rllmuk
CovisGod

What’s the most amount of times you’ve bought the same game?

Minecraft - WiiU, iOS, Xbox One, PC and Switch

Street Fighter IV - 360 OG, 360 Super, PS3 Super, PS3 Arcade (digital), PS3 Ultra (digital and then physical), 3DS, PS4 Ultra and Steam Ultra. I think I have a problem...?!

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

10 hours ago, StoooTube said:

Street Fighter IV - 360 OG, 360 Super, PS3 Super, PS3 Arcade (digital), PS3 Ultra (digital and then physical), 3DS, PS4 Ultra and Steam Ultra. I think I have a problem...?!

Nah. You're good...

Super Street Fighter II: Turbo - PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2, CPS-2 (chipped in with a chum for his arcade cab), GBA (I know - but it's in the title), 360, PS3, Switch and PS4.

Honourable mentions:

Tetris - GB, SNES, DS, PS4 (Effect / PPT), PC (PPT) and Switch (PPT, '99)

Street Fighter III: Third Strike - PS2, Xbox, 360, PS3, PS4 and Switch.

Mario 64 - JP N64 , US N64, Shindou, DS, Wii and Wii U.

OutRun 2 / C2C / OA - Xbox, PS2, PSP, PC, PS3 and 360.

Rez / HD / Infinite - Dreamcast, PS2, 360, PS4 and PC.

• Upvote 2

One of the Street Fighters - I suspect its Street Fighter Zero III. Let's see... 

I got the Saturn version with the ROM cart, which was right at the end of the console's life but still cost me about £70. I'd mithered the shop (Raven Games I think?) about it so much, they phoned me on the day it came in to reassure me they were posting it out special delivery. 

I also got the PS1 version for playing round at my mates' houses. I poured scorn on it for its lack of animation and the crap pad and smaller character roster. But still caned it. 

I bought the GBA version which is fantastic apart from the fact it's unplayable on a GBA :D

I got the Dreamcast version when it was cheap, so I could use the expensive stick I'd bought with it. 

I bought the PSP version which is fantastic apart from the fact it's unplayable on a PSP :D

Recently bought the 30th anniversary collection on Switch. Then again on PC in a sale. 

Someone ought to stop me... 

giphy.gif.ff61dc6bacc46a6b626af3e43582009c.gif

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Resi 4 - gamecube, ps2, 360, xb1, Switch

Resi 4 for me too. Gamecube, Wii, 360, PS3, PS4. Just completed it on the PS4 recently and don't regret a single one of those purchases

And then Super Mario World.

Snes, GBA, Wii, 3DS. 

There are a fair few SNES games I have bought a few times as they have been released on the VCs, LTTP, F-Zero, Super Castlevania. Super Metroid I've owned a lot but never completed. I was enjoying it on the 3DS but it prompted me to get Samus Returns which I am playing at the moment. I'll get to it though

Resident Evil 4 for sure. It's like that statistic about rats and London; I can never be more than two metres away from Los Ganados at any given time. 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Mario 64 - JP N64 , US N64, Shindou, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.

3DS version HOW and WHERE? I've been wanting it ever since the 3DS came out!

I've had BulletStorm on PS3, Xbox360, Xbox One & PS4.

It's a really easy game to pick up and play and the challenge levels keep me coming back.

Have yet to try it on Switch.

2 hours ago, deKay said:

3DS version HOW and WHERE? I've been wanting it ever since the 3DS came out!

Im pretty sure I’ve seen it myself having bought a 3DS this year and browsing for games. 

Im not one for falling into this trap and have bought FFXII twice and that’s it. Once on then ps2 then on the PS4 when the remaster came out and only then did I  go for that is because I hadn’t gotten round to playing the original. 

Nintendo games, especially Mario's and Zelda's. Currently waiting for Mario 3d World and Skyward Sword to hit Switch at some point soni can buy them again (fingers crossed).

32 minutes ago, Soulstar said:

Im pretty sure I’ve seen it myself having bought a 3DS this year and browsing for games.

You’re not thinking of the shit DS Mario 64 fan parody hack that Nintendo officially released?

My biggest hopes for the 3DS were ports of Mario 64 and Tony Hawk and as far as I’m aware neither happened. If Mario 64 *was* released someone point me at where and I will buy at a high price.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

You’re not thinking of the shit DS Mario 64 fan parody hack that Nintendo officially released?

My biggest hopes for the 3DS were ports of Mario 64 and Tony Hawk and as far as I’m aware neither happened. If Mario 64 *was* released someone point me at where and I will buy at a high price.

After quickly looking, I think it was just a DS port rather than a 3DS port. 

Does it still count if you bought the same game multiple times as part of a collection, rather than to play? If so, I have 9 versions of Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast alone. Plus probably another 9 versions across GC, PC and Xbox.

• Upvote 1