rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

PlayStation Plus Games for January 2020

First time that’s happened - I’ve both games already.

• Empathy 1

Nathan Drake Collection is a good one. Disappointing personally as I bought it ages ago. Goat simulator I also own and it’s shit. 

Tried the demo of Nathan Drake Collection a little while back and was unimpressed, as it felt too much like a PS3 game (not too big a surprise, you might say.) 

The first one definitely shows its age now, and 2 is on the line, but 3 is great fun.

I don't recommend doing them all back to back, though. I did, and then 4, and fuck me it wore me out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Are the remasters still bullet spongey tedium?

Yep

Literally 3 of the best games ever made ever, given away for free.

Microsoft can have Gamepass, games with gold, they could give away the entire MS Store and they wouldn't have a single game that would be better than Sony's PlayStation Plus offering this month, that's why PlayStation will always be king.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 6

14 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Microsoft can have Gamepass, games with gold, they could give away the entire MS Store and they wouldn't have a single game that would be better than Sony's PlayStation Plus offering this month, that's why PlayStation will always be king.

Said the SDF. ;)

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Wow. That's...quite something. :blink2:

• Upvote 2

Uncharted 1 one of the best games ever made :lol: It wasn't even one of the best games released in 2007, let alone 13 years later.

• Upvote 6

Of the three original Uncharted games I'd class the first as the best. For me the Island was just such a fantastic setting. 

• Upvote 2

All three games have their moments but they are all ruined by the sheer number of people you have to kill to complete them.  

Nathan Drake’s body count over the series of games isn’t that far off from Stalin’s.

• Upvote 6

I played through that collection shortly after it released on PS4 and while they're fun enough they did feel pretty dated. I think having played them back when the spectacle was fresh might have helped.

I like the third one the best; still far too many overlong and tedious shooting sections but the melee combat was greatly improved and it teases some genuinely interesting environmental puzzles involving Nate's notebook sketches. I've not gotten around to the fourth yet to see if it builds on those cool puzzles but I expect to see it on PSPlus before this year is out.

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

All three games have their moments but they are all ruined by the sheer number of people you have to kill to complete them.  

Nathan Drake’s body count over the series of games isn’t that far off from Stalin’s.

They're not real people.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

U ok hun?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Welcome back Soong :)

• Upvote 2

Don’t anyone tell gooner about that digital foundry video on the next gen consoles, he’ll explode.

I've never found the will to finish an Uncharted game, I just find that there's something really hollow and unsatisfying about them.

I felt like The Last of Us added a weight (from both a gameplay and narrative perspective) which made it a far superior videogame in every way.

• Upvote 6

Uncharted is (are) great, but pretty much everyone in the world must have played it (them) by now.

Goat Simulator looks like the kind of game that 90% of people won't even bother downloading.

Did Sony go over their bandwidth allowance last month? They seem to be going out of their way to keep uploads to a minimum this month.

I still think PS+ is worth the money, good month/bad month.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I've never found the will to finish an Uncharted game, I just find that there's something really hollow and unsatisfying about them.

I felt like The Last of Us added a weight (from both a gameplay and narrative perspective) which made it a far superior videogame in every way.

uncharted 4 had a bit more depth to it than the previous ones I felt. Not as much as Last of Us though. 

13 hours ago, Timmo said:

Press forward, jump when prompted, interspersed with the occasional gun fight.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy had a bit more weight to the characters and gunfights which made them more satisfying to play. The last chapter of Lost Legacy's properly brilliant, it's like the best of all the games rolled into one amazing hour. Terrific gunfights, vehicle chases and a great set piece finish to top it all off.

• Upvote 2

I've never played an uncharted game, so this is good for me. I'll probably play goat simulator once.

• Upvote 1