rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
dumpster

The Masked Singer - ITV.

Aye this is top notch trash tv from watching the US one. 

Spoiler

T Pain winning season 1, proving he didn't need auto tune and was a great live singer was an awesome storyline.

Wayne Brady season 2 was sick but everyone knew it was him week 1.

I enjoyed the usa s1 + s2 - the costumes where great,  however the uk one isnt too bad from what I've watched.

However I do wonder on the caliber of celebs - I was kinda expecting all soap star/ reality stars but I was impressed they had a politician on at least.

Not really sure if ken works as well in the uk version but he seemed better in ep2.

I’m beginning to think Rita Ora might have an actual head injury. She’s by far the worst for the ‘Is it Tom Cruise/Helen Mirren/Barack Obama?’ style guesses.

But she outdid that by guessing that one of them might be jazz legend Miles Davies. It’s unlikely he would have done a show like this at the height of his fame,  even more unlikely now given that he’s been dead for nearly 30 years.

I look forward to the next show when she’ll probably excitedly declare that she thinks a person in a giant Furby costume is John Lennon.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Harsin said:

I’m beginning to think Rita Ora might have an actual head injury. She’s by far the worst for the ‘Is it Tom Cruise/Helen Mirren/Barack Obama?’ style guesses.

But she outdid that by guessing that one of them might be jazz legend Miles Davies. It’s unlikely he would have done a show like this at the height of his fame,  even more unlikely now given that he’s been dead for nearly 30 years.

I look forward to the next show when she’ll probably excitedly declare that she thinks a person in a giant Furby costume is John Lennon.

I think all of them need to dial it down a bit - no way will jamie fox etc be on this show! It was bad for guesses in the USA version at times too, but at least a bit more likely it could be some of those celebs.

Why’s he even there? Is it a contractual thing where they had to have someone off the US version? It’s not like he’s going to know who any our home grown D-listers are. I’m sure the actress who used to play Bianca in Eastenders was just about to trip off his tongue. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Why’s he even there? Is it a contractual thing where they had to have someone off the US version? It’s not like he’s going to know who any our home grown D-listers are. I’m sure the actress who used to play Bianca in Eastenders was just about to trip off his tongue. 

I guess the same reason Lindsey Lohan is on the Australian version? A bit of star presence.

But yeah i'd be surprised if he knew who any of these people where.

1 hour ago, Darhkwing said:

I guess the same reason Lindsey Lohan is on the Australian version? A bit of star presence.

But yeah i'd be surprised if he knew who any of these people where.

I can pretty much confirm he didn't. I'm Irish and I've watch UK tv all my life and I had absolutely no idea who that second fucker was.

Ken Jeong coming out with 'I happen to know Alan Shearer loves karaoke' is the biggest test of his acting ability so far, looking forward to see how amazed he looks when someone takes off their jester costume to reveal it's Will who came third on Love Island one year

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

It's part of his Changtract.

• Upvote 3

I stumbled upon this by accident on Saturday evening and for some reason I was unable to turn it off!!!!!

Naturally I had to watch last night too.:omg::omg::omg:

I was half delirious with a high fever last night. Watching something that's basically Hotline Miami crossed with X-Factor in that state was quite an experience.

I noticed on Saturday night that David Beckham, Idris Elba and Tony Blair were all trending and it was due to this. 

It’s compulsive viewing and going to save me £40 for the next few Saturday nights.

Check out the USA version if you can , you probably would know 50% or so of the celebs as there are a lot of singers/tv stars you might know.

They have used a disguised voice that resembles someone else that it might be but isn't.  So that one they revealed as a sportsperson has a voice changer that sounds like David Beckham.  

18 hours ago, Mercury said:

I noticed on Saturday night that David Beckham, Idris Elba and Tony Blair were all trending and it was due to this. 

It’s compulsive viewing and going to save me £40 for the next few Saturday nights.

is that what you normally spend on heroin?

I only saw 5 minutes of this, and it looked like a demented version of Through the Keyhole. And I fucking hate Through the Keyhole.

The "take it off, take it off" bit is fucking mental. It makes me feel uncomfortable when a crowd is chanting and pointing at an individual, even when it is innocuous.

1 hour ago, Loik V credern said:

In 20 years time people are going to have arguments over whether this show ever existed. I watched a bit lying on the sofa after a sunday dinner and it felt like a fever dream.

It will be like that bit in The Force Awakens where Han tells Finn and Rey that all the stuff from the OT actually happened.

The Tv spot for this had me lolling when they were saying stuff like "sir Ian Mckellan" when of course it would be some bloke from a boy band from 20 years ago at best.

4 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

In 20 years time people are going to have arguments over whether this show ever existed. I watched a bit lying on the sofa after a sunday dinner and it felt like a fever dream.

Nah, that's the show Justin Lee Collins hosted where he'd flip a coin over and over and guests would have to guess heads or tails.

4 hours ago, dug said:

The "take it off, take it off" bit is fucking mental. It makes me feel uncomfortable when a crowd is chanting and pointing at an individual, even when it is innocuous.

The contestants should walk around the audience afterwards, collecting notes in a pint glass for the full stripper at an 80’s workman’s club effect.

• Upvote 1

I’ve only been subjected to the Thai version (“The Mask Singer”) and it’s like a cheese and whisky nightmare. Not as bad as Animal Kwackers mind.

AB71CCCB-6031-4217-91AE-1EDBC22EC7AC.jpeg.782a942cd8dbb52ffed619840f56528c.jpeg

• Upvote 2