For Honour, it’s this but real.  I went in expect a Ubisoft PR job and it really, really isn’t.  It’s the best document of being part of large scale game dev, some of its ubi specific but much of it rings true to my days of 100+ person teams.