Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

You can get Hitman 2 Xbox version for £10.99 or the PC version for £5.49 both at CDKeys. The Hitman 1 games are around the same price.

If it works the same as last time, this means you should be able to play those games in the Hitman 3 base downloaded from the store (which will be a free download) for no extra cost. So (kind of) next gen Hitman for a cut price.

4 minutes ago, Timmo said:

You can get Hitman 2 Xbox version for £10.99 or the PC version for £5.49 both at CDKeys. The Hitman 1 games are around the same price.

If it works the same as last time, this means you should be able to play those games in the Hitman 3 base downloaded from the store (which will be a free download) for no extra cost. So (kind of) next gen Hitman for a cut price.

Nice! Sounds great aye! 

12 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yeah i have hitman 1 and all the base levels are there to play via 2 but i dont have the legacy pack (which is £32) which gives upgrades to hitman 1 in the HM2 game engine. So fuck knows whats going on. 

There is another Hitman 1 download (which is an additional 32gb) which says it gives access to the opening level or something, and i can install this as well but whats the point if i have access and i dont want the games to take up any more space. 

At this point im ready to just give up. Hitman 2 already is taking up over 90gb 

Don't worry about the size too much, IO have been making a big deal about how they've used new compression to bring the size of the entire 3 games down to less than 100gb.

I think you're confused what the legacy pack is (the whole process is confusing, I agree). The legacy pack is just something you buy if you own Hitman 2 but didn't own Hitman 1 and want the Hitman 1 levels in the Hitman 2 client as it saves you having to download the Hitman 1 client as well. It doesn't give any other upgrades. If you can already play the Hitman 1 levels in the Hitman 2 client, you don't need anything else, you're already getting the upgraded versions.

Basically, there is nothing more you need to do right now. There are so many confusing options on the store because of the piecemeal way it was all rolled out, many of them are going to be irrelevant to different people depending on what they bought and in what order.

I still don't know if I'll be able to play my Steam levels on Epic, or if I need to just wait a year for exclusivity to expire. I've concluded that I'm just going to wait until release and then see what the Internet has discovered.

I just bought the Gold Editions of Hitman 1 and 2 for a tenner each in the Christmas sale. I want to support this studio that was booted by Square-Enix and now self-publishing which I respect a lot. More studios should start doing this instead of bending over for their corporate overlords. 

6 minutes ago, Majora said:

Don't worry about the size too much, IO have been making a big deal about how they've used new compression to bring the size of the entire 3 games down to less than 100gb.

I think you're confused what the legacy pack is (the whole process is confusing, I agree). The legacy pack is just something you buy if you own Hitman 2 but didn't own Hitman 1 and want the Hitman 1 levels in the Hitman 2 client as it saves you having to download the Hitman 1 client as well. It doesn't give any other upgrades. If you can already play the Hitman 1 levels in the Hitman 2 client, you don't need anything else, you're already getting the upgraded versions.

Basically, there is nothing more you need to do right now. There are so many confusing options on the store because of the piecemeal way it was all rolled out, many of them are going to be irrelevant to different people depending on what they bought and in what order.

Thanks for this. 

I'm going to start playing through them again, not buying 3 just yet though. By the time I finish the campaigns for 1 and 2 I'm guessing 3 will be about £10..:lol:

21 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yeah i have hitman 1 and all the base levels are there to play via 2 but i dont have the legacy pack (which is £32) which gives upgrades to hitman 1 in the HM2 game engine. So fuck knows whats going on. 

There is another Hitman 1 download (which is an additional 32gb) which says it gives access to the opening level or something, and i can install this as well but whats the point if i have access and i dont want the games to take up any more space. 

At this point im ready to just give up. Hitman 2 already is taking up over 90gb 

I’m guessing the legacy pack gives you a licence. It would be wrong to buy hitman disc for 12 quid then sell it but still have it, for example.

My upgrade path was...

Hitman 2016 on ps plus.

Hitman 2 starter pack (free) to play Hitman 2016 within via Hitman the legacy pack which was free because I own Hitman 2016.

Bought the GOTY legacy pack upgrade for 2016.  (£7.99)

Hitman 2 full game (£12.09)

Hitman 2 Expansion Pass (£6.59)

...then I pre ordered Hitman 3 for £55

I'm lost.

I have just purchased the expansion pass for 2, which gives you New York and Haven Island but cant access them through the PS NOW version of the game. Can I only play that content if I play it alongside my purchased copy of Hitman 2? I was going to re-buy it digital anyway so when 3 lands I can have everything from 2 running as Legacy but this seems a bit shit that you cant play additional purchased content through the PS NOW version.

Is that right or am I missing something?

@Vemsie in looking at his watch at the end our boy nailed 10k in the snow in 36 minutes :wub:

I've deleted all versions of H2 from my console as it looks like there was a PS Now version aswell as the version from the free started pack. Different icons, different storage sizes, separate load options, with one of them holding the PS Now logo beside it. All I really want to do at the moment is play New York and Haven Island for the first time on through H2 so hoping that the re-downloaded PS Now version with the separately purchased expansion DLC will get me that. I will worry about the legacy transfer next week.

And of course H3 digital has been pre-ordered :omg:

23 minutes ago, Majora said:

This was such an incredibly cool trailer as well. The nostalgia :wub:

Indeed it is. I forgot it was in 2016, so playing the training missions again and seeing this pop-up afterwards, was :wub:

23 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Yes! :)

That’s very cool and is a good incentive to buy H3 even though I’ve just start H1 (via H2 Starter Pack). Which probably means buying H2 in the sale too. These guys know what they’re doing to make people part with cash :D.

Right, I think I've worked it out now but do have a further question. I have H2 downloaded through PS Now so can access the first mission and the expansion DLC I bought this morning. All the other core missions are red and when I click on them it tells me I need to downloaded the Free Starter Pack. So when I do that I should now have access to the entire H2 campaign using the PS Now 'license' as the foundation for it.

My question is, do I need to purchase the full H2 game (Gold edition it shows up as in store for £14.99) if I want to export everything so it can be played in H3 or can I use the PS Now 'license' when H3 lands to do this? Seems odd they would allow people to use their PS Now access to future proof H3 for legacy but I am no doubt getting this all wrong. Please set me right lads :)

So, Hitman 1 and 2 on Xbox One or PS4?

I'll be running on Xbox Series X or PS5.

Which console do we think we will provide the wow factor and therefore decide which machine to get Hitman 3 on.

2 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

So, Hitman 1 and 2 on Xbox One or PS4?

I'll be running on Xbox Series X or PS5.

Which console do we think we will provide the wow factor and therefore decide which machine to get Hitman 3 on.

For what it's worth, Hitman 2 on Xbox One X ran a fair bit better than it did on PS4 Pro. But I'd expect Hitman 3 to be very similar on both next-gen machines. The wow factor, if any, will come from PSVR, but no-one really knows how good that's going to be.

20 hours ago, MardiganX said:

Right, I think I've worked it out now but do have a further question. I have H2 downloaded through PS Now so can access the first mission and the expansion DLC I bought this morning. All the other core missions are red and when I click on them it tells me I need to downloaded the Free Starter Pack. So when I do that I should now have access to the entire H2 campaign using the PS Now 'license' as the foundation for it.

My question is, do I need to purchase the full H2 game (Gold edition it shows up as in store for £14.99) if I want to export everything so it can be played in H3 or can I use the PS Now 'license' when H3 lands to do this? Seems odd they would allow people to use their PS Now access to future proof H3 for legacy but I am no doubt getting this all wrong. Please set me right lads :)

You’ve completely lost me and I’m not going to lie , after I decided I wanted all of it it took a few days to actually figure out an upgrade path and make sure I wasn’t missing anything. It’s very complicated but the easiest thing is to go through the game menu.

Haven island has a dart gun to unlock which is what I’m aiming for.

15 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

You’ve completely lost me and I’m not going to lie , after I decided I wanted all of it it took a few days to actually figure out an upgrade path and make sure I wasn’t missing anything. It’s very complicated but the easiest thing is to go through the game menu.

It is very confusing but hopefully we'll get some clarity in the next couple of days.

For now I think it's best to assume that if you have access to play Hitman 1 or 2 or DLC levels in any capacity (disc, digital) then you will be able to import them into Hitman 3. If you don't have access to them then the new game will provide some way for you to buy them. Exactly how it will work is TBC.

20 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

That's reassuring because I still don't really understand it myself :) I can play all of Hitman 2 now, including the NY and Haven Island DLC, through the PS Now version of the game but it took a lot of individual and manual downloading of content to get it working. 

My question was, is this set-up where you access Hitman 2 through the PS Now version going to allow me to export everything so I can access it all through Hitman 3 when it launches?

EDIT - What @Garwoofoo said :D

I'm very bad at this game, in that if I want to actually achieve anything I have to follow the mission stories at the moment. I couldn't even work out how to do anything interesting in the tutorial level for Hitman 2 as there were no mission stories there (at least, not immediately) - in the end, I just shot the target in the head from a balcony! I've gone back to Hitman 1 now and am playing from the start. Should probably look at some tips and have a lot more practice.

4 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I'm very bad at this game, in that I only seem to be able to follow the mission stories. I couldn't even work out how to do anything interesting in the tutorial level for Hitman 2 as there were no mission stories there - in the end, I just shot the target in the head from a balcony! Should probably look at some tips.

I find setting the Mission Stories to minimal gives me the best balance - it means it flags things as you stumble across them, then gives you tips as to what you should be doing, but doesn't give you a giant green icon telling you exactly where to go. In the process of working these out, I usually stumble across other interesting opportunities.

Generally though I flip through the Challenge list and find interesting things to attempt from there. Completing challenges increases your Mastery level which in turn opens up new starting locations and unlocks, further increasing your options.

The first level of Hitman 2 has quite a lot of kills where you can really only do them within a specific time-window and once you miss your chance the opportunity has gone. Given it's a very small-scale level, the best thing to do is probably just to follow the whole routine of the couple from start to finish once they arrive at the house. Once their routine ends (and it ends very obviously) you'll have an easy kill and more knowledge about what you could plan in subsequent playthroughs. Check out what is on the roof in particular.

A lot of the time you might not get the amazing kills on the first try because they are time-specific and you need to be able to anticipate them. So it's often about taking the knowledge you get about the level and routines and putting them into practice on subsequent playthroughs. 

Also, always take the time to listen to NPC conversations in full if you can. They drop so many silly heavy-handed hints it's hilarious ("he loves this food stand, he says the food is to DIE for") etc

Those heavy-handed dialogue hints are obviously intended to be funny, and yes they're hilarious. See also: the conversations 47 has in disguise with his victims. I remember this bit on the racetrack level while disguised as a doctor:

47's target whose visiting the doctor: "I hope you can also do something about this pain in my neck I've been having"

47 disguised as her doctor: "Don't worry, once I'm done you won't feel a thing"

At some point he hooks her up to an IV which I have filled up with an extract from a very poisonous plant:

Target: "What's in this IV anyway?"

47: "Oh, belladonna, and X and X." Target"Belladonna? Isn't that poisonous? Should I be worried?"

47: "I'm not"

Target: 'Oh that's okay then I guess"

Everyone always highlights the incredible level design and gameplay, but these games also deserve all the credit for their brilliantly funny writing.