Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

10 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

No, it'll work with the disc version too. When they released Hitman 2, they patched the first game so you could do an export process. I'm sure they'll do the same with Hitman 2 for the third game.

That sounds much better :) talk to me about this. I have the disc version and everything installed, saved, etc. on the HD so I need to export something so Hitman 3 recognises it?

15 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

That sounds much better :) talk to me about this. I have the disc version and everything installed, saved, etc. on the HD so I need to export something so Hitman 3 recognises it?

Yep.

When Hitman 2 came out, owners of Hitman 1 could boot their game and select an option from the menu to export the levels as a "Legacy Pack". Hitman 2 then recognised that and you could play those levels in the second game. You could uninstall Hitman 1 after that if you wanted. (Folk who didn't have Hitman 1 could buy the Legacy Pack as DLC straight from the store).

It'll probably be the same thing for exporting Hitman 2 levels, although they haven't announced anything officially yet about exactly how it will work. Keep it installed for now and I'm sure we'll all find out in the next few days.

1 hour ago, Ry said:

You don't get all the other levels though. Still need to have bought 1 and 2. 

I hope...as I would just have bought 3.

Yeah, wrote that not long after waking up.

But to anyone coming in new, the previous games are well-worth it. Every level has at least a few hours of replay value.

19 minutes ago, glb said:

But to anyone coming in new, the previous games are well-worth it. Every level has at least a few hours of replay value.

I'd go further than that - they are both stone-cold classics, and there isn't a single bad level in either game (or the DLC). Even the training levels are brilliant!

There's also an insane amount of stuff to do. Anyone coming in fresh to this with three full games worth of content is in for such a treat.

5 minutes ago, Pug said:

Will Hitman 2 need to be on the main SSD to work properly on 3?  (PS5)

As above, you'll probably need to do some sort of export process then you can delete Hitman 2. I think they've said they've got the install size for all three games in the new engine down to around 100GB, which is actually smaller than Hitman 2 alone, so hopefully you will be OK.

50 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I'd go further than that - they are both stone-cold classics, and there isn't a single bad level in either game (or the DLC). Even the training levels are brilliant!

There's also an insane amount of stuff to do. Anyone coming in fresh to this with three full games worth of content is in for such a treat.

This is the truth and stone cold fact. Brilliant games, with the most replay value of anything I've seen this generation which doesn't involve multiplayer.

22 minutes ago, Loony Jetman said:

If I buy the PS5 physical version, can I play on PS4 until I get a PS5?

You will get a free digital copy of the PS4 version if you buy the PS5 one on physical or digital. This is also required for the VR mode.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

True-facts.

My advice to anyone, and this is coming from someone who didn’t get on with Hitman games before 2016, take your time. Just wandering around the levels can reveal so much. Thankfully the game encourages such exploration with its different missions, escalations and mastery requirements.

You can then go to the leaderboards and marvel at some of the speed runs. Or just go on YouTube and watch bigMooney doing a kill everyone run. Innit.

Just now, glb said:

True-facts.

My advice to anyone, and this is coming from someone who didn’t get on with Hitman games before 2016, take your time. Just wandering around the levels can reveal so much. Thankfully the game encourages such exploration with its different missions, escalations and mastery requirements.

You can then go to the leaderboards and marvel at some of the speed runs. Or just go on YouTube and watch bigMooney doing a kill everyone run. Innit.

Or watch MrFreeze running through a Master SASO like he's playing on casual difficulty.

3 minutes ago, Danster said:

Or watch MrFreeze running through a Master SASO like he's playing on casual difficulty.

It's a funny one as generally you don't need to be 'good' and have great reflexes etc like with some games - being patient, understanding the systems and being observant should let you get the best ratings. I say 'should' as there's always a chance a guard comes around a corner unexpectedly or one small error turns it into a John Wick film.

Prettier looks and improved performance are very welcome, but no doubt the biggest QOL improvement will be playing on a Series or PS5 and having instant restarts for your Silent Assassin attempts. Those SSDs are game changers.

1 hour ago, Danster said:

Tangent, but it’s daft IO haven’t sent him and a few of the other channels that have been offering a huge amount of Hitman content a preview copy of 3.

Hoping Giant Bomb get Vinny involved with their Quick Looks. Their Hitman content has been consistently good. Maybe Dan will make a guest star return.

2 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

As above, you'll probably need to do some sort of export process then you can delete Hitman 2. I think they've said they've got the install size for all three games in the new engine down to around 100GB, which is actually smaller than Hitman 2 alone, so hopefully you will be OK.

Pretty sure you will need to re-download everything once you have claimed the content in Hitman 3. 

Been playing this again after not giving it much time a couple of years ago, seems better than I remember playing it on PS5 and just exploring the maps one at a time

I see the New York and Haven Island maps are in the sale until the weekend, are they considered to be good maps?

And is Patient Zero worth bothering with?

4 minutes ago, Gorf said:

Been playing this again after not giving it much time a couple of years ago, seems better than I remember playing it on PS5 and just exploring the maps one at a time

I see the New York and Haven Island maps are in the sale until the weekend, are they considered to be good maps?

And is Patient Zero worth bothering with?

I played New York and Haven Island for the first time just a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. They're at least in the top half of all the maps across both games.

Patient Zero puts some nice twists on four existing Hitman 1 maps but I'd probably only pick it up if it was super cheap if you're buying it separately. They're quite small-scale and short missions.

Finished Patient Zero tonight.

I found it quite difficult but the 3rd mission is a sniper mission where you have to listen to descriptions of your targets and make sure you get the right one which is cool.

I thought the final level was done really well. Infected patient who will infect others if you leave it too long. Felt like the early days of Wuhan.

Haven island is a great map. The New York one is quite small and I think it only has one target.

Just in general the way they set the locations up makes me rub my hands together and it’s always fun to explore.

So the PS5 version is backwards compatible and gives you the PS4 too. 

Is the PS4 version, erm, forwards compatible? Don't own a PS5 yet, but could buy H3 for the PS4 if so. 

I'm saying this because I'm presuming doubt the PS5 version is going to be more expensive, either physically or digitally. 

2 hours ago, Parksey said:

So the PS5 version is backwards compatible and gives you the PS4 too. 

Is the PS4 version, erm, forwards compatible? Don't own a PS5 yet, but could buy H3 for the PS4 if so. 

I'm saying this because I'm presuming doubt the PS5 version is going to be more expensive, either physically or digitally. 

According to the store description, yes.

Im still a bit confused by the whole exporting thing.

I bought Hitman 2 on digital but i was thinking of buying the first game on disk (its much cheaper than on xbox store) so can i put the disk in for Hitman 1 and install the game then export it to Hitman 2? So i can then remove the disk and never use it again?

Then if i buy Hitman 3 can i export all this stuff as one and i only need to have the Hitman 3 disk in?

Its very confusing. 

That's basically how it should work (and how it worked for moving from H1 to H2) but we are all still waiting on final confirmation with regard to Hitman 3.

(The other option is to buy the "GOTY Legacy Pack" from the Hitman 2 in-game store, which gives you the Hitman 1 levels in the other two games. That may be on sale and even cheaper than getting Hitman 1 on disc - worth checking at least).

16 minutes ago, Ry said:

Im still a bit confused by the whole exporting thing.

I bought Hitman 2 on digital but i was thinking of buying the first game on disk (its much cheaper than on xbox store) so can i put the disk in for Hitman 1 and install the game then export it to Hitman 2? So i can then remove the disk and never use it again?

Then if i buy Hitman 3 can i export all this stuff as one and i only need to have the Hitman 3 disk in?

Its very confusing. 

You were playing the H1 levels though weren’t you in H2, so you must already have H1 digitally on your XBOX account? When I look on my PSN account/library I don’t see any reference to H1 but I know I have it as I found the original confirmation email from when it was part of PS Plus. You definitely haven’t bought it before?

Thank You For Your Purchase
HITMAN™ - Legacy Pack (Full Game)  £0.00

It is very confusing.

I'm still quite confused by it. 

I own Hitman 1 & 2 and have never played them. 

So if I buy Hitman 3, I can then import them over and play all three games in Hitman 3?

Was there not a thing where you could upgrade and play all the Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2 without buying the second game? Was that not a thing on the release of Hitman 2? Is that the same again?

4 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Was there not a thing where you could upgrade and play all the Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2 without buying the second game? Was that not a thing on the release of Hitman 2? Is that the same again?

Yes you can do that using the free Hitman 2 Starter Pack, which is how I’m playing it on PS. Wondering about upgrading to full H2 release as it’s £12.09 in the sale at the moment.

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

You were playing the H1 levels though weren’t you in H2, so you must already have H1 digitally on your XBOX account? When I look on my PSN account/library I don’t see any reference to H1 but I know I have it as I found the original confirmation email from when it was part of PS Plus. You definitely haven’t bought it before?

Thank You For Your Purchase
HITMAN™ - Legacy Pack (Full Game)  £0.00

It is very confusing.

Yeah i have hitman 1 and all the base levels are there to play via 2 but i dont have the legacy pack (which is £32) which gives upgrades to hitman 1 in the HM2 game engine. So fuck knows whats going on. 

There is another Hitman 1 download (which is an additional 32gb) which says it gives access to the opening level or something, and i can install this as well but whats the point if i have access and i dont want the games to take up any more space. 

At this point im ready to just give up. Hitman 2 already is taking up over 90gb