Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

On 01/01/2021 at 14:27, Vemsie said:

First 5 minutes of Dubai mission:

Sweaty palms watching that starting point.

Also, as a former Dubai resident, they’ve nailed the interior, at least what is shown. Kind of resembles the Burj Al Arab. Plenty of building foyers have that glaring sun issue.

5 hours ago, mexos said:

I'm hoping for more of the sniper levels - I can play that all day long.

Yeah I like them too, nice little diversion and the clock means they’re good for a quick play. Haven’t managed all the challenges on any yet, I’m too twitchy when it comes to shooting fleeing targets.

I'm still very confused about how importing Hitman 1 and 2 to take advantage of the new engine is going to work. I have 1&2 on Steam, and they're showing up on my IOI account, but other than that I can't seem to find any information at all as to how this works.

11 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I'm still very confused about how importing Hitman 1 and 2 to take advantage of the new engine is going to work. I have 1&2 on Steam, and they're showing up on my IOI account, but other than that I can't seem to find any information at all as to how this works.

On Steam, they'll just appear in Hitman 3. 

Or at least, I'll assume it'll do it the same way as it did the last time - you do need to have both games installed until you've fully installed the third one, and I believe once that's done you can delete them off.

20 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Don't worry about how it works and just let it.

What sorcery is this? You ask the impossible.

9 minutes ago, JoeK said:

On Steam, they'll just appear in Hitman 3. 

Or at least, I'll assume it'll do it the same way as it did the last time - you do need to have both games installed until you've fully installed the third one, and I believe once that's done you can delete them off.

It's more that I have 1&2 on Steam and because I'm impatient, I'll be buying 3 on Epic!

4 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

What sorcery is this? You ask the impossible.

It's more that I have 1&2 on Steam and because I'm impatient, I'll be buying 3 on Epic!

Ah, you see that's where my curious OCD would come into play - I could never have a series all randomly spread around the place. 

Especially as I don't think Epic have Hitman 2 on their lists for some reason...

I'm sure it'll all work out somehow though.

EDIT: Hang on, is Hitman 3 a fucking Epic exclusive for a time?

That's incredibly annoying...I need to find my smelling salts...

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Ah, you see that's where my curious OCD would come into play - I could never have a series all randomly spread around the place. 

Especially as I don't think Epic have Hitman 2 on their lists for some reason...

I'm sure it'll all work out somehow though.

EDIT: Hang on, is Hitman 3 a fucking Epic exclusive for a time?

That's incredibly annoying...I need to find my smelling salts...

Oh man. I proceeded through this exact series of emotional hallways too.

I bought Hitman 2 Gold Edition whilst it was in the PSN sale, going to try to play through as much of it before 3 is released

Done the base game,and moving onto each individual location

Is it right that even if I buy the PS4 version, I can later upgrade to the PS5 version for free?

I was going to wait but honestly I’d quite like to piano wire some targets and throw them in laundry bins at the minute. Knowing I can port over any progress at a later date would be a boon.

Only hesitancy is Hitman 2 ran my Pro ragged, probably louder than any other game on the system.

If you buy the ps5 version you get a ps4 copy... Unsure if they are selling a ps4 version stand alone.

because the psvr only works on the ps4 version even on the ps5 they are chucking in a ps4 copy with each purchase.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/12/08/hitman-3s-dualsense-controller-features-unveiled-plus-more-gameplay-info/#sf240871698

To make sure all PS VR owners can experience the game in VR, we’re including a free digital copy of the PS4 version of Hitman 3 with all PS5 copies, whether you choose to buy it via disc or digital.

2 hours ago, fragglerock said:

If you buy the ps5 version you get a ps4 copy... Unsure if they are selling a ps4 version stand alone.

because the psvr only works on the ps4 version even on the ps5 they are chucking in a ps4 copy with each purchase.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/12/08/hitman-3s-dualsense-controller-features-unveiled-plus-more-gameplay-info/#sf240871698

Ahhhh, okay. (sort of) makes sense.

Straddling two gens never felt quite as convoluted in the past, did it? Never owned a new console within a year of its original release though so maybe things had just smoothed out by the time I got onboard.

16 minutes ago, glb said:

Straddling two gens never felt quite as convoluted in the past, did it? Never owned a new console within a year of its original release though so maybe things had just smoothed out by the time I got onboard.

For all its faults, I think this is as good as it’s ever been. You pretty much always had to choose one or the other in the past; getting the next gen version along with a current gen edition as a matter of course is a new and very welcome thing.

32 minutes ago, glb said:

It's just because of VR really. PSVR only works in backwards compatible games on the PS5 which is why you need to play the PS4 version of Hitman on your PS5 console even if you have the PS5 version.

28 minutes ago, Rain Birds said:

For all its faults, I think this is as good as it’s ever been. You pretty much always had to choose one or the other in the past; getting the next gen version along with a current gen edition as a matter of course is a new and very welcome thing.

That’s a very fair point, hadn’t looked at it that way.

15 minutes ago, Majora said:

It's just because of VR really. PSVR only works in backwards compatible games on the PS5 which is why you need to play the PS4 version of Hitman on your PS5 console even if you have the PS5 version.

A not ideal set-up but credit to IO for at least offering a workaround that can let as many people get what they want from the game as possible.

Really hope this is a success, as the first two games have been brilliant fun, and their support of the content nothing short of exceptional.

7 minutes ago, tobert said:

I wonder if the psvr version on ps5 will be able to take advantage of machines extra horsepower

This is a great question but I doubt it would be anything other than the PS4 pro version.

Probably such a niche market it’s not worth the testing.

The Rogue-like permanent shortcuts and camera are interesting additions to an already feature-rich framework.

Given the clockwork nature of the levels it would be really cool if they introduced Contract missions that revolved around taking pictures, e.g. take a photo of a specific NPC doing a specific action, requiring you to manipulate everything into position.

20 hours ago, tobert said:

I wonder if the psvr version on ps5 will be able to take advantage of machines extra horsepower

The way PS4 emulation on PS5 works is that every PS4 game runs in emulation mode and cannot access the PS5 hardware features. So besides some small boosts and tricks on a global OS level, you will be playing the PS4 version and not the PS5 version in VR.