Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

Chongquin Master! A bit less faff than Berlin, thanks to the 12k XP through mission stories. Didn't mind the map, but think it's my least favourite of the four I've completed so far.

Don't know whether to tackle Mendoza, or go and get the last couple of mastery 20s I'm missing from H1 and H2 first. Hoping the 'Rise Up' trophy bug I encountered gets fixed with the next update too as wouldn't mind going for the platinum. Not going to learn a language or how to play guitar so need something to show from this lockdown, right?

7 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I finished 3 this morning.

The last level was a strange one. Probably not something I’ll spend too much time on.

Now I need to master all the levels like I have with Paris so back to sapienza in preparation for the elusive target!

Also anyone here managed to get the two targets to meet in Bangkok? If so how did you do it?

You'll get master level 5 on the train on a couple of playthroughs and a couple of repeats of the very last section.

As for the last thing yes, it's one of the pre-defined mission stories if you take that approach but cryptic hint

Spoiler

You need to get access to their calendars and schedule a meeting.

3 hours ago, glb said:

Chongquin Master! A bit less faff than Berlin, thanks to the 12k XP through mission stories. Didn't mind the map, but think it's my least favourite of the four I've completed so far.

Don't know whether to tackle Mendoza, or go and get the last couple of mastery 20s I'm missing from H1 and H2 first. Hoping the 'Rise Up' trophy bug I encountered gets fixed with the next update too as wouldn't mind going for the platinum. Not going to learn a language or how to play guitar so need something to show from this lockdown, right?

I think I really liked that map, there’s a lot in it. The only thing I didn’t like is the whole nonsense in the abandoned apartment block. The weird mind game stuff seemed a bit shit and an anticlimax.

I think my favourite killed of the whole game so far was

Spoiler

the grape crusher

but then I’m a bit simple and miss so many other cool things. My friend is still sending me trophy videos of kills I’ve never seen from the first game.

7 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Oh it’s an actual mission story. Nice one.

I thought you had to throw coins for 3 hours.

When you get them together take a save, there are challenges that are easier with them in the same room...

8 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I think I really liked that map, there’s a lot in it. The only thing I didn’t like is the whole nonsense in the abandoned apartment block. The weird mind game stuff seemed a bit shit and an anticlimax.

Slept on it. I’ll go:

Berlin

Dartmoor

Chongquin

Dubai

Honestly though, it’s like ranking Kit-Kat Chunky’s; they’ve all got something enjoyable and all are moreish.

Think Chongquin is the prettiest, Dubai the grandest, Dartmoor the most creative and Berlin the most atmospheric.

All this really proves is ranking things is essentially meaningless fun as everyone will have their own preferences, and more importantly that the game, and wider trilogy, has some stupendous level design.

I had a great time on this last night. A few days ago I did what someone else said earlier and watched all the cinematics and mission briefings starting right from Hitman 2016 as a little Hitman movie. Despite Hitman 1/2 being some of my most played games ever I really had no idea what was going on when I went into H3 - some bloke with slicked-back hair seemed to be behind it all, then suddenly we were friends and he was in my earpiece. Then there was an Illuminati-type group who all dialled into an inverted glass pyramid suspended between some mountains for holographic conference calls. What.

Anyway, the story is really hokey but at least watching the cut-scenes back to back rather than spread out over five years, it all started to make sense.

So I went back to Haven Island, as I never actually even finished that mission before. I tried three more times to finish it, but died each time after over an hour! I don't use mid-level saves during the initial attempts as it forces me to roll with the punches. Anyway, I didn't care about having to restart as I could try totally different approaches each time, and get things ticked off the list. I managed to take out Ljudmilla cleanly, but the bloke with the skin condition got punched in the face and then a volley of suppressed rounds into his fat tummy after he turned round and saw me sneak up on him in his private cinema. The last guy, I just sniped from afar and walked away clean.

Then I went back to Dartmoor, which is as far as I've got in H3. I got Silent Assassin without really trying to hard with sneaky use of a remote taser in some water. First time I've used that tool, I think. The way the target flew up in the air as she died was just brilliant.

I think they've really improved on the incidental dialogue as the series has gone on. There are some really funny exchanges and the voice acting is much better, which makes discovering all the micro-stories within the levels worth doing. The macabre, tongue-in-cheek tone is spot on. I loved that on Dartmoor the target commented on the puddle of water I'd created before huffing and getting on with it.

13 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Guessing what it is you did there, that's not the official way to do that but it's certainly efficient.

The photo shoot? Yes I thought there must be a way using the stuff lying around but when I poked around I couldn’t quite figure it out. Then when I came to place the taser I saw what I was supposed to do. Placing the taser was easier than illegally exposing the wire in the end. 

I was actually hoping it would wipe out the entire family. 

49 minutes ago, Pob said:

The photo shoot? Yes I thought there must be a way using the stuff lying around but when I poked around I couldn’t quite figure it out. Then when I came to place the taser I saw what I was supposed to do. Placing the taser was easier than illegally exposing the wire in the end. 

I was actually hoping it would wipe out the entire family. 

You’d think it would be an opportunity to wipe them all out as they’re all individual challenges for each @Pob

So following on from Dubai I’ve reached level 20 mastery in Dartmoor and have moved onto Berlin. 

Liking the vibe of this location with the dance floor bass following you around the surrounding stairwells but can already see it’s gonna take quite a bit of time to understand the multiple routines at play throughout. 

Had quite a few attempts tonight at Sniper Assassin but no dice. 

Spoiler

3/5 with the sniper but haven’t worked out how to get the 5 yet...

So yeah really enjoying my time with Agent 47 and to be honest it’s taken until 3 for me to really get to grips with the mechanics of the trilogy. 

5 minutes ago, HappiestRogue said:

You’d think it would be an opportunity to wipe them all out as they’re all individual challenges for each @Pob

So following on from Dubai I’ve reached level 20 mastery in Dartmoor and have moved onto Berlin. 

Liking the vibe of this location with the dance floor bass following you around the surrounding stairwells but can already see it’s gonna take quite a bit of time to understand the multiple routines at play throughout. 

Had quite a few attempts tonight at Sniper Assassin but no dice. 

Hide contents

3/5 with the sniper but haven’t worked out how to get the 5 yet...

So yeah really enjoying my time with Agent 47 and to be honest it’s taken until 3 for me to really get to grips with the mechanics of the trilogy. 

Seen a way to cheese it...

Spoiler

Just carry the rifle closer to the club and shoot targets point blank.

Obviously just gets Sniper Assassin and not Silent Assassin as well.

Although I still think one of the fundamental things you need to get through in your brain while playing Hitman is that in terms of getting all the challenges, silent assassin is something you have to do once.

If you're just trying to get...ooh.... snipe both targets at once then it doesn't matter one shit if you gun down the guards that make that difficult if you already earned your 5000xp.

And that's important because it's a lot more enjoyable exploring when you're not paranoid about one guard seeing you out of the corner of their eye as you pour emetic poison into a martini.

I like to get the SA at least once per level. Only have one SASO, but might try a few more. Do enjoy the occasional ‘kill everyone’ run though to clear the decks.

First Mendoza run was going fine but rushed a bit in the wine cellar and everything went south quickly. Love 47 as a wine connoisseur, his dialogue with NPCs is a joy. Pretty level though, strong Sapienza vibes.

Oh yeah you absolutely want to do it once.  I generally play it, then play it again for SA THEN start experimenting.

Suit only SA runs I have basically no idea about, especially somewhere like Berlin.  I can see getting one of the dudes in Dubai that way but no idea how I'd do both.  Might pick a level and watch a youtube.

Chongquin is the first level where SASO looked fairly obvious to me. Was really pleased when it worked as planned.

I watched an SASO Berlin run just because I was fascinated with how a five target run would work. I don’t think I’d have got close to the solution I saw.

For the other H3 levels I’ve avoided spoilers. Dartmoor I’ve got a route planned, just need to get the timing right. Dubai will be totally down to timing and having shortcuts unlocked. Even then the Penthouse will be tricky to get around due to the number of guards.

I’ve done Dubai on SASO, and it’s actually pretty easy. My route was (spoilers obviously!):

Spoiler

Go to the toilets near where the first bar is, and enter the toilet cubicle on the left (the one with the closet). Fiddle with the toilet controls, and then hide in the closet until the attendant comes in. Knock him out, hide him in the cupboard, and then activate the toilet controls again, before getting back in the cupboard, and repeating with the second attendant. Grab his key card and stash him in the cupboard too. 

Leave the stall and use the keycard to exit through to the laundry. Knock out the guy in here too and dump him in the hamper. Leave the laundry to get to the stairwell and head downstairs. At the bottom, wait for the guards to finish their chat and for one of them to walk away. Nip into the room opposite and use your phone to open the windows, making sure to stay hidden. The two smokers will leave, and you can climb along the ledge, up a pipe, along an other ledge and into a window cleaning platform. Open another window and you’re onto the third floor. 

Sneak into the second room on the left (while avoiding the camera) and knock out the maintenance guy and stash him in the cupboard. Enter the server room and leave by the other door. Walk down the corridor past the lady on the phone and when the maintenance guy goes to look out the window, knock him out, grab his server room card and stash him in the cupboard behind you. Then hide in the cupboard. As soon as the lady finishes her call and walks past your hiding place, get out and head back to the server room. 

Use your card on the card reader that appears, then see which screen goes yellow. Pull that server rack, then use the computer to turn off cameras, open elevator doors and rearrange a meeting, which will put both partners in the same room in the penthouse.

Head back out into the corridor where the woman was on the phone and turn to the door on your right. When the guard on the other side walks away, sneak out and head left towards the meeting room, which you should be able to sneak into without the guard at the end of the corridor noticing. Head to the maintenance room at the back. 

Leave the maintenance room by the other door, and sneak under the stairs and immediately turn left into the dead end. Climb up onto the shelf here, and again onto the staircase landing. Move quickly crouching up the stairs to avoid being spotted.

At the top of the stairs, head left and stay crouched behind the barriers (pausing only to pick up some coins on one of them) and walk all the way to the back of the left hand side of the room, where there’s a secret door to the ventilation room.

Staying crouched, head through the far door to get into the penthouse, and quickly hide behind the counter. The timing is really tight on this next bit and may require a fe attempts, so this is a good place to save.

Throw a coin into the corridor that leads to the lounge room to distract the guard that’s in the room with you. As he turns you can quickly sneak behind him into the lounge. As you sneak past him, immediately fling a second coin into the middle of the lounge, to distract the targets, allowing you sneak over to the counter where the lockdown switch is. Hit the switch, watch the video, and dispose of the targets any way you like (shooting the chandelier to drop it on them is fun!). Hide the bodies, then release the lockdown and head to the corridor on the right where a guard has his back to you. Quickly subdue him and drag him through the door he was looking at and all the way down the stairs. Wait for the guard watching the corridor to walk away and then drag your guard into the toilet across the corridor and stash the body. Leave the toilet and jump out through the nearby window.

Now all you have to do is climb back down to the lower floor, sneak up a flight of stairs back to the laundry room, back through to the toilets and saunter out to the lifts in the atrium! 

That took so much longer to type out than I thought it would! 

Key to a lot of SASO runs is that both poison and accidental kills count for silent assassin.

I'm really disappointed that they took the master SASO challenges away though. I know it's just a tick in a box and it doesn't stop me doing it myself, but it was in H1 and H2... :(

10 hours ago, jon_cybernet said:

I’ve done Dubai on SASO, and it’s actually pretty easy. My route was (spoilers obviously!):

Hide contents

Go to the toilets near where the first bar is, and enter the toilet cubicle on the left (the one with the closet). Fiddle with the toilet controls, and then hide in the closet until the attendant comes in. Knock him out, hide him in the cupboard, and then activate the toilet controls again, before getting back in the cupboard, and repeating with the second attendant. Grab his key card and stash him in the cupboard too. 

Leave the stall and use the keycard to exit through to the laundry. Knock out the guy in here too and dump him in the hamper. Leave the laundry to get to the stairwell and head downstairs. At the bottom, wait for the guards to finish their chat and for one of them to walk away. Nip into the room opposite and use your phone to open the windows, making sure to stay hidden. The two smokers will leave, and you can climb along the ledge, up a pipe, along an other ledge and into a window cleaning platform. Open another window and you’re onto the third floor. 

Sneak into the second room on the left (while avoiding the camera) and knock out the maintenance guy and stash him in the cupboard. Enter the server room and leave by the other door. Walk down the corridor past the lady on the phone and when the maintenance guy goes to look out the window, knock him out, grab his server room card and stash him in the cupboard behind you. Then hide in the cupboard. As soon as the lady finishes her call and walks past your hiding place, get out and head back to the server room. 

Use your card on the card reader that appears, then see which screen goes yellow. Pull that server rack, then use the computer to turn off cameras, open elevator doors and rearrange a meeting, which will put both partners in the same room in the penthouse.

Head back out into the corridor where the woman was on the phone and turn to the door on your right. When the guard on the other side walks away, sneak out and head left towards the meeting room, which you should be able to sneak into without the guard at the end of the corridor noticing. Head to the maintenance room at the back. 

Leave the maintenance room by the other door, and sneak under the stairs and immediately turn left into the dead end. Climb up onto the shelf here, and again onto the staircase landing. Move quickly crouching up the stairs to avoid being spotted.

At the top of the stairs, head left and stay crouched behind the barriers (pausing only to pick up some coins on one of them) and walk all the way to the back of the left hand side of the room, where there’s a secret door to the ventilation room.

Staying crouched, head through the far door to get into the penthouse, and quickly hide behind the counter. The timing is really tight on this next bit and may require a fe attempts, so this is a good place to save.

Throw a coin into the corridor that leads to the lounge room to distract the guard that’s in the room with you. As he turns you can quickly sneak behind him into the lounge. As you sneak past him, immediately fling a second coin into the middle of the lounge, to distract the targets, allowing you sneak over to the counter where the lockdown switch is. Hit the switch, watch the video, and dispose of the targets any way you like (shooting the chandelier to drop it on them is fun!). Hide the bodies, then release the lockdown and head to the corridor on the right where a guard has his back to you. Quickly subdue him and drag him through the door he was looking at and all the way down the stairs. Wait for the guard watching the corridor to walk away and then drag your guard into the toilet across the corridor and stash the body. Leave the toilet and jump out through the nearby window.

Now all you have to do is climb back down to the lower floor, sneak up a flight of stairs back to the laundry room, back through to the toilets and saunter out to the lifts in the atrium! 

That took so much longer to type out than I thought it would! 

That's actually super helpful, I do sometimes forget that if only targets see you and you hide those bodies, it's still SA.

On Dubai I snuck into the behind-the-scenes area around the art installation. If you climb up into the rigging, you can hop up onto the first floor of the main area, right next to the server room. Just down the hall from the server room is an electronically-locked door that provides a very quiet route up to the safe room at the top of the building. You can either bring a lock scrambler to get through that door, or take out the guard who goes in and out of the security room near the server room. He carries a keycard. Once you're on the top floor you can hide in the kitchen and lure the bodyguard who will block your way into the safe room once the meeting commences.

That's definitely the quickest way to get in and out without too much hide-and-seek.

Mendoza is a great map. Reached level 11 without getting SA yet. Looking at the level unlocks I think there might be a relatively easy way to get it, and certainly a super easy way to get Sniper Assassin.

Do like how the stories and certain challenges can be missed if you (me) fanny about too long. Also, after four or five runs I'm still none the wiser on a couple of the assassination challenges. Overall this feels closest to H1 and H2, which were less hand-holding. Did start the last level as was intrigued with how Mendoza would be followed-up, but only played a minute or two as want to stick with getting full mastery before moving on.

And of course 47 knows how to tango :wub:

And done. Enjoyed the last level as a bit of a departure from the norm. Took the one man army route, which I guess has been 47 all along, just usually with more restraint. Overall thoroughly enjoyed 3, it rounds off a fantastic trilogy. It’s a shame the route to having all the trilogy content is a bit cumbersome as think it may put off a lot of newcomers from fully-indulging in one of the most enjoyable set of games in recent years.

Dipped back into some H1 and H2 to hoover up a few outstanding masteries. Forgot how tricky Hokkaido is, it’s certainly obvious going from 3 back to 1 how the accessibility has been made broader. Got Japan, Marrakesh and Fortuna to level up, so still a good few hours of gameplay to enjoy :)

Hoping next week’s update triggers a couple of the bugged trophies in order for the H3 platinum to unlock too. Will be a satisfying exclamation point on a wonderful trilogy.

Managed to get Master level on all Hitman 3 levels today. It's much easier once I realised that I didn't have to finish a run for the challenge to count, and I could just make a save and then keep re-loading to try out different assassinations/feats. 

The trophy for completing all the Dubai missions didn’t unlock after the update, even though I’ve completed all the missions. It’s the only one I need for the platinum :(

Anyway, balls to that, it’s so cool seeing the Elusive Target countdown clock ticking again :wub: