rllmuk
ngchol

RLLMUK'S FAVOURITE ALBUMS OF 2019 - RESULTS!

18 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Nope, I'd never even heard of him before. On a first listen, it sort of reminded me of the Jon Hopkins album from 2018 (I think) that everyone raved about, although a bit more stripped back.

I'll give it another go, but I'm being ruthless with my music listening this year. If I don't gel with it after five listens then it's oot. I've wasted far too much time trying to force myself to like something just because it's at the top of lists like this one.

I gave it a fair few listens and it didn’t really grab me either, the Jon Hopkins comparison is fair too I’d say although I really love Jon Hopkins, this just sounded like a poor version of Singularity to me (the album you mentioned) but then that’s one my favourite albums of the last few years so any comparison is likely to come off worse I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Come and see my band Jamie ;)

https://m.facebook.com/ToolShedUK/

Shameless plug over!

Ha, sounds good!

After a few more listens, the Tool album is a dead cert. I'll be picking it up for sure. It'll be the first prog metal album in my collection...

15 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Ha, sounds good!

After a few more listens, the Tool album is a dead cert. I'll be picking it up for sure. It'll be the first prog metal album in my collection...

It's amazing mate, are you a fan of their earlier stuff too?

We have one FI song in the set already and another two which will probably make it into the shows we're playing on our Feb/March tour.  Where abouts are you in the country?

8 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

It's amazing mate, are you a fan of their earlier stuff too?

We have one FI song in the set already and another two which will probably make it into the shows we're playing on our Feb/March tour.  Where abouts are you in the country?

Nope - I'd heard about them before but have never listened to any of their stuff.

I'm in Devon.

15 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Nope - I'd heard about them before but have never listened to any of their stuff.

I'm in Devon.

If you want to listen to some more, Lateralus (album) is a great starting place, but it's all pretty much amazing. 

Our Bristol show will be closest to you if you're up for it:

https://m.facebook.com/events/589017535217723

• Upvote 1