IGNORED

Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

Hitcher

I’m waiting for a deal on the first Hitman too (on Xbox). 

I think it was £8.99 at one point so hopefully it will bounce back to that again. 

Meanwhile I’m still getting lots out of the levels in 2 and 3 with still a fair few mission stories to complete. Hopefully by the time I’ve done that the first game will have been on sale. 

24 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

I’m waiting for a deal on the first Hitman too (on Xbox). 

I think it was £8.99 at one point so hopefully it will bounce back to that again. 

Meanwhile I’m still getting lots out of the levels in 2 and 3 with still a fair few mission stories to complete. Hopefully by the time I’ve done that the first game will have been on sale. 

While I love all 3 I think the first games maps are the best. Well, Paris, Sapienza and Bangkok.

I better get that Easter egg stuff done today as it’s the last day for the seasonal content.

2 hours ago, krenzler said:

Yeah but the first one alone (GOTY edition) is hella expensive on the PS Store. Plus the spring sale makes Hitman II very tempting right now. And I want to play whatever episode with the upgraded visuals.

I assume you missed H1 GOTY when it was on PS Plus, just checking you don’t already have it and don’t realise?

I’m sure just having vanilla Hitman 1+2 upgrades you to GOTY/Extra pack when you import to Hitman 3?

it says it on the IO import page and seemed to be the case for me anyway, I think...?  all the versions and packs does have me a bit confused, but I seem to have the H1 extra missions in H3, and I definitely didn’t buy the GOTY pack at any point 

EDIT - no , I was wrong.  Vanilla H1 will upgrade to GOTY but still need to buy the H2 extra bits

from - https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

“ How to get it
– Consoles: If you have previously downloaded the HITMAN 1 Legacy Pack, HITMAN 1 GOTY Legacy Pack or HITMAN 1 GOTY Upgrade for HITMAN 2, you will be able to download it for no additional cost. (Yes, that’s a free upgrade to the GOTY Edition if you only own the Standard Edition of H1!). The price for this Access Pass will be listed as ‘free’ when you look for it in the store.”

I did the Dartmoor Elusive Target last night. 

I was a bit too impatient to get Silent Assassin but still managed to take him out without anyone noticing and got the painting too. 

Feel like it’s the easiest ET I’ve done but perhaps helped by knowing that Dartmoor level so well and it being fairly small. 

26 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The best bit about this one is "Compromised"

No shit.

Its exactly what I want. I want the frame rate to buckle and I want the game to stop and think and almost completely crash the console.

I *got everyone in *the Colorado *map and piled them In the house and on the stair case. The frame rate went to absolute shit and I got an explosive but that didn’t do what I wanted to the *fallen people

*words inserted so the CIA bots don’t think I’m a terrorist

I remember me and my drunk friend trying to do something like that with crackdown on 360.

When the frame rate turns to shit you know your in the realm of “we didn’t plan for this!”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m still on Hitman 1 playing via the H3 Free Start Pack but as I’m coming to the end I’ve just bought H2 Gold PS4 in the sale, no need to do download the whole game, just a couple of 1mb unlocks and there it is in H3 Starter pack on PS5, brilliant.

It’s not perfect, there’s the odd bit of flicker here and there in H1 but it’s fantastic IO have provided the free upgrade and all the levels are available in the one game. I do feel a bit guilty though as I haven’t bought H3 yet and H1 GOTY is via PS Plus.

This is the best Hitman since Blood Money. The levels are fantastic and really fun to explore. The last Hitman I played (the one with Formula One) was too open world and not linear enough, and the result was me getting lost and struggling to complete missions. This one on the other hand is Hitman perfection. Just finished Apex Predator and it was ton of fun. 

• 1 month later...

Apologies for a slightly random request, but I'm struggling to get into this after picking it up in the PS5 sale. I basically find it quite stop-start and I'm not really sure how  to play it. Typically I'm going for the first mission (after doing a few runs through the tutorials) and I just keep going off the rails and restarting. Should I spend more time just looking around a mission before committing to a particular approach?

17 minutes ago, Hewson said:

Apologies for a slightly random request, but I'm struggling to get into this after picking it up in the PS5 sale. I basically find it quite stop-start and I'm not really sure how  to play it. Typically I'm going for the first mission (after doing a few runs through the tutorials) and I just keep going off the rails and restarting. Should I spend more time just looking around a mission before committing to a particular approach?

I don't tend to restart. When I'm playing a new map I just explore and make a mental (or even physical) note of opportunities and threads to follow. Just prod at the various barriers, listen in on conversations, follow targets and 'unique' NPCs and see what happens. Assassinate the targets any way you can, even if it's just a potshot when you think you can get away with it. If you get busted, try to escape and recover, and carry on from there. Leave 'clean' runs until you have a more thorough understanding of the mission. You'll get points and unlock new Mastery points (which accumulate to unlock new start points, agency drops etc) every time you finish the mission and escape, so I find it tends to be worth seeing it through even you've made a dog's dinner of it. The only time I give a shit about doing it clean is when I'm going for a Silent Assassin run, which tends to be after several playthroughs. I find the messy ones more fun, anyway.

1 hour ago, Pob said:

The only time I give a shit about doing it clean is when I'm going for a Silent Assassin run

THIS. This is the single thing anyone needs to understand about Hitman.  It's XP you get ONCE. It's a nice challenge but really it's about as relevant as a no deaths run of Sonic the Hedgehog or a no kills run of a Dishonored level.  Normally any assassination you walk away from is a good one.

It is, essentially, a game whose advertising and rep revolves around what is really an expert level challenge.

And yes, you'll continuously unlock stuff. A silent assassin run is a lot easier if you start Dartmoor inside the house dressed as someone with the run of 3/4 of the level, which is an option that'll become available.

Hitman 3 does to a degree assume you've played the others as well, those mission stories are basically level tutorials and are much more numerous in the older games.  That said, time is basically irrelevant so feel free to just wonder round everywhere you can get to, you might overhear something...

4 hours ago, Hewson said:

restarting

Just don't. Hitman is secretly a dark comedy game about this relentless killing machine who isn't very good at his job and winds up bonking someone on the head with a coconut while dressed as a pastry chef then pushing his bodyguard off a ledge and running away.

8 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Just don't. Hitman is secretly a dark comedy game about this relentless killing machine who isn't very good at his job and winds up bonking someone on the head with a coconut while dressed as a pastry chef then pushing his bodyguard off a ledge and running away.

Hahaha. Brilliant - that's given me a whole new way of appreciating it. Thanks, @Dudley, for your thoughts too. Will resist the restart button!

I mean, here's a spoiler to an entire undocumented "Story" in that first Dubai level that you can figure out by listening. No help in HOW to do it here, just the sequence.

Spoiler

You can discover a golf set on a balcony, you overhear someone say your target only plays golf when he's angry.

Elsewhere you discover someone brought in an explosive golf ball but decided not to use it.

Combine these 2 ideas, and you can get said target to smack an explosive golf ball catapulting him off the roof.

You can get the answers to "how" from further listening. There's a lot of these things around. Get that one right and it can be part of silent assassin because if you want you can be half a level away when he dies.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to unlock a sniper rifle in H3 like in the old Blood Money game, where you would start with a briefcase with a unpackable rifle? I think you could upgrade it as well to have better silencers and attachments…

I finished Hitman 3 recently and didn’t even touch a sniper rifle the whole game…