IGNORED

Hitman III - January 2021 - Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4/5, & PC

Hitcher

2 hours ago, Capwn said:

Did mission 2. Mission 3 I’m cluelessly wandering around trying to kill ICA men but there is no opening or clues how to do it? Another hour wasted wandering around aimlessly. Really not getting on with this.

Kick bricks onto their heads. Shoot lights so they fall on them. Push them off ledges. Poison their drinks. Cause a water leak and run an electric current through it.

There's five methods I used as suggestions. Also you should be replaying the earlier levels more than once, to unlock more things and familiarise yourself with the mechanics.

6 hours ago, Capwn said:

Did mission 2. Mission 3 I’m cluelessly wandering around trying to kill ICA men but there is no opening or clues how to do it? Another hour wasted wandering around aimlessly. Really not getting on with this.

Sounds like the game may just not be for you to be honest. All I can suggest is going back to the tutorials and earlier missions and completing more mission stories and challenges to see if you can get a better feel for what the game expects of you. But mission 3 is quite open-ended so going back and completing story missions where it walks you through everything may not help you loads. 

Mission 3 structure spoilers 

Spoiler

You only have to kill 5 agents, there are loads more than that scattered across the level. If you can't figure out a way to kill one of them, move on. I can think of a least a few off the top of my head in that level where you don't really have to orchestrate anything fancy.

13 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I didn't get the motorbike exit the first time I tried in Dartmoor after sneaking out through the underbrush. However it did pop the second time I tried, after walking across the stone bridge and strolling through the main gates.   This may be a coincidence but having spent years in software testing it does look like the sort of bug you find when you can take multiple paths through a piece of code.

Yeah I've done one of each, now I've "got" all the other exits I guess I'll just use that one whenever possible whenever I exit and hope for the best.

19 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I've done one of each, now I've "got" all the other exits I guess I'll just use that one whenever possible whenever I exit and hope for the best.

I had another bug in Dartmoor where I found the boat key but couldn’t exit on the boat.

It might just be coincidence and it's entirely anecdotal, but I noticed that the bike has two exit prompts, one either side but very close together. I didn't get the challenge when I just walked up to it the first time but when I took the time to walk round the other side and use the other prompt I got it, might help?

7 hours ago, CarloOos said:

There's five methods I used as suggestions. Also you should be replaying the earlier levels more than once, to unlock more things and familiarize yourself with the mechanics.

Ah, yeah I actually didn't do the tutorials. Thought it would just be how to move around which I seem to be fine at but if it teaches you more about the principles of the game rather than the controls then I should. Also yeah, I've not gone to replay any levels. I was planning on going through all 6 and then replaying (if I enjoyed it) but it sounds like I'm missing out on stuff? I thought if you get a weapon/item after finishing the level it's ONLY for THAT level? Like I got a lockpick for level 1 but I have no lockpicks in level 2 and 3

2 hours ago, glb said:

I had another bug in Dartmoor where I found the boat key but couldn’t exit on the boat.

That one may have happened to me too, I thought I had the boat key but there was a locked exit still, I didn't check which is was because I was heading for the bridge to tick off the challenge.

2 hours ago, Fneeb said:

It might just be coincidence and it's entirely anecdotal, but I noticed that the bike has two exit prompts, one either side but very close together. I didn't get the challenge when I just walked up to it the first time but when I took the time to walk round the other side and use the other prompt I got it, might help?

No reason not to try it next time, cheers.

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

Ah, yeah I actually didn't do the tutorials. Thought it would just be how to move around which I seem to be fine at but if it teaches you more about the principles of the game rather than the controls then I should. Also yeah, I've not gone to replay any levels. I was planning on going through all 6 and then replaying (if I enjoyed it) but it sounds like I'm missing out on stuff? I thought if you get a weapon/item after finishing the level it's ONLY for THAT level? Like I got a lockpick for level 1 but I have no lockpicks in level 2 and 3

If you unlock something, you can equip it for any mission, you ARE planning the missions right, it's well worth doing.  Not least so you can avoid repeating sneaking round the building in Dubai or breaking into the grounds in Dartmoor.

Have got it since (the key is in the greenhouse) Actually, noticing more in this one how items are positioned in a much friendlier way. At least, feels like they are in order to complete certain actions/challenges.

Dartmoor mastery 20 get. Final run I re-did a challenge I already had done but it actually unlocked this time. The detective mission is a high point for the trilogy, and feels like something IO could use in their Bond game. Not so much being the detective himself, but the ability to use intel to get different story outcomes.

Dartmoor is great.  The China End of an Era map is the worst one ever in a Hitman game by a mile. On the plus side the servers died and so I'm not playing it anymore tonight apparently.

Dubai all I really need is to find where the helicopter key is, because it's not on the pilot as I assumed and knock off a couple of ways to kill Carl.

Oh and figure out the banana thing.

On 31/01/2021 at 13:22, Fneeb said:

You're a genius, or at least this worked for me as well.

42,000XP for my first Berlin run. Fun level and like the twist on the usual Hitman approach to levels.

Still a few bugs, like one exit refused to work, despite the prompt being visible. Really surprised there’s still no patch, but guess with all the transfer mishaps IO have other priorities at the minute.

Quick question re: Berlin:

Spoiler

First time I played through the level, none of the targets were highlighted. I had to work out who they were by observing them and, well, guessing. As you can imagine this made the level extremely difficult. I think one or two of them may have become highlighted after I definitively identified them (e.g. observing them talking to their handler on their earpiece).

Second and subsequent runs, all 11 targets are highlighted from the start and shown on the map, as per normal Hitman targets. This makes the level significantly easier but also a lot more fun!

Is this the way it's supposed to work or have I triggered some sort of bizarre bug?

Spoiler

Yes, you don't have a handler so any advanced intelligence is missing.

47's relationship with causality is Borderlandsesque, subsequent runs are coming with knowledge of the first, hence highlighting. It's also why he doesn't unlock mission stories twice.

I worked out pretty early though, if you're in a standard outfit and they're noticers, they're targets.  Because in a public area in a non-restricted outfit who else would know you? iirc, they're also noticers regardless of your outfit.

PROTIP : If you're trying to kill 2 people with one sniper bullet for *reasons*, it becomes a lot easier when you realise you don't need to headshot to snipe kill in this game.

I suspect 90% of people in this thread know this but hopefully it stops one person spending a solid hour trying to headshot *2 people* like I did.

53 minutes ago, Dudley said:

PROTIP : If you're trying to kill 2 people with one sniper bullet for *reasons*, it becomes a lot easier when you realise you don't need to headshot to snipe kill in this game.

I suspect 90% of people in this thread know this but hopefully it stops one person spending a solid hour trying to headshot *2 people* like I did.

Yes. We all knew this already and you're absolutely not a hero that's probably saved me a shit load of time during my lunch break trying to do this. 

Because it's obvious. 

If it’s the bit I think you’re saying about, I hid by crouching behind a walkway and sniped the targets with one bullet from a range where I could have hit them with melee objects. Like. A. Pro. And not because I’m clumsy or because I thought you had to shoot them in midair from a different point and wasted loads of time setting that bullshit up.

Also, love standing on the dance floor in Berlin. The design and atmosphere for the club is perfect.

19 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

49fb5df2245c01eb3a63afdf9097840badc678bc

February roadmap. Some good stuff here but I'm genuinely surprised there's no patch due until February 23. Feels like there are lots of issues with the game that need sorting out fairly urgently.

Yep, ran into a fairly major one that I've seen confirmed by a dev.

Minor spoiler regards Mission Story in Argentina Vineyard. I'd still read it beforehand if you want to complete said story.

Spoiler

If you start the "sniper" based story, do NOT save/load after you complete the instruction <scan target>.  If you load a save from after that point the story will show as failed even if you do everything right.

I'm still getting constant server disconnects when I try to play, each time it pops up a message I click retry and it reconnects immediately but it's very intrusive as you can imagine. I'm astonished they haven't resolved this by now.

Other than that, it's really only the washed-out appearance of the Hitman 3 levels - especially Dartmoor -  that really bugs me (but I don't know if they even consider this a bug).  Most other stuff I've run into has been more comedic than challenging: a balcony in Dubai that 47 vaults over but then doesn't grab so just chucks himself straight off the level; a closed door in Dartmoor that guards walk straight through like it's not even there; invisible washing machines in Chongqing that just leave the drums floating in mid-air.

I'm the absolute worst at this, have been on quite the journey. 

I came in this thread just over a week or so ago, declaring that I'm just not digging my first ever Hitman experience and was told to do the tutorial. My god, I don't know why I didn't do that first. I learned 3 things that I wasn't doing before;

- You can run

- Doing the scouting/xray mode to identify people behind walls

- People with spots above their head means they are suspicious and will see through your disguise

Had no idea about any of those before. I'm still confused about the large floor white rings that randomly appear around you at times.

Anyway, much more enjoyable BUT I'm STILL not quite feeling this. I replayed dubai and killed a target in an 'interesting' way. I didn't feel clever for doing it and it wasn't particularly exciting. It just feels like ticking another checkbox to me.   I finished the 4th mission last night, mainly by just shooting the targets at blank range and running.

I'm not quite ready to give up just yet, will try and compete the final 2 levels. I guess I should keep going back to dubai and doing different kills but here is a really solid explanation of why I struggle to enjoy this game;

It features a spoilers for one of the more creative deaths (explosive sport)...

Spoiler

On one of my runs, I came across a golf ball and was like 'Weird'. Nothing came of it. Later I discovered there is a exploding golf ball kill, that one stood out to me. On another playthrough I passed a woman talking about an exploding golfball in the back room, so I went to get it. I placed it on the targets golf course. How do you get him to play golf? I just wandered about in his penthouse for ages, waiting for someone to say something about golf. It just never happened. No mention of golf.

I don't want to do all these kills by wandering around for ages, waiting for information to pop up? Where is the information? THAT is the struggle for me. I *think* the answer is to not worry about the golf ball and do other kills and inevitably I will come across the golf info when I'm not hunting for it?

Please don't tell me how to get the target to play golf :)

I don't dislike the game, I can see why people like it. This isn't a dig at all but as a child I would have loved this, where I had time to burn. It's like a big fun toybox. I spent a zillion hours playing Goldeneye trying to find countless ways of killing guards with remote mines etc.

The Tutorial tells you about all those things, you really should probably have gone through it.

You are incidentally on the right lines in the spoiler, there are lines to overhear that fill in those gaps.

My favourite one to figure out so far, and there is as far as I'm aware no dialog to help with this one, is the kill in the vineyard that you'd only know would even work if you'd played the hotel level before.

It does prove the depth though, I could "finish" the vineyard level in under 10 minutes with absolutely no equipment I didn't pick up during the mission and without anyone seeing me.  That's almost not the point.

7 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I'm the absolute worst at this, have been on quite the journey. 

I came in this thread just over a week or so ago, declaring that I'm just not digging my first ever Hitman experience and was told to do the tutorial. My god, I don't know why I didn't do that first. I learned 3 things that I wasn't doing before;

- You can run

- Doing the scouting/xray mode to identify people behind walls

- People with spots above their head means they are suspicious and will see through your disguise

Had no idea about any of those before. I'm still confused about the large floor white rings that randomly appear around you at times.

Anyway, much more enjoyable BUT I'm STILL not quite feeling this. I replayed dubai and killed a target in an 'interesting' way. I didn't feel clever for doing it and it wasn't particularly exciting. It just feels like ticking another checkbox to me.   I finished the 4th mission last night, mainly by just shooting the targets at blank range and running.

I'm not quite ready to give up just yet, will try and compete the final 2 levels. I guess I should keep going back to dubai and doing different kills but here is a really solid explanation of why I struggle to enjoy this game;

It features a spoilers for one of the more creative deaths (explosive sport)...

Reveal hidden contents

On one of my runs, I came across a golf ball and was like 'Weird'. Nothing came of it. Later I discovered there is a exploding golf ball kill, that one stood out to me. On another playthrough I passed a woman talking about an exploding golfball in the back room, so I went to get it. I placed it on the targets golf course. How do you get him to play golf? I just wandered about in his penthouse for ages, waiting for someone to say something about golf. It just never happened. No mention of golf.

I don't want to do all these kills by wandering around for ages, waiting for information to pop up? Where is the information? THAT is the struggle for me. I *think* the answer is to not worry about the golf ball and do other kills and inevitably I will come across the golf info when I'm not hunting for it?

Please don't tell me how to get the target to play golf :)

I don't dislike the game, I can see why people like it. This isn't a dig at all but as a child I would have loved this, where I had time to burn. It's like a big fun toybox. I spent a zillion hours playing Goldeneye trying to find countless ways of killing guards with remote mines etc.

The white rings mean you are hidden, either in a crowd or in foliage. So basically you won't get spotted by the white-dot crew.

I think you're starting to get it. On the one hand it sounds like you didn't get much satisfaction from doing one of the pre-canned kill methods. Did you follow a story mission to do this? If so, I agree, which is why I have these hints turned off. For me it's about figuring it out myself and not knowing if it's going to work until the moment of truth. But I'm a seasoned Hitman player so I can understand why people keep them on.

You're starting to get it with the golf ball thing. If you do figure out how to get the guy to play golf, hopefully you will feel like a genius. The clues are there as you walk around the penthouse level where the target roams - it's fairly clear if you listen to the dialogue and read the intel. If not, just play with stuff and see what the reaction is.

The golf ball one is one of the trickier ones, but you're most of the way there already.