IGNORED

Monitors. What's yours?

Flub

For the last year I've almost exclusively gamed on PC. Up until last week I was using a rather pleasant 4k LG monitor (But mostly at 1440p) with a second 1080p monitor for other stuff.

Last week I decided to get myself a 1440p monitor and settled on this one

https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27BQ/

TUF Gaming VG27BQ HDR Gaming Monitor – 27 inch WQHD (2560x1440), 0.4ms*, 165Hz*, Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync, G-SYNC Compatible, Adaptive-Sync, HDR10

The freesync while not officially certified works fine on my Nvidia card. I've been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey exclusively for a while so haven't tried it out with much but earlier I took Warframe for a quick spin which looks frankly quite glorious in 144htz. I haven't managed to get HDR working yet. Even with it switched on in Windows Odyssey doesn't see it as a HDR display. Any suggestions for other games I could try?

So that's now my primary monitor with the 4k as my secondary. What are the rest of you rocking? Feel free to show off your mega TVs :)

Hmm, would've expected a few more replies to this. Is there a similar thread elsewhere on the forum?

I've been using a Dell U2410 for the last few years but the MacBook Pro I've been using for work since 2015 has soured me on the image quality and I've been spoilt with a three monitor setup at work too. I might end up using my LG OLED for gaming purposes too.

Before I got Stadia I mainly used this with Xbox One X:

LG 27UD58 27 inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor (3840 x 2160, 2x HDMI, DisplayPort, 250 cd/m2, 5ms, AMD Freesync)

But post-Stadia this opened up my LG OLED as a viable option connectivity wise and the proper HDR image makes it hard to go back. Lag is very decent too. 

I splurged last year and bought an ASUS ROG PG279. 

Still don't see the benefits of 4k on a PC screen at the moment, and I'm more than happy with having this one run everything nicely hooked to my PC.

G-sync is great, but it does do some really odd things on occasion - definitely do more fiddling on the settings more than I used to. But, it's well worth it.

Running two monitors atm. A https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-29WK600-Ultrawide-DisplayPort-Freesync/dp/B079YYB44B from my laptop I5 1060 6gb in the bedroom. It's decent enough, nothing earth shattering, I think I should have went for a higher resolution for an ultra wide but games that take advantage still look nice.

And a https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07P6S61TS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in the living room in extended with my main TV from a 2080TI. The 144hz is nice but I do tend to prefer running my games on my 65" 4K tv and mainly use the monitor for browsing whilst gaming on the big tv. Probably should have saved a few quid and just got a 60hz 1440p for the amount of gaming I've done on it. 

My main display is a Dell U3014 https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3014.htm A very nice 30" 1600p monitor. I use this for all non gaming related stuff.

For gaming I use a Acer XB270hu https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm which was the first to market 1440p 144Hz Gsync IPS display. I also have a LG C9 OLED which isn't half bad for gaming.

I'm currently using 2 x 27" LG 1440P monitors. Not sure on the models at the moment.

I have been looking to buy either a 4k or a ultrawide monitor. I think i might keep one of my 27" for gaming on and replace that in the future with a 4K so maybe an ultrawide is what i'm after at the moment. Needs to be 34" IPS  @1440P and preferably HDR but i'm not too keen on spending several hundred for it.

I have an LG M227WD, and a Dell P2214H. The LG is over a decade old at this point but still going strong, and I use it for consoles as well (outputting the sound to the PC speakers, because I'm not a monster). The Dell is half its age and is nothing special, it does the job I ask of it. At 22 inches, they both fit on my desk. That's what I really want.

I've no experience of any of the latest monitor tech, and as far as my bank balance is concerned, ignorance is bliss.

My PC is hooked up to a Dell S2716DG - a 27" 1440p 144Hz Gsync monitor.  The high frame rate is very nice (when I can find a game that isn't too demanding) , but its the G-sync that really makes the difference.  The smoothness and lack of tearing are brilliant.

And then for the One-X in the living room I have a 55" LG OLED, which I absolutely love.

My PC and PS4 are connected to a BENQ RL2455, it’s nothing fancy, 60hz, TN panel, but very low input lag and motion blur.

Xbox One X is connected to an LG OLED B8, it’s surprisingly good to play games on, much lower input lag than my older HD TV’s.

Upstairs my sons pc is connected to the same LG 4K monitor as @Flub and @Hass as his secondary display and an Alienware 240hz GSync monitor AW2518H.

I've got a ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q which can be seen here.

I had not built a PC in over 10 years so when I was eyeing up RTX cards and .M2 drives, I really didn't give a Monitor a seconds thought. A friend at work convinced me to not just go all in with a 4K Monitor nor a base level Monitor, but actually go to a shop or to anyone who owns one and take a look.

I'm so glad I did as before I knew it, I could see the diffrence between 1080p and 2K but couldn't see much diffrence between 2K and 4K. I originally thought a 60Hz monitor was more than enough but just simply moving your mouse cursor on the Windows 10 desktop, you can see the diffrence between a 60Hz and a 165Hz rate along with an IPS screen vs a traditional LCD screen.

I feel that was one of the best 16:9 2K monitor I could buy early this year and it should last me  a long time. When GPU's can be had for around £500 and power a 4K monitor monitor reliably past 60FPS then I'll refresh this Asus.

Eitherway, a big thumbs up from me if anyone else is considering.

IMG_0516

1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

I have this one: AORUS AD27QD 27" 2560x1440 144Hz IPS FreeSync/G-Sync Tactical Gaming Monitor.

I use it on my PC and my Xbox One X is also hooked up to it. I didn't appreciate how much of a difference having a decent monitor would make.

I got exactly the same one recently, what a revelation, all these years gaming on a ViewSonic 21" monintor. 

16 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

My main display is a Dell U3014 https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3014.htm A very nice 30" 1600p monitor. I use this for all non gaming related stuff.

For gaming I use a Acer XB270hu https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm which was the first to market 1440p 144Hz Gsync IPS display. I also have a LG C9 OLED which isn't half bad for gaming.

I use the same Acer monitor as my main screen with two Dell U2715H's for the side monitors:

IMG_2658.thumb.JPG.5728853bf4f42761b5cc25086121c1bb.JPG

I've also just bought a 65" C9 for the living room :D

19 hours ago, JoeK said:

I splurged last year and bought an ASUS ROG PG279. 

Still don't see the benefits of 4k on a PC screen at the moment, and I'm more than happy with having this one run everything nicely hooked to my PC.

G-sync is great, but it does do some really odd things on occasion - definitely do more fiddling on the settings more than I used to. But, it's well worth it.

Same monitor as me. 165hz OC is nice and IPS make the colour/contrast look great.

I also won a 1080p 144hz TN Iiyama Red Eagle for coming 1st place at a Mario Kart 8 time trial tournament.

I have an LG 27UL650. As a multi-purpose screen I use for PC and consoles it's good, albeit a stopgap solution whilst I wait for what I actually want.

Apparently LG will be releasing 48" 4K OLEDs this year, so it's possible I'll be able to fit one of those in my limited space; need to get the tape measure out. 

Panasonic 40" LED TV HD

I have it on my desk for use with my PC and on occasion the XB1, I would love a gaming monitor but as 50% of the time I use it to watch shows and films I like having a big screen and those large 120hz monitors are way to much for me currently.